General Which chhainsaw should i buy?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Looking to pickup a new chainsaw. Also want to get an Alaskan sawmill so I can cut some slabs.

I'm looking at either the Husqavarna 572xp or the Stihl 462

They're comparable in size and power. The husky can handle up to a 28" bar (recommended) whereas the stihl can accommodate a 32" bar. I don't see myself needing anything that big anytime soon.

I can get the Husky for $1000 and the Stihl for $1400

M

member 1013

They’re both great names but you should get one that takes a 36” bar and only use that size bar like a man!!

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Honestly you will get the exact same results from either saw, or at least so similar that I would buy the husqvarna. A bit heavier but more cost efficient.
That's what I'm leaning. I just read a review comparing the 2 saws and husqavarnas new chisel chain settled the debate
Review and Test of the New MS 462 Chainsaw | Forestry.com
When testing both these new chainsaws, we can not help comparing them. The discussion with Lars-Erik cooks down to that:

“- If it wasn’t for the C85 saw chain I would go for the MS 462.”
Lars-Erik thinks both chainsaws are comparable when it comes to rage and power. MS 462 is lighter and he feels this when working with the saws. 572XP, however, works very well with Husqvarna C85, the new 3/8 chisel saw chain.

We also notice this when doing cookie cutting in the same aspen log. Husqvarna 572XP with C85 saw chain do the best cut around 2,2 seconds. Stihl MS 462 cuts in about 3 seconds.

M

member 1013

That's what I'm leaning. I just read a review comparing the 2 saws and husqavarnas new chisel chain settled the debate
Review and Test of the New MS 462 Chainsaw | Forestry.com
When testing both these new chainsaws, we can not help comparing them. The discussion with Lars-Erik cooks down to that:

Lars-Erik thinks both chainsaws are comparable when it comes to rage and power. MS 462 is lighter and he feels this when working with the saws. 572XP, however, works very well with Husqvarna C85, the new 3/8 chisel saw chain.

We also notice this when doing cookie cutting in the same aspen log. Husqvarna 572XP with C85 saw chain do the best cut around 2,2 seconds. Stihl MS 462 cuts in about 3 seconds.
Idk, I wouldn’t trust a guy with the name Lars

T

The Big Guy

Go with the husq

They are the superior of the two

I have two stihls chainsaws. I got a full size and the little mini 18" I also have a stihl gas polesaw. But my husq is where it's at. It has a better weight and that fucker loves to start. Brand new stihls with fresh gas and treated properly will still fuck off sometimes when cold

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Looking to pickup a new chainsaw. Also want to get an Alaskan sawmill so I can cut some slabs.

I'm looking at either the Husqavarna 572xp or the Stihl 462

They're comparable in size and power. The husky can handle up to a 28" bar (recommended) whereas the stihl can accommodate a 32" bar. I don't see myself needing anything that big anytime soon.

I can get the Husky for $1000 and the Stihl for $1400
I don't know a lot about chainsaws, but I know the answer is always Stihl.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Can’t go wrong with either of those brands. I prefer Stihl, my brother likes Husqvarna. One of his is the Husqvarna with the big bar. It’s a back breaking sonofabitch. I would suggest you don’t buy one bigger than you will need.

T

The Big Guy

You’re a manly man, you only use a 36 inch bar right?
Depends if I'm in the tree or on the ground. When it comes to stihl it's usually which one will start

I'm not ashamed of my 1k mini stihl when I gotta climb up that tree and need to maneuver

M

member 1013

Can’t go wrong with either of those brands. I prefer Stihl, my brother likes Husqvarna. One of his is the Husqvarna with the big bar. It’s a back breaking sonofabitch. I would suggest you don’t buy one bigger than you will need.
:(

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
We've all seen your "stihl"

View attachment 25111

Stihls are great saws, I have a couple MS271 one at home for firewood and one on site.
Joke all you want, but maintenance costs are extremely low on that model. Granted, that model requires quite a bit of muscle and testosterone to operate so I expect myself and Sex Chicken @Sex Chicken are probably the ones who can use one.

M

member 1013

Joke all you want, but maintenance costs are extremely low on that model. Granted, that model requires quite a bit of muscle and testosterone to operate so I expect myself and Sex Chicken @Sex Chicken are probably the ones who can use one.
Excuse me

I only swing a 36” bar

What’s that, you don’t “swing” a chain saw?

Me and @Bones Nose do