Sports When Charging The Mound Backfires

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

I thought Harper got the better of that fight with Strickland. Both landed but Harper landed better imo. Also, even though it's easy not to like Bryce Harper, Strickland was the asshole in that encounter.

I remember watching the Nolan Ryan-Robin Ventura encounter the morning after it happened. I couldn't have been older than 11 or 12.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
I thought Harper got the better of that fight with Strickland. Both landed but Harper landed better imo. Also, even though it's easy not to like Bryce Harper, Strickland was the asshole in that encounter.

I remember watching the Nolan Ryan-Robin Ventura encounter the morning after it happened. I couldn't have been older than 11 or 12.
I'm gonna charge your mound.

M

member 3289

Should just let them fight instead of starting a gay pile on every time.

The hat throwing first is also hilarious.
The unwritten rules and code are hilarious.

If a team targets a guy and beams him, the opposing team's pitcher is required to beam someone on the offending team, preferably the pitcher if it's the National League (in which the pitcher has to bat).

Sometimes people are beamed on accident but this rarely results in a fight. Most fights are the result of intentional beamings, which are often carried out as a result of a violation of one of the many unwritten rules (bat flipping after a HR, admiring a HR for too long, and the list goes on).

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
The unwritten rules and code are hilarious.

If a team targets a guy and beams him, the opposing team's pitcher is required to beam someone on the offending team, preferably the pitcher if it's the National League (in which the pitcher has to bat).

Sometimes people are beamed on accident but this rarely results in a fight. Most fights are the result of intentional beamings, which are often carried out as a result of a violation of one of the many unwritten rules (bat flipping after a HR, admiring a HR for too long, and the list goes on).
Hahah, I love it, like a bunch of kids, explains the pile ons when the mound gets charged, starting the fight is a team effort.

Beam is throwing the ball straight at the batter I take it.

Why is bat flipping a beamable offence?

Its a funny game baseball, I know sweet fuck all about it, it is still good to watch sometimes.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I knew this was Ryan/Venture before I even opened the thread. Talk about embarrassing for Ventura. Fuck the ole Texas bull and you get the horns.

M

member 3289

Hahah, I love it, like a bunch of kids, explains the pile ons when the mound gets charged, starting the fight is a team effort.

Beam is throwing the ball straight at the batter I take it.

Why is bat flipping a beamable offence?

Its a funny game baseball, I know sweet fuck all about it, it is still good to watch sometimes.
Yes beam is hitting the batter with the ball.

Flipping your bat after a HR is viewed as arrogant and disrespectful. You're supposed to put your head down and run around the bases.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
BenAskrensStrikingcoach @Suicidalforlife this cunt was hated by everyone except fuck boy Blue Jays fans like @Lars and Sex Chicken @Sex Chicken

When one team's bench clears the other team is required (unofficially) to run out onto the field as well. Well this pussy flips his bat and is responsible for both benches clearing, but he ends up being the first person to leave the field

View: https://youtu.be/V2wG0Piul_E
Seems like a disrespectful move alright, hard to tell what the fuck is going on there, he tried to start a scrap and then bitched out and left his team mates behind seems to be the gist of it.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Yes beam is hitting the batter with the ball.

Flipping your bat after a HR is viewed as arrogant and disrespectful. You're supposed to put your head down and run around the bases.
I will add that you also have to run the bases at a decent speed if you do it slowly it is also disrespect although fat asses are given a pass like mo Vaughn

M

member 3289

Seems like a disrespectful move alright, hard to tell what the fuck is going on there, he tried to start a scrap and then bitched out and left his team mates behind seems to be the gist of it.
Like I said he was pretty much universally despised. Fortunately he got what was coming to him when he tried to hard slide and break up a double play.

The guy he started shit with here is from one of the poorest areas of Venezuela. Wrong guy to start a fight with lol

View: https://youtu.be/tsl5KcQ0lEg

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
Like I said he was pretty much universally despised. Fortunately he got what was coming to him when he tried to hard slide and break up a double play.

The guy he started shit with here is from one of the poorest areas of Venezuela. Wrong guy to start a fight with lol

View: https://youtu.be/tsl5KcQ0lEg
Hahah serves him right the cunt, could have fucked up Odor with that slide.

He threw a nice right hand there, Bautista looked fairly rattled after it too.

RussfromNH

Live Free or Die
Dec 12, 2018
Other than ejection from the game are there any "fines" or league punishments/suspensions for fighting in baseball?