Lifestyle Whatcha cooking?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Breakfast
Leftover brisket hot pot with two OE eggs, fried grape tomatoes, avocado and green onion.

Last edited:

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
My first meat in weeks.
Cajun prawns w/toasted garlic & walnuts with red pepper/green onion and smoked salmon fried in olive oil. Walnut peppered avacado.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Sweet potato, mushrooms & pulled pork, sweet bhad baby broccoli, green beans cabbage, kale, garlic & capers.
All organic.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
This weekend’s cooking. Chinese sausage fried rice, lamb pie with kale and mashed potatoes with spring onion, and roasted Cornish hen, with balsamic roasted beets, sautéed peas with bacon and pearl onions and a Madeira rosemary gravy

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Pork shoulder roast, pulled pork sandwiches with gravy and hot sauce, pickled beats, cheese and dill pickles.

steak, mashed potatoes, bell peppers and cheese, fried garlic mushrooms, Caesar salad, corn and gravy.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Pork shoulder roast, pulled pork sandwiches with gravy and hot sauce, pickled beats, cheese and dill pickles.

steak, mashed potatoes, bell peppers and cheese, fried garlic mushrooms, Caesar salad, corn and gravy.

eating well
Corn on the cob even

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I made sun dried tomato basil shrimp and Caesar salad.
Yes I made my own marinade and dressing. Shop bought dressing is lazy.

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
Lunch was just Steak with Okra and Lemon.

Supper has too many ingredients to list from the phone, but basically it's rice with chinese sauces, oil, tofu and whatever vegetables the Asian store had fresh. I usually add kidney beans in there with the rice, as well but did not do so today (it's better to add them beans in, though).

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Lunch was just Steak with Okra and Lemon.

Supper has too many ingredients to list from the phone, but basically it's rice with chinese sauces, oil, tofu and whatever vegetables the Asian store had fresh. I usually add kidney beans in there with the rice, as well but did not do so today (it's better to add them beans in, though).

Any tips on cooking okra so it isn't slimy? I like the taste of it but not the texture. I've looked at Jamie tips etc but would rather know it from someone I interact with.

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
Any tips on cooking okra so it isn't slimy? I like the taste of it but not the texture. I've looked at Jamie tips etc but would rather know it from someone I interact with.
I love Okra! I always have to travel to specific Indian/African Foodstores but it's so worth it. It Iastes so nice and most most iantly it sits really well in the stomach.

The way I always did it was washing the pieces first, then you cut them up into pieces (don't make them too short, they need to be lying on the green outside in the pan), then heat oil, not too much, and insert ihe Okra. G
them proper heat, best if they get brown spots (like a piece of meat would from the heat) and become a bit soft. By then I usually get impatient and have to eat them :)

--> Okra with Cheese is the 'healthy' Mac&Cheese ! ;) great breakfast