What's the Highest Compliment Your BJJ Has Received?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
what's the nicest/highest compliment someone has said to you in your BJJ training?

"Wow. You've got great pressure" - Ryron Gracie

M

member 3289

"Most people suck on their first lesson. You didn't at all. You have unbelievable potential."

- ATT bjj instructor

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I once tapped out in full mount. Cunt squeezed his legs and my damn head nearly popped off. We agreed to use technique and not strength after he got don't laughing at me.

kristian82

Feb 26, 2020
When my friend won a competition and I asked what with, he said a Guillotine. When I was asking about it (did you catch him on a shot or was it from guard? What type of Guillotine), he mentioned that he'd been working on them because he'd asked our coach how to stop getting Guillotined by me. Not a direct compliment but it definitely made feel good.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I only got compliments on my MT or boxing because I was actually good at those. BJJ talent in the south bay area in L.A county all the way to the O.C is insanely stacked I could be in the room with like 5-10 abu dhabi level guys and with like brian ortega and kron gracie down the street on a regular day. I guess my point is that no one was ever going to compliment my grappling unless I became some kind of elite level grappler.

lamarclark09

Oct 20, 2022
Unfortunately, I didn’t receive any compliments yet I think I am new in the BJJ class may be. But I really want compliments from my instructor.