What's your take on Holly Holm

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Nice article Juice @Juice. Holly is definitely an enigma. Tons of hype, and so far very underwhelming. Seems hesitant to exchange, and hasn't shown a killer instinct. I hope she can continue progress as she gets more comfortable in the octagon.

Juice

Jul 2, 2015
Nice article Juice @Juice. Holly is definitely an enigma. Tons of hype, and so far very underwhelming. Seems hesitant to exchange, and hasn't shown a killer instinct. I hope she can continue progress as she gets more comfortable in the octagon.
Thanks for the read. Yeah that basically encapsulates everything I feel about her, but even with her flaws, it's still not crazy to imagine her beating most girls in the division.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I think her range and footwork could give Ronda issues but she doesn't seem to punch very hard and Ronda could just bullrush through it.

Juice

Jul 2, 2015
I think her range and footwork could give Ronda issues but she doesn't seem to punch very hard and Ronda could just bullrush through it.
At this point, yes. Holm just seems interesting to me because she seems to be the only one confident & capable enough to throw kicks at her.

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Holm is a patterned fighter who throws the same patterns over and over again even if it's just throwing them in the air and has the ability to run from her opponent should the clinch be threatened on her.

She seems terrified of being in the pocket where she could only use her hands and not put her kicks into the combos.

Rhonda would bullrush, clinch, takedown, and submit.

Bad idea for Holm to face Rousey right now.

She really let me down. She was boring and awful. My boys told me to watch her. I was unimpressed.

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
I haven't watched her latest fight yet but if it's like her first fight in the UFC then I would say Holm isn't aggressive enough. Being defensive based works very well in boxing just look at Floyd but in mma where an opponent can just chase you down, clinch and take you down I think more offense is needed to keep an opponent thinking twice about coming forward. I get the impression Holm is just getting her feet wet and it's debatable whether she will ever be a top contender in the division.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
If she can learn TDD like Cro Cop did and get more aggressive in her strikes she can be just fine. I don't see her ever reaching the point to threaten Ronda at any time in her career though. If the TDD cant be heavily relied on she better get some serious BJJ defense and be able to pop up like Liddel once taken down or she won't go far.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
I think her talent is huge but she has yet to really let go, but once she does it could be amazing. She def still seems nervous.

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
I think her talent is huge but she has yet to really let go, but once she does it could be amazing. She def still seems nervous.
After her first fight in the UFC she admitted she was nervous and didn't want to lose in her debut because of all the hype surrounding her before and after she was signed. Like I said, I haven't watched her last fight yet but from what everyone is saying she still looks hesitant. She really needs to let it loose like you said. If she takes a loss because she was taking chances and being aggressive so be it.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
After her first fight in the UFC she admitted she was nervous and didn't want to lose in her debut because of all the hype surrounding her before and after she was signed. Like I said, I haven't watched her last fight yet but from what everyone is saying she still looks hesitant. She really needs to let it loose like you said. If she takes a loss because she was taking chances and being aggressive so be it.
Agreed. I still feel she is too scared to lose and she needs to let that go. Her talent is huge you can see it but her hesitation keeps her from really shining. That last fight those karate kicks all night were killing me lol but she did catch her at the end and air her out a bit. Either way let her blossom and grow and let's see what happens. Her next fight should be against Sara Mcmann IMO.

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
Agreed. I still feel she is too scared to lose and she needs to let that go. Her talent is huge you can see it but her hesitation keeps her from really shining. That last fight those karate kicks all night were killing me lol but she did catch her at the end and air her out a bit. Either way let her blossom and grow and let's see what happens. Her next fight should be against Sara Mcmann IMO.
Sara McMann...we'll see how she handles being on the ground and on her back. I think that's a real bad match up for Holm. Maybe she should start off with Carmouche who isn't a real threat when they are standing but is still going to be looking for a take down.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Sara McMann...we'll see how she handles being on the ground and on her back. I think that's a real bad match up for Holm. Maybe she should start off with Carmouche who isn't a real threat when they are standing but is still going to be looking for a take down.
Good point. Just want to see her thrown to the wolves a bit to see how she does so she can either be a contender or not. The 135 division is boring as fuck with Ronda as champ and no challengers.

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
Good point. Just want to see her thrown to the wolves a bit to see how she does so she can either be a contender or not. The 135 division is boring as fuck with Ronda as champ and no challengers.
I agree. The division needs more legit challengers that can match up with Ronda. It's going to take a well rounded fighter that is comfortable everywhere in the octagon. I thought that fighter was McMann and it still could be but McMann needs to get back to what she does best and that's smother other fighters with her wrestling and get some quality wins. If I have to see another Tate/Ronda fight I'm going to shoot myself in the face.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Holly isn't an exciting fighter and with each fight she will get better, not sure she will get more exciting but I think she will rise to the top just won't be on the top

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
In the third round, you could see her start to open up. She isn't going to be a finish machine, but she is very talented and is great and managing space.

Juice

Jul 2, 2015
In the third round, you could see her start to open up. She isn't going to be a finish machine, but she is very talented and is great and managing space.
Yeah, that was the 1 saving grace I saw in that fight.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk