General When did White Supremacy become White Nationalism?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Toelocku

*I Know What I Know if you Know What I Mean*
Dec 15, 2018
Would any white nationalists (formerly known as supremacists) on here be able to explain how this branding exercise was so successful?

You never see any headlines about white supremacists any more, only white nationalists. And these are written by people who obviously oppose white supremacy. There is no distinction between the two - obviously you have to be a white supremacist to be a white nationalist - so how did people get sucked into thinking there is?

Pretty impressive re-branding. It would be like if rapists successfully lobbied to have the media refer to them only as 'Famous Irish sports stars'.
It's the scum media that championed the "white nationalist" moniker for its double speak...its now used to conflate being white and a nationalist with being a legit white supremacist and you fell for it op

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
It's the scum media that championed the "white nationalist" moniker for its double speak...its now used to conflate being white and a nationalist with being a legit white supremacist and you fell for it op
white nationalists = white supremacists OR white people who don't agree with the "Progressive" agenda.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Would any white nationalists (formerly known as supremacists) on here be able to explain how this branding exercise was so successful?

You never see any headlines about white supremacists any more, only white nationalists. And these are written by people who obviously oppose white supremacy. There is no distinction between the two - obviously you have to be a white supremacist to be a white nationalist - so how did people get sucked into thinking there is?

Pretty impressive re-branding. It would be like if rapists successfully lobbied to have the media refer to them only as 'Famous Irish sports stars'.
How was their rebranding "successful"? It's not like the media is reporting on those groups of charitable white nationalists.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
How was their rebranding "successful"? It's not like the media is reporting on those groups of charitable white nationalists.
he's using a circular argument, assuming that everyone labeled a white nationalist is also a white supremacist.

Vitor29

Oct 24, 2015
Funny thing is according to the media we're being overrun by white supremacists/nationalists.
I mistakenly used to think that I've never met one of these people because, at least in my understanding, they were dudes who ran around wearing white sheets or swastikas. Boy, was I ever wrong.

I come to find out that I've met MANY of these people and that I am one also! The media informed me that the qualities needed to be a white supremacist/nationalist are as follows:

1. Be white
2. Be anything right of far left
3. If you are not white but #2 applies, ignore rule one, you are a white supremacist despite not being white

M

member 3289

Funny thing is according to the media we're being overrun by white supremacists/nationalists.
I mistakenly used to think that I've never met one of these people because, at least in my understanding, they were dudes who ran around wearing white sheets or swastikas. Boy, was I ever wrong.

I come to find out that I've met MANY of these people and that I am one also! The media informed me that the qualities needed to be a white supremacist/nationalist are as follows:

1. Be white
2. Be anything right of far left
3. If you are not white but #2 applies, ignore rule one, you are a white supremacist despite not being white
When will white people catch a break???

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
he's using a circular argument, assuming that everyone labeled a white nationalist is also a white supremacist.
If you follow the concept of white nationalism to its logical conclusion, it is white supremacism. The only people I can see being duped by the rebrand are old people who get all their news from Facebook. Because they think "Well, I'm white and I'm love my country. Therefore I'm a white nationalist." Mind you these are the same people who think Alt-right isn't a rebrand of the Neo Nazi movement.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
If you follow the concept of white nationalism to its logical conclusion, it is white supremacism. The only people I can see being duped by the rebrand are old people who get all their news from Facebook. Because they think "Well, I'm white and I'm love my country. Therefore I'm a white nationalist." Mind you these are the same people who think Alt-right isn't a rebrand of the Neo Nazi movement.
all of the white supremacists are white nationalists, IMO. But I think that popular progressive media is intentionally smearing conservatives with the 'white nationalist' brush, implying that all opposition to them is rooted in racism.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
all of the white supremacists are white nationalists, IMO. But I think that popular progressive media is intentionally smearing conservatives with the 'white nationalist' brush, implying that all opposition to them is rooted in racism.
Maybe conservatives should get their shit together. Even the term "conservative" is problematic. Somewhere along the way progressives lost their minds and conservatives just followed suit.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Maybe conservatives should get their shit together. Even the term "conservative" is problematic. Somewhere along the way progressives lost their minds and conservatives just followed suit.
elections are for people worried about how the petty tyrant will look. Pervasive media has made identity politics the status quo, and the electoral system is designed to keep the same basic interests in power. I don't expect much to change.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I'm not a white surpremacist, I just want an ethno-state exclusively for white people and will commit ethnic cleansing to achieve it. What? Can't a guy just want to be with his people anymore? What happened to civil discussion these days?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I'm not a white surpremacist, I just want an ethno-state exclusively for white people and will commit ethnic cleansing to achieve it. What? Can't a guy just want to be with his people anymore? What happened to civil discussion these days?
I didn't know you worked for the UN.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
elections are for people worried about how the petty tyrant will look. Pervasive media has made identity politics the status quo, and the electoral system is designed to keep the same basic interests in power. I don't expect much to change.
So does that mean that you to noticed while Trump has rolled back clean water protections and strip mining regulations the party running with the "green" new deal has been more worried about an impeachment regarding some nonsense in the Ukraine?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
So does that mean that you to noticed while Trump has rolled back clean water protections and strip mining regulations the party running with the "green" new deal has been more worried about an impeachment regarding some nonsense in the Ukraine?
you can only fit so much outrage in to a sound bite. That's the game God-Emperor Cheetoh Tiny-Hands is playing.

the Dems are too busy chasing the latest outrage to focus attention on the truly egregious acts.

EDIT- but that's because they're more concerned about winning the election and selling that influence to their sycophants. The people running the RNC and DNC are the same people - some say literally, but I think it's more figurative.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
You give this monolithic 'media' far too much credit. The reason the dipshits are doing it is because they always let others define the terms, not because it is some conspiracy.

There are instances where people are unfairly labeled as white nationalists. But I'm talking about referring to actual white supremacists as white nationalists. The 'media' didn't start that - it was a deliberate branding strategy by the white supremacists themselves and the media just went along with it.