Lifestyle What's the longest you've gone without sleep?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
I'm ballparking it @ somewhere between 40-48 hours. My time hop is showing me at 4:37am, where I said "guess I'm not sleeping tonight". I remember I worked the next morning, so somewhere between 40 and 48 sounds accurate.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
About the same.
I used to do 34-36 every fifth day for a while during medical training. And then about 28-30 every week off years after that.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
96 hours.....was bouncing in strong island and the cash was nice
Bullshit.

Really? You should submit yourself for medical research if your motor functions still had anything left by that point. Very impressive.

I've done about 55, maybe a little more. I was a wreck. I then fell asleep on my mates sofa without realising it. He was getting a new sofa the very next day so him and a couple of mates got off and lifted it up then threw it in the air with me on it. I thought I was actually falling to my death and immediately vomited. Fucking sucked. They thought it was funny.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Bullshit.

Really? You should submit yourself for medical research if your motor functions still had anything left by that point. Very impressive.

I've done about 55, maybe a little more. I was a wreck. I then fell asleep on my mates sofa without realising it. He was getting a new sofa the very next day so him and a couple of mates got off and lifted it up then threw it in the air with me on it. I thought I was actually falling to my death and immediately vomited. Fucking sucked. They thought it was funny.
Probably had about 4 hours over that time to nap........drank beers at the end of the run at my friend's gf's house and felt like I had drank 70 beers......slept well after that

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Real men of our ilk only sleep 1 hour a night like Tyler Durden.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I have no idea.

The longest day that comes to mind - I woke up at 5 AM, worked a full day then went to see my buddy's band perform. He didn't go on until 10 PM, then we left the bar at 2 AM and drove from Ohio to Florida - which is about a 12 hour drive. Went to some shitty ass beach front restaurant for beers and food then hit the beach where I eventually fell asleep in my chair after a couple hours - under an umbrella thankfully. Woke up to an empty beach in the middle of the night. It was pretty cool actually - and the locals didn't steal my beer.

I don't feel like doing the math, but that's definitely under 48 hours - so I got nothing on you guys.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Somewhere around 2 days (maybe a little less than a full 48 hrs). Felt relatively okay until the end, and then it became necessary to sleep.

Also, anybody that says more than 2 or 3 days should state if cocaine or meth was involved.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
About the same.
I used to do 34-36 every fifth day for a while during medical training. And then about 28-30 every week off years after that.
I've heard this a lot about doctors schedules during school, training, residency, shift work schedules, etc. I know it's common, and I can appreciate the amount of effort that docs put in to establishing their career. But it is a bit unnerving considering some of the things you guys have to do.

What's your opinion on this? Is it a bad idea, or risky/dangerous? Are some people just cut out for that? Would you like to see a different precedent?

Depending on what the situation is, there can be a lot of trust put into someone running on empty.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I said 9 days. Close this thread unless you wanna AMA .

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I knew a guy who drove, stopping only to piss and fuel up, from Northern California to South Florida. He was brushing his teeth constantly and destroyed the enamal on them and his teeth rotted soon after. Lots of meth was involved.

Yuki Nakai's Eye

Slow in the head, Quick in bed
Sep 2, 2015
I'll sleep when you're dead.

But probably close to 48 hours. I was a zombie. I wanted to go to sleep but had insomnia. I watched a bunch of movies on Hulu on my computer. This was back in 2009