Lifestyle Where should I go on vacation?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Hard to tell you where to go with no details. Do you like tropical locations? Are you budget conscious? Do you like hot weather? Do you care about language barriers?
Like Tom Segura said, I can tell you where not to go. Anywhere they film A&E's First 48.

BJTT_Kiwi

My member is more well known than yours
Jun 25, 2015
Paging Galt... or whatever the fuck it is that you are called now.

Paging Som Pong!!!

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
4 weeks vacation coming up in a few weeks... no trip planned other than the mind-trip of adjusting to becoming a father and caring for a new born.

I assume I will be to tired for it too be an issue as I worry it might be now... but a month off and no trip planned. Shit, I best have a few projects lined up around the house. I have some big landscaping plans for this summer but assume our Canadian ground will be a bit too cold/stiff to do any major digging in late March / early April.

*Edited for spelling error.

Last edited:

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
4 weeks vacation coming up in a few weeks... no trip planned other than the mind-trip of adjusting to becoming a father and caring for a new born.

I assume I will be to tired for it to be an issue as I worry it might be now... but a month off and no trip planned. Shit, I best have a few projects lined up around the house. I have some big landscaping plans for this summer but assume our Canadian ground will be a bit too cold/stiff to do any major digging in late March / early April.
Start your 4 weeks as the parasite that’s been feeding off your wife for the last 9 months is extracted from her body.

That parasite will immediately destroy your life and any casual, plus some long term, relationships that you previously thought you held dear.

The fucked up thing is that you’ll accept that loss without question and love that crazy fucking parasite more than you had ever dreamed it was possible to love any living thing before it showed up in your life.

I can’t explain the change that came over me when Rex was born. It was as if everything I had accomplished to that point was meaningless. From there onward, that screaming, sleep stealing, puking, continuously excrementing, defenceless pile of skin and bones, safety, health and happiness were the only thing that mattered in my life.

Shit will suck. Things will go badly. But deep down you just won’t fucking care because your spawn is now and forever, more important than anything else will ever be.

Enjoy your 4 weeks bro.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

I assume I will be to tired for it to be an issue as I worry it might be now... but a month off and no trip planned. Shit, I best have a few projects lined up around the house. I have some big landscaping plans for this summer but assume our Canadian ground will be a bit too cold/stiff to do any major digging in late March / early April.
awesome to hear man
enjoy

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Start your 4 weeks as the parasite that’s been feeding off your wife for the last 9 months is extracted from her body.

That parasite will immediately destroy your life and any casual, plus some long term, relationships that you previously thought you held dear.

The fucked up thing is that you’ll accept that loss without question and love that crazy fucking parasite more than you had ever dreamed it was possible to love any living thing before it showed up in your life.

I can’t explain the change that came over me when Rex was born. It was as if everything I had accomplished to that point was meaningless. From there onward, that screaming, sleep stealing, puking, continuously excrementing, defenceless pile of skin and bones, safety, health and happiness were the only thing that mattered in my life.

Shit will suck. Things will go badly. But deep down you just won’t fucking care because your spawn is now and forever, more important than anything else will ever be.

Enjoy your 4 weeks bro.
Thanks for the pep talk ;)

It is long over due, we are the only ones of our friend group without children so I dont think it will kill any relationships, if anything, it will strengthen the relationships between me and my couple best friends who also recently became fathers over the last couple years. We have been that couple without any kids and money to burn. Now we join the family units for the family camping trips and so on. I look forward to it, I think it will improve some relationships in my life.

I have 4 weeks off starting on the birth date. Another 3 weeks off for 2019 vacation time and then am seriously thinking of doing the extended parental leave available in BC so that I can do 6-8 months off after her 10-12 months off with a month of overlap to have off together. If so, I will have the first half of 2020 off. I have never been off work for that long since I was 16. Still nervous about committing to it even though my work holds my position, I still accrue my holiday hours, seniority and yada yada. It will take some budgeting but one doesn't get the opportunity often to enjoy that much time off and care for a child with benefits.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Thanks for the pep talk ;)

It is long over due, we are the only ones of our friend group without children so I dont think it will kill any relationships, if anything, it will strengthen the relationships between me and my couple best friends who also recently became fathers over the last couple years. We have been that couple without any kids and money to burn. Now we join the family units for the family camping trips and so on. I look forward to it, I think it will improve some relationships in my life.

I have 4 weeks off starting on the birth date. Another 3 weeks off for 2019 vacation time and then am seriously thinking of doing the extended parental leave available in BC so that I can do 6-8 months off after her 10-12 months off with a month of overlap to have off together. If so, I will have the first half of 2020 off. I have never been off work for that long since I was 16. Still nervous about committing to it even though my work holds my position, I still accrue my holiday hours, seniority and yada yada. It will take some budgeting but one doesn't the opportunity often to enjoy that much time off with benefits.
It’s nice to have the option. I would wait and see how things go. You (and your wife) may enjoy going to work as a break from home.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
It’s nice to have the option. I would wait and see how things go. You (and your wife) may enjoy going to work as a break from home.
She is already set on the idea she wants to return to work within a year. I like the idea of playing mr. dad for 6 months at about 40% my pay. A lack of day-care for infants is an issue in BC, we are severely lacking in childcare seats. This could play in impact in our decision. But yes, this is all being bright eyed and bushy tailed pre fatherhood.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015

I assume I will be to tired for it too be an issue as I worry it might be now... but a month off and no trip planned. Shit, I best have a few projects lined up around the house. I have some big landscaping plans for this summer but assume our Canadian ground will be a bit too cold/stiff to do any major digging in late March / early April.

*Edited for spelling error.
Congrats bro, I am sure you and your husband will be great parents.