What's your favorite piece of MMA memorabilia? Post pics here!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
So as the title states, what's the crowning jewel of your collection? I know some of you have to be in possession of some pretty awesome shit.

For me, other than a few posters, books, framed 8x10s & 5x7s, I've got one thing that's my favorite - a signed photo of Shogun celebrating with Chute Boxe right after he'd won the PRIDE 2005 MWGP. Personally, I am not a big collector by any means at all, though I wish I could afford to be... One day!

I had the chance to see Shogun fight live in Boston in 2013. I'd had the pic below framed in my room for a couple of years before that. When I went to the weigh ins, I brought it with me in hopes of getting it signed.. and I did. Shogun was super nice to everyone and went out of his way to come take pics and sign shit for fans. The only fighters I'd really try to put an effort into getting an autograph from in a similar situation (like a public signing, weigh in or something similar) would be Fedor, Nogueira and Wanderlei. Those 4 guys (Shogun being the 4th) are solely responsible for my love of MMA, and I've looked up to them for a long time.

Hopefully one day I can get something similar signed by Fedor if he ever comes back to the East Coast of the US.. I'd never want to pay for something like that, it's only cool to me if I get it signed in person myself. Plus, Fedor autographs are like $100 on eBay for simple 8x10s!

Here's a few pics of the Shogun pic and a few other fight/music posters on one wall of my room. The Shogun/Chael poster is from the card I attended, the FS1 launch (which was an amazing card, despite the fact Shogun lost). I'd like to get a cheap black frame for that card's poster at some point. I need a new frame for the Shogun pic, because I accidentally got a 9x11 as opposed to 8x10, but never got around to getting a new one. Anyway, check it out:

Let's see what you guys got!

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Just wanted to add:

The pics above are of one wall in my bedroom at the place I've lived in for 9 years now.. since I was 16. The first thing I ever put up was the Greek flag. Slowly, one item at a time, things got filled up over the years until I ran out of wall space. None of it was planned, as far as placement or how I wanted things to look. It all just came together as I added more stuff and tried to fill the walls by fitting these things like a puzzle.

For a couple years now, I've lived here on my own, but I haven't put up anything like this in the rest of the house really. I've just left things the way they were when my parents were living here with me, as far as furniture, decoration and other shit. Not sure if I will stay here for a fair amount of years, or look to get a newer (cheaper) place sometime down the line.

Anyway, most of the posters and pics hung up are related to two things.. Music and fights. I've got a lot more on the other walls in my room. Fight wise, there's pics of guys like Helio, Wand, Anderson, Nogueira, Hendo, Mike Zambidis, Ali, Frazier, etc, either in action or a photo I just happen to like. Here's a quick pic I took recently of my book case, which sits in the corner near some of my records and other random shit. Thought maybe some fellow metal heads might dig.. Please, feel free to share pics of your room/collection area too, doesn't have to be just MMA stuff!

For most of the framed and printed fight pics I have (except for the Shogun pic, which is an actual print from eBay that I got a couple years ago), I'd simply save really high res photos that I found online over the years. Then, I go to CVS and make a print for $3 or less. Then I'd get a cheap frame, and all of sudden my wall would look a lot cooler... I really dig frames even for simple stuff, just looks way better than putting a poster up on the wall with some tacks.

One day, if I move into a new/better place, I'll probably have the display in my room a bit different/more "matured" I guess, since I'd have a fresh start in a new room and I'm now a lot older - with select stuff framed on the walls, and the rest of these things in a man cave/jam room type of area.

Before I end this super FRAT, a quick side note on two of pics/posters on the first wall that I posted:

The Misfits poster is a vintage original one that my high school history teacher got at a show back in the 80s. She was an awesome, crazy punk rock lesbian who loved old school hardcore and saw EVERY band in the early to mid 80s. She gave the poster to me, and an original Dead Kennedys one to my buddy, as gifts after we graduated from her class at the end of the year. I know there's some punk fans on here so I figured I'd share

Lastly, the framed photo of a man playing guitar above the keyboard is an amazing shot of Black Sabbath's Tony Iommi that a friend of mine took years ago, when they were playing in Boston. He made a print for me at his photo lab and it's one of my favorite live band shots ever. If I had to choose anything to get signed that I own, it'd definitely be that (I'm a bigger Misfits fan, but I already have a few signed records from meeting Danzig). I've gotta get a custom frame made for the Iommi pic, since it's a weird size. The cheap plastic one with extra space will do for now, haha. Here's a pic of the actual photo itself.. Always thought it was a great shot..

The Hands of Doom

-------------------------------------

Share anything you guys got! I love looking at people's collections and have seen some mind blowing, amazing shit on the UG. Again, you can share pics of any of your collection - whatever the fuck you might have, even if it's not all fight stuff. Just trying to get some cool and fun threads going on the site to keep things going. Looking forward to seeing what you guys have.

