What's for lunch?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Oooohhhhh don’t you dare let her see you say that or she will e-bitch slap you and go off on how low the Chinese are.:D
I'm her parole officer here. Before Splinty got captured by Boko Haram I was assigned to mentor her to help her integrate with the inferior westerners who post here

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
I said Banchan @Banchan would explain. FML!
Well, she IS the resident authority on all things Korean......

I will take my lumps.

Btw Google and YouTube are your friend.
That recipe isn't very authentic. It's typical how you see it prepared in America that uses cheaper local vegetables. Of course you can use them or any vegetables you want but some key ingredient missing that you would typically see it made in Korea besides beef (I assume this is a vegetarian version) is fern brake which is essential. It's chewy and delicious so it provides a big texture different from just eating a bowl of rice and soft vegetables as used here. He used alot of the wrong kind of vegetables as well like the squash and cucumber. Korean squash tastes a lot different than zucchini. It's much more flavorful and thin skin but more importantly holds up to cooking better than zucchini which turns mushy.. Also korean cucumbers is more like an american cucumber used for pickle, spikey, small seeds and has a saltier taste. English cucumbers have a bitter core and thick skin. Also missing the sweet and savory from sauted white radish. Bibimbap in video is like the mcdonald's version of a good burger etc. not really how mom would make it unless she had nothing in the fridge and skimped on the pricey groceries. Fern brake is sort of expensive.:oops:

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Store special cottage pie. With mint sauce on top. Fucking incredible, I'll be eating lots of these heading forth

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
ingredients?...looks tasty
Minced beef in some sort of gravy, cheesy mash on top, some crumbs stuff.

It's a traditional dish I'll bet there's a hundred different recipes out there, this one is a fine example and I've had this dish at least 100 times.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Robbie Hart @Bobby Shart get yourself to Tesco and get one of thier finest cottage pies.

Put a bit of mint sauce on top.

Live like a king!

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Or on the international food aisle at the grocery store

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
It looks really good but I just got that vibe from the food language/choice

but you live in US right now? or in UK or something
Lived in the USA for 5 years then moved back to UK last September. Today was the first day I saw the sun since I got back

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
You and your damn mint sauce.
I got a lamb meat organic meat snack thing in it today...looked and it was mint and something, and I am not the mint guy usually

it was good though...almost all spices are good in one situation or another