Lifestyle Whatcha cooking?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
nice
daughter doesn't eat chili yet?
She likes spicy food but a couple cans of these in a chilli is more than I want to try with her yet.

My wife and son complained a bit about the heat but they ate the whole bowl. I didn’t think it was hot at all but I eat a lot of hot foods.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
She likes spicy food but a couple cans of these in a chilli is more than I want to try with her yet.

My wife and son complained a bit about the heat but they ate the whole bowl. I didn’t think it was hot at all but I eat a lot of hot foods.
That's exactly what I put in my chili.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Yee I agree with what you said about a good steak not needing any sauce. Rambo was right it's for shit meat and burgers though. When I was a kid, I would put it on hot dogs and spam lol...
Thinly sliced pan fried spam is fucking delicious. My wife is Filipino so spam is a regular part of her diet and we will use it as a bacon substitute on occasion.

Fried baloney is also amazing.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Chilli always tastes bette the next day.

My eyes were much bigger than my stomach, ate about half of that then gave up.
lovely
I also crack up because I only eat like one huge meal a day and that is at night...so sometimes you post 3 meals before I eat my next one
I am 215lbs but it is one meal a day and alcohol

That plate looks amazing

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Made my son a reuben. Corned beef, Swiss cheese, drained sauerkraut, buttered marble rye bread and thousand island.

Daughter had yogurt, apples and a bit of the reuben.

Unfortunately I didn’t realize we only had enough butter for one, so I’ll have to wait till my wife gets home to go get more so I can eat.

The sacrifices you make for your kids.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Steak chili and Wild Sockeye

K no offence here but dont get fancy with sockeye. You ruin the flavour of the fish with all those addons. Soy sauce and brown sugar or fuck your hat.

A far cheaper alternative to sockeye is pink salmon, which honestly in my opinion, is a tastier salmon.

Once in awhile I'll do a mayo, lemon dill sauce to dress my salmon but the brown sugar soy sauce is the bees knees.
Dont over cook that shit, nobody likes dry salmon. Once you see the fat cooking out of the meat it's done.
Also wtf serves chilli with sockeye? Heathen!

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Szechuan beef stir fry with udon noodles tonight. Prepping the bird for Easter Turkey dinner this weekend

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
K no offence here but dont get fancy with sockeye. You ruin the flavour of the fish with all those addons. Soy sauce and brown sugar or fuck your hat.

A far cheaper alternative to sockeye is pink salmon, which honestly in my opinion, is a tastier salmon.

Once in awhile I'll do a mayo, lemon dill sauce to dress my salmon but the brown sugar soy sauce is the bees knees.
Dont over cook that shit, nobody likes dry salmon. Once you see the fat cooking out of the meat it's done.
Also wtf serves chilli with sockeye? Heathen!
I usually only eat King, but if there's a sale I stock up, and there were whole sockeyes for $10 last fall so I packed the freezer.
It's generally for my diet.
Really all I put on it was lemon(free/foodbank)rosemary (outer, need to use up), butter, and garlic(again free foodbank).
Anytime I do non-king salmon I'm gonna do it up.
My King I usually smoke, or cut up in steaks.
The chili wasn't with it, I just cook multiple dinners daily to save dough and use ingredients that would go bad otherwise.
Chili is already in a freezer bag.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I usually only eat King, but if there's a sale I stock up, and there were whole sockeyes for $10 last fall so I packed the freezer.
Really all I put on it was lemon(free/foodbank)rosemary (outer, need to use up), butter, and garlic(again free foodbank).
The chili wasn't with it, I just cook multiple dinners daily to save dough and use ingredients that would go bad otherwise.
I like garlic, citrus, and advocado oil, + a lil salt n pepper on my salmon...I like your style

never done the brown sugar thingy Shats is talking about...probably delicious

I eat all kinds of salmon, even Dog salmon...they are driving them in from the coast every morning here and I just buy what they have a deal on or looks best

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I like garlic, citrus, and advocado oil, + a lil salt n pepper on my salmon...I like your style

never done the brown sugar thingy Shats is talking about...probably delicious

I eat all kinds of salmon, even Dog salmon...they are driving them in from the coast every morning here and I just buy what they have a deal on or looks best
Yeah, Brown sugar, molasses, there's lots of different things you can put on that crapp

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
$10 sockeye wtf?? Got it fresh where I grew up but out here its $28-$30 per kg

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
$10 sockeye wtf?? Got it fresh where I grew up but out here its $28-$30 per kg
He lives right near a Port I think

Lots of the Pacific catch does go directly to places that fetch that high price you quoted...only stuff that makes it to market here locally is from smaller boats and operations, they drive it in via pickup in huge coolers each morning to the fish markets