Society What's your solution for this?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
They're out of the classroom and the kid doesn't have his Nintendo. It stands to reason that it's probably locked up somewhere.
I was under the impression that she was taking it to a place, probably a locker for the day.
The "kid's" actions are inexcusable and thankfully the court agrees.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
just because we disagree with someone does not mean they deserve to be beaten, or sent to a work camp and beaten.
It's disingenuous for the people that cheered Kyle Rittenhouse to now act appalled that actions have potentially violent consequences. That kid should have been soccer kicked, not grappled with.

As someone who's trained, both armed and unarmed combat, it absolutely astounds me how frequently people are willing to fight over the dumbest shit having no idea what they're getting themselves into. Some of the posts in this thread are senseless acts of random violence, others are 2 people choosing to tango and one ending up on a lopsided bad end.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
It's disingenuous for the people that cheered Kyle Rittenhouse to now act appalled that actions have potentially violent consequences. That kid should have been soccer kicked, not grappled with.
What an absolute farce of a comparison. Defending yourself against multiple attackers including someone armed with a weapon and attacking helpless older ladies and or killing a mom in front of her baby are not even remotely connected.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
What an absolute farce of a comparison. Defending yourself against multiple attackers including someone armed with a weapon and attacking helpless older ladies and or killing a mom in front of her baby are not even remotely connected.
I've stated multiple times that I do not condone the violent behavior. If you're going to continually ignore that fact, there's frankly no discussion to be had on the subject.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
I've stated multiple times that I do not condone the violent behavior. If you're going to continually ignore that fact, there's frankly no discussion to be had on the subject.
Taking someone’s Nintendo in class is not “playing” stupid games, winning stupid prizes. You’re once again trying play both sides.
“I don’t condone violence. “
But taking a Nintendo is totally equivalent to being at a riot and defending yourself…..”

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Taking someone’s Nintendo in class is not “playing” stupid games, winning stupid prizes.
Not giving it back at the end of class absolutely is.

But taking a Nintendo is totally equivalent to being at a riot and defending yourself…..”
You say that as if I have a problem with people defending themselves. I have a problem with people being cool with violence when it suits their political ideologies and being opposed to it when it doesn't.

“I don’t condone violence. “
I don't.

Someone making you mad is no reason to assault, or murder, them. However, if I dump a drink on your head, I won't play the victim if you decide to escalate to violence. We're a society of people who don't understand violence. It's why you see people stand their ground over absolutely retarded shit, and other people willing to shoot someone over a parking spot or some other dumb shit. We've completely lost the ability to recognize that we're responsible for our actions.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Poso and Maj Toure aren't "cool" with eachother so I'm sure that's why Poso went at him with that tweet...
That would make sense. Jack is usually pretty on point but I was like "Thinking most people in your city aren't shit heads, and being pissed your car got stolen aren't contradictory."