Where's the goddam Santas!!!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
This is a fair criticism.

Still working a ridiculous shift. Leaving myself a reminder to work on this ASAP.

We'll see if lookoutawhale @lookoutawhale is feeling creative or he is busy this time of the year.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
This is a fair criticism.

Still working a ridiculous shift. Leaving myself a reminder to work on this ASAP.

We'll see if lookoutawhale @lookoutawhale is feeling creative or he is busy this time of the year.
I was mostly just surprised not to see this place all decked out, but you guys are all awesome. If you're too busy with real life don't sweat it.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
k Splinty @STANDWITHRAND I made the christmas background. Its a little different. Its a GIF and its animated so the christmas lights switch colours. The snowman is in a fightpost, with a tito ortiz team punishment toque. Candy cane logo, old wreath logo, bells, christmas trees, snow on the ground so it looks like the top of the forum

Also the vignette is white instead of the usual black. because black looked really off with the christmas tone. So can you change the current black background colour, white for this background?

This is how it should look for desktop with the forum

let me know if any problems arise.

ill do the smaller ones tomorrow when i get some time.

Last edited:

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
k Splinty @STANDWITHRAND I made the christmas background. Its a little different. Its a GIF and its animated so the christmas lights switch colours. The snowman is in a fightpost, with a tito ortiz team punishment toque. Candy cane logo, old wreath logo, bells, christmas trees, snow on the ground so it looks like the top of the forum

Also the vignette is white instead of the usual black. because black looked really off with the christmas tone. So can you change the current black background colour, white for this background?

This is how it should look for desktop with the forum

let me know if any problems arise.

ill do the smaller ones tomorrow when i get some time.
Absolutely tremendous.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
k here we go. all the sizes. hopefully the gifs work well on the cell and people can see the lights change. also made the gloves smaller on the narrow because the default gloves seems kinda big. Cropped the edges this time at the responsive max to save file size and quicker load up than the normal sizes.

Narrow

Mobile

Medium

Desktop

Splinty @STANDWITHRAND let me know if something needs to be changed or anything.

Last edited:

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
thanks bud!

yeah that sounds good. :cool:

Hey man, started to put things in place but the 1.5MB gif is just too much. Really slows load time. Not only do I worry about that for new users that don't know us, but it will affect google.

I can obviously redo this as an optimized jpg, but could I trouble you to drop them out of your original PSD as a jpg instead?
The flashing is awesome, but file size then is 5-8 times as large as normal.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Hey man, started to put things in place but the 1.5MB gif is just too much. Really slows load time. Not only do I worry about that for new users that don't know us, but it will affect google.

I can obviously redo this as an optimized jpg, but could I trouble you to drop them out of your original PSD as a jpg instead?
The flashing is awesome, but file size then is 5-8 times as large as normal.
yup sure ill make them as jpegs.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Splinty @STANDWITHRAND here are the jpegs.

It seems the desktop one was hogging the most size. The narrow one seems quite similar size wise to the gif. 20kb difference. not sure if you want to go animated there or jpeg. its your call.

here we go:

narrow

mobile

medium

Desktop

Last edited:

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
lookoutawhale @lookoutawhale

I put things in place but I think the white background is very bright.

What do you think of taking that blye you used and filling the white fade blue instead?
If you can give me the hex or RGB for the blue you use, I'll make the background that color to make it infinite.

Click bottom left where it says 2015 and switch to the other theme to see the white on desktop.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
lookoutawhale @lookoutawhale

I put things in place but I think the white background is very bright.

What do you think of taking that blye you used and filling the white fade blue instead?
If you can give me the hex or RGB for the blue you use, I'll make the background that color to make it infinite.

Click bottom left where it says 2015 and switch to the other theme to see the white on desktop.
yeah that is pretty bright.

k heres a blue version then.

R - 23
G - 139
B - 170

and a black version if the blue turns out poorly and you think this works better.

let me know what colour you like and ill change the other sizes to that colour.