Society What's the most petty act of humanity you've seen recently?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Last week I was working in an underserved clinic. A pregnant lady checked in, sat in the waiting room, then changed her mind.

She REALLY wanted the iPhone a nearby 6 year old was using. So she pushed the child down and ran out the door with the phone, pregnant and all.

Of course, she had already checked in and there are waiting room cameras, so she will be promptly arrested.

What is wrong with people?!

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
Last week I was working in an underserved clinic. A pregnant lady checked in, sat in the waiting room, then changed her mind.

She REALLY wanted the iPhone a nearby 6 year old was using. So she pushed the child down and ran out the door with the phone, pregnant and all.

Of course, she had already checked in and there are waiting room cameras, so she will be promptly arrested.

That's depressing

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
A few weeks back I saw a lady driving with a baby in her lap. I'd guess the baby was around 4-5 months old. And there was a toddler in the front passenger seat with no seat belt (get a car seat bitch!). AND...she was fucking around on her phone.

It caught my attention when I saw them at a stoplight, but it really became fucked up when the light turned green. Speeding, crossing lane lines, swerving in and out and in between cars (there were 3 lanes in our direction).

I'm not usually one to wish people trouble, but man was I hoping a cop car was around to witness this.

M

member 1013

I watch fat cats in suits lay off hard working people for shorterm windfalls, give themselves bonuses and then depart into the sunset in their fancy automobiles before it becomes apparent that now the company is behind on production and maintenance and has to hire back the amount of people and more and then scramble just to keep basic services running

Also Fuck periods and concise sentences

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
I bought a pint of ice cream, and when I got home found that there was a hole where a small something had punctured the container.

So I went back with a screwdriver and damaged all the rest because I'm an asshole.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015

unless that iphone is brand new and worth 1100 she probably might only face a ridiculously low fine and a few days in days. I guess the best case scenario is the family gets their phone back. also what kind of imbecile parent gives a 6 year old an iphone.

The basic penalties for theft as defined under Texas law are:
  • Class C Misdemeanor: When the value of items stolen was less than $50, or less than $20 if by check, the penalty is a fine of no more than $500.
  • Class B Misdemeanor: Value of property is more than $50 but less than $500, penalty can include jail time of not more than 180 days and/or a fine of no more than $2,000.
  • Class A Misdemeanor: Value of property is $500 or more but less than $1,500; penalty can include jail time of no more than a year and/or a fine of no more than $4,000.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Lol. She should get sent to a therapist for wanting a hunk of shit iPhone.

Listen, if you dipshits are about to rob phones from children, make sure you tell me which phone it is first so I can give you the green light.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
Lol. She should get sent to a therapist for wanting a hunk of shit iPhone.

Listen, if you dipshits are about to rob phones from children, make sure you tell me which phone it is first so I can give you the green light.
Now I gotta report to you before I steal from children?

People talk lightly about tyranny, but if that isn't it then the word has no meaning. SongExotic2 @Team Megan

M

member 3289

*pettiest. What's the pettiest act of humanity.

Not most petty.