Society What's your solution for this?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
White supremacists & "MAGA republicans" are tearing this country apart.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Woman Beheaded on California Street As Witnesses Watch in Horror

San Mateo Country sheriff’s deputies arrested Jose Landaeta Solano, 33, for allegedly separating an unidentified woman’s head from her body in San Carlos, California.

He is being held without bail in Maguire Correctional Facility while awaiting a Friday afternoon court appearance, according to the sheriff’s office.

“Deputies were flagged down in the area of Magnolia and Laurel in the city of San Carlos by witnesses reporting an assault in progress,” Sheriff Carlos Bolanos said in a statement. “Deputies arrived within minutes and located a female deceased.”

Solano returned to the scene and was detained by deputies, authorities said. Solano and the victim knew each other, deputies added, noting there was no continued threat to other members of the community.

Woman Beheaded on California Street As Witnesses Watch in Horror (resistthemainstream.org)

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Woman Beheaded on California Street As Witnesses Watch in Horror

San Mateo Country sheriff’s deputies arrested Jose Landaeta Solano, 33, for allegedly separating an unidentified woman’s head from her body in San Carlos, California.

He is being held without bail in Maguire Correctional Facility while awaiting a Friday afternoon court appearance, according to the sheriff’s office.

“Deputies were flagged down in the area of Magnolia and Laurel in the city of San Carlos by witnesses reporting an assault in progress,” Sheriff Carlos Bolanos said in a statement. “Deputies arrived within minutes and located a female deceased.”

Solano returned to the scene and was detained by deputies, authorities said. Solano and the victim knew each other, deputies added, noting there was no continued threat to other members of the community.

Woman Beheaded on California Street As Witnesses Watch in Horror (resistthemainstream.org)
Solution: Hold your head up high.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
If the crime warrants detention, you should be detained regardless of your income status.
Well if it's deemed obvious, I totally agree.
If a guy's on video running over a crowd, etc.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Well if it's deemed obvious, I totally agree.
If a guy's on video running over a crowd, etc.
the best thing a defendant can do is wait out and delay the trial. That's easy to do if you're sitting at home and can go to your job and earn for your family.

But only hardened criminals looking at long sentences can delay their day in court from jail.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
the best thing a defendant can do is wait out and delay the trial. That's easy to do if you're sitting at home and can go to your job and earn for your family.

But only hardened criminals looking at long sentences can delay their day in court from jail.
I guess I'm not following your point.
Being in both those circumstances personally I know better than most.

My position is regarding cash bail.
I agree cash shouldn't be a deciding factor alone, it's a racket.
However indefinite detention in a system founded on 'innocent until proven guilty' sure isn't right.
Each case is different and the system is the way it is by corruption top to bottom.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I guess I'm not following your point.
Being in both those circumstances personally I know better than most.

My position is regarding cash bail.
I agree cash shouldn't be a deciding factor alone, it's a racket.
However indefinite detention in a system founded on 'innocent until proven guilty' sure isn't right.
Each case is different and the system is the way it is by corruption top to bottom.
let's say that GM Steve gets picked up for his 2nd DUI in 12 months, blows .21
same night, Plumber Bob gets picked up for his 2nd DUI in 12 months, blows .21

both go before the judge, judge sets both bails at $50k.
Steve calls his wife and posts $5k, goes home, doesn't tell his employer...stays home and working until his day in court. Pushes it out, pleads down because the DA is sick of it being on his docket...Steve pays a fine, does a couple weekends in jail on work furlough.

Bob doesn't have $5k in his checking. Bob has to tell his boss he can't work for 2 weeks until he can get in front of the judge. Bob gets fired. Bob can't make his car payment, Bob can't find work because he has no transportation. Bob has to plead guilty and take the full rap just to keep from losing his house. Bob's got a felony on his record now and has to report it to every employer.

2 people charged with the same crime, given the same cash bail. The poor are punished worse than the wealthy.

Now imagine Bob is black and his bail is $100k.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Florida Teens Carjack, Sexually Assault Woman Repeatedly While Forcing Her To Withdraw Cash

1663534695854.png

POMPANO BEACH, Fla. – Detectives with the Broward Sheriff’s Office Special Victims Unit arrested an 18-year-old and a 16-year-old on charges that include sexual battery and kidnapping.

According to investigators around 9:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 14, Corey Jones and a 16-year-old male, committed armed kidnapping and sexual battery on an adult female by carjacking her at gunpoint.

Detectives said the two armed males approached the victim as she was returning home and forced her into the backseat of her car. The suspects drove her to an unknown location and sexually battered her multiple times. Then they drove her to a bank ATM and forced her to withdraw money from her account and sexually battered her again. The victim was able to get help when the suspects eventually forced her out of her car and fled in it.

On Thursday, Sept. 15, detectives located the victim’s vehicle in Pompano Beach and observed Jones in the driver’s seat. Jones attempted to flee but was swiftly taken into custody. In his attempt to evade deputies Jones dropped two phones; one of the recovered phones belonged to the victim.

On Friday, Sept. 16, detectives took the 16-year-old male into custody and transported him to the Juvenile Assessment Center for processing.

Florida Teens Carjack, Sexually Assault Woman Repeatedly While Forcing Her To Withdraw Cash, Deputies Say - Breaking911