Peace

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Thanks man. I'm bored as fuck and we are snowed in from the blizzard right now, have been for most the week really... This is the kind of shit that happens when you have endless amount of time on your hands and cannot drive further than 5 to 10 mins away, haha.. Fucking Massachusetts.

I bet you have a pretty sweet thing or two from over the years. Also welcome to the board dude. Glad to see you on here.

Oh yea, you see that hat in the pic in my 2nd post? I got that shit from Krayzie Bone's store, Bone used to wear that same one in their first videos they did with Eazy E... Always loved that shit and wanted one. Figured if anyone would dig that you would haha

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I won a pair of official UFC gloves that Scott Jorgensen was giving away on his Twitch channel. I asked if he would sign them for me and he said he would. Took him about three months to send them and they weren't signed. That's the extent of my MMA memorabilia collection. An unsigned pair of official UFC gloves. lol

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Nice start you got going there Galanis. I got nothing really except a UFC 1poster and one I got from 182. I know its not looked upon highley as far as memorbilia but I'm going to try to get all the DREAM posters io in my little home gym, obviously reps unfortunately. Those original posters and PRIDE ones are the best things going for collectables IMO.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Not much of a memorabilia collector, probably the only thing close is the picture my son has in his bedroom of him and Matt Serra(his all time favorite fighter) taken at a small show years back. It would be cool for him if he could get it signed someday. Other than that I have a shit ton of early ufc ppv's recorded on the awesome format called VHS! At one point I was gonna transfer them to DVD because you couldn't buy many of them.....but from what I hear they are all on Fight Pass now. :sigh1:

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Does anyone know if Mark Coleman ended up selling his Pride Grand Prix trophy? I remember it being up for sale a year or two ago.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
my fight shorts from the last ever held ELITE XC/ShoXC show in which i was privileged to fight on ...comfy and Gota nice chunk of change for being a Human Billboard :) I was fortunate enogh to promote and attend first ELITE XC event Renzo vs Frank and the Legendary Carano vs Kedzie fight In Mississippi..was UNREAL times..Galanis got u some good stories from most of the ELITE XC events in which I attended/"worked" and i use that term loosely...

Attachments

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I want a PRIDE glove keychain but can't find them anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
ECC170;n9021 said:
my fight shorts from the last ever held ELITE XC/ShoXC show in which i was privileged to fight on ...comfy and Gota nice chunk of change for being a Human Billboard :) I was fortunate enogh to promote and attend first ELITE XC event Renzo vs Frank and the Legendary Carano vs Kedzie fight In Mississippi..was UNREAL times..Galanis got u some good stories from most of the ELITE XC events in which I attended/"worked" and i use that term loosely...
It's one thing to have memorabilia of random fight history, but it's slightly more Boss to have your own memorabilia from your own mma history.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Thank G...ive lost more memorbillia than i care to remember makes ne sad..had a signd pix with me,andy,both nogs and feijao its fot ruined by a dlood in my old man cave basement...my girl has a team jackso shirt signed by jbj cowboy guida kongvwatson timmy k and more..bubba sent it to het for xmas..ill get pic uploaded soon..oh and the natural born killer too

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I Wild Each It;9024 said:
I want a PRIDE glove keychain but can't find them anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had one but I lost it. They were pretty crappy quality, you weren't missing much. If I ever find it again, it's yours.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
SickEye;n9063 said:
I had one but I lost it. They were pretty crappy quality, you weren't missing much. If I ever find it again, it's yours.
Thanks brother, appreciate that. I look every so often on Ebay...never see any listed.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Dude G dont take this wrong way but i would have thought u were an older fella due to how mature you seem..then again when i was ur age i also was a seasoned mma fan but ur library of mma fights and books is frkn awesome...glad to see a true fan..btw speaking of danzig what u think when he got punched by that huge mecican lol...when u met him was he nice?..heard he could be a dick..but who hasnt...

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Galanis is wise way beyond his years. True treat to have him here.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Yep is he related to Alanice? Galanis morrisette hehe jk brudda

Captain America

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I've got some signed posters and gloves, a poster and program from each of the UFCs I've been to, a Lion Fights poster from the one I went to, a bunch of Round 5 dolls, a couple of badass Disciple Dojo pieces, and I think some other stuff I'm forgetting. Unfortunately, I now live in a tiny ass apartment, and have no room for any of it, so it's all in boxes for now :(

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Captain America;n9178 said:
Ok, I'm fucking retarded, why can't I add a photo?
I feel ya..i try ten things every time uploading shit n nvr remember how i done it...btw bout ur small Apt ordeal...make u a shadow box with couple of ur fav collectibles..itll be nice convo piece and show a lil of ur taste..then again if ur apt like one my first ones that was so small i hate to go outside just to change my mind I'd understand:p

Captain America

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Two things, firstly, it's that small! Second, my girlfriend and I moved to Santa Barbara, and moved in together. She got here two months before me, so she already had it all set up for her. What little space there is, is hers, haha!