Lifestyle What's your favorite first person shooter game?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
For me it has to be Far Cry. I loved that you could get the beast mode buff and track people by their scent, and the map creator function was really the best part of the game. I wish I still had an XBOX so I could upload my 3 greatest creations. 1 was Malibu Adjacent, named after the Son of the Beach TV Show, a tropical paradise that was loaded with heavy weapons, and a bunker on the top of the mountain at the center of the map, that if you got their with a sniper rifle, you controlled everything. Also had a pit trap where I dropped the elevation by about 20 feet and was baited with a rocket launcher. Almost got into some fights for having it there.

The 2nd was Neyawlins. I made it just after Hurricane Katrina. the entire city was just under enough water to run through or drive a vehicle through. Also had a few jet skis to make it easier to move through, and in one corner of the map a large hill with a hang glider on it. Except you couldn't climb the hill, you had to jump off a ramp with an ATV and stick the landing.

And the most annoying one of all was The Pyramid. I made an entire pyramid out of cargo crates. Bunch of zip lines. It was such a pain in the ass to make and took me several days. There was very little aside from The Pyramid. It was the equivalent of the WEC octagon, compared to the UFC's. It forced conflict, and it was fun as hell once I got it right.

The only negative thing I can say about Far Cry, is that when you were testing the map, it lacked an option to have NPC's running around like you can do in some of the Bond games. Major oversight IMO.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Counterstrike Source

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

I only play multiplayer, so I'm ignoring all the great stuff in campaigns of other games.

COD4 has a better campaign than the others, but MW3 is great for online play.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
quake 2 and some of the games based on it that need a complete skillset. Players great in that are really impressive.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
quake 2 and some of the games based on it that need a complete skillset. Players great in that are really impressive.

Oh shit....

Quake2 and Unreal Tournament destroyed a 5 years of my productivity.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Oh shit....

Quake2 and Unreal Tournament destroyed a 5 years of my productivity.
I never played much or was really good in it, but I enjoyed watching the good ones play, a lot shit going on always, and needs quite some strategy. q2 was too early for me anyway, but as I understand it, it is the big base.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Counterstrike Source

I only play multiplayer, so I'm ignoring all the great stuff in campaigns of other games.

Fuck your modern warfare 3. Mw2 was legit. Mw3 went too future for me to connect.

To date mw2 is the greatest online console shooter ever. Not the best game, but in terms of an online shooter experience it's never been matched.

"Tango sucka"

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Fuck your modern warfare 3. Mw2 was legit. Mw3 went too future for me to connect.

To date mw2 is the greatest online console shooter ever. Not the best game, but in terms of an online shooter experience it's never been matched.

"Tango sucka"

I'm always torn on this.

I am a one trick pony. Run and gun all day. But I'm a realllllyyyy good one trick pony. The unbalanced setup for MW2 was a better game for me. I could wreck everyone. I just think the better balancing in MW3 made for more competitive play...and MW3 was just a reskinned MW2 to make more money :eek:

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
For me it has to be Far Cry. I loved that you could get the beast mode buff and track people by their scent, and the map creator function was really the best part of the game. I wish I still had an XBOX so I could upload my 3 greatest creations. 1 was Malibu Adjacent, named after the Son of the Beach TV Show, a tropical paradise that was loaded with heavy weapons, and a bunker on the top of the mountain at the center of the map, that if you got their with a sniper rifle, you controlled everything. Also had a pit trap where I dropped the elevation by about 20 feet and was baited with a rocket launcher. Almost got into some fights for having it there.

The 2nd was Neyawlins. I made it just after Hurricane Katrina. the entire city was just under enough water to run through or drive a vehicle through. Also had a few jet skis to make it easier to move through, and in one corner of the map a large hill with a hang glider on it. Except you couldn't climb the hill, you had to jump off a ramp with an ATV and stick the landing.

And the most annoying one of all was The Pyramid. I made an entire pyramid out of cargo crates. Bunch of zip lines. It was such a pain in the ass to make and took me several days. There was very little aside from The Pyramid. It was the equivalent of the WEC octagon, compared to the UFC's. It forced conflict, and it was fun as hell once I got it right.

The only negative thing I can say about Far Cry, is that when you were testing the map, it lacked an option to have NPC's running around like you can do in some of the Bond games. Major oversight IMO.
You ever try the Bloor Dragon edition of Far Cry? Same game play but all the music and storyline is right from a B type 80s flick with 16bit graphics

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm always torn on this.

I am a one trick pony. Run and gun all day. But I'm a realllllyyyy good one trick pony. The unbalanced setup for MW2 was a better game for me. I could wreck everyone. I just think the better balancing in MW3 made for more competitive play...and MW3 was just a reskinned MW2 to make more money :eek:
I'm also a default run N gun guy. When I try and camp out in get way too impatient and jump into the action.

Titanfall is good for multiplayer if you haven't tried it. R&N in a big mech is a good option to have.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
I'm always torn on this.

Totally right on the reskinning. That's what annoys me more. It just wasn't a new game. It's like when Tony hawk Pro skater 3 came out. It was thps2 with worse levels and less customisation. I was so so pissed.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
You fucking peter puffers. The first black ops is the only good online COD game. The rest can fuck right off

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I spent many a night online getting clobbered in Rainbow Six 3. Great game.

I once talked so much shit to this dude who didn't have a headset that he logged off for about 2 hours. Then he popped back into our game, this time with a headset. He started going off on me, and I asked him if he went out and bought a headset just so he could respond to me. He confirmed that he did. I promptly booted him from the game.

Wherever he is, I guarantee IceHawk37 still hates me with the power of a thousand suns.

Last edited:

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
That game is legit and defined a generation.
made thousands of dollars on the game
lived in dealer house
60" tv and I used duct tape and cardboard and split screen down the middle for 2 on 2 matches

Could only play for money....

I was so good I turned off my sights and all HUD...rarely lost a game

fresh meat to earn/shoot all day and night long

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Portal, portal 2 (not really shooters but kind of), doom 2 and new doom, loved the original Medal of Honor games for the realism, story and ingenuity (for the time), half life 2.

Kind of fell out of shooters now that I'm old but love first person games that make you think.

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
Counterstrike Source

MW2 is where I cut my teeth. I was addicted to team deathmatch hardcore. No substitution!

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

Battlefield: 1942

Ghost Recon (Desert Siege, Island Thunder)

All for PC.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Cod Blk ops1, Ghost and Mw3
Far cry 3
Resistance fall of Man
All ps3