General Which chhainsaw should i buy?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
My friend wanted to buy a new chainsaw. He's rich I told him to buy the battery operated Stihl. He's scared of the powah.
My son has a battery powered chainsaw. For the right price I'd be willing to part with it.
Rich, you say?

Screenshot_20210115-151336_Photos.jpg

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Looking to pickup a new chainsaw. Also want to get an Alaskan sawmill so I can cut some slabs.

I'm looking at either the Husqavarna 572xp or the Stihl 462

They're comparable in size and power. The husky can handle up to a 28" bar (recommended) whereas the stihl can accommodate a 32" bar. I don't see myself needing anything that big anytime soon.

I can get the Husky for $1000 and the Stihl for $1400
Get the Stihl.

Rock solid machine.

Buddy has the 662 and we use it all the damned time to cut slabs. Never had an issue with it in 4 years.

Plus... The ability to use a bigger bar and mill becomes a necessity faster than you imagine. Sometimes it's just because of how a crotch is sitting and you really have to get silly creative and risk ruining the slab over 1 more inch of flexibility for an angle.

(Ps. Your damned Canadian conversion about made me shit my pants at your pricing).

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Get the Stihl.

Rock solid machine.

Buddy has the 662 and we use it all the damned time to cut slabs. Never had an issue with it in 4 years.

Plus... The ability to use a bigger bar and mill becomes a necessity faster than you imagine. Sometimes it's just because of how a crotch is sitting and you really have to get silly creative and risk ruining the slab over 1 more inch of flexibility for an angle.

(Ps. Your damned Canadian conversion about made me shit my pants at your pricing).
See ShatsBassoon @ShatsBassoon ? and he's like the smarterest guy on the site.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I did a chainsaw fart the other day that was so good it scratched my butthole for me

M

member 1013

Get the Stihl.

Rock solid machine.

Yo bruv you ever carpent?

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Get the Stihl.

Rock solid machine.

You can put a larger bar on the husky, 28" just the recommended. The more chain you're pulling the harder it is on the saw. There's no way I'll be sawing anything close to 30" I simply don't have the space.
I'd buy the stihl in a heartbeat I'm just having a hard time justifying that extra $400