Which comics do you read?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

hit4me4

Given out tokes like it ain't no thing
Oct 24, 2015
This may have been posted, if so forgive me. But, I know there are a lot of comic fans here and I never know who has what taste, etc.
Anyway, here's what my pull list is:

All-New Hawkeye - Never thought it would be one of my favorite books as I have never been a big fan of Hawkeye....but here I am, reading Hawkeye.
Blood Feud - Haven't started to read yet
Creepy/Eerie - I like horror books
Deadpool - I like the guy because he doesn't have a superhero mindset. Are you a bad guy who kills people? You die.
Harrow County - I've met the writer, he's cool. Book is Tales From the Cryptish. Looking forward to seeing where they go with the new arc.
Haunted Horror - I love old horror books. This book reprints some of the best stories from the 50's.
Hip Hop Family Tree - Not for everyone, but I dig it. History of rap music
Howard the Duck
Jacked - Kinda seen the idea of guy takes pill-gets super powers done to the max, but I like this take.
Lucifer - Haven't read it, but have heard good things.
Minimum Wage - One of my favorites, hoping it comes back. Sounded like lack of sales may get it cancelled.
Outcast - Good book, but I can't believe this is going to be turned in to a show before so many other good books.
Sex - I read the first three issues, it's ok. They are now on issue 27....I'm not sure why I still buy it
Sex Criminals - Love the book though it got slow for a few issues. I'm really interested to see how they turn it in to a tv show.
Spiderman/Deadpool
Star Wars - I read it because I like Star Wars, not because I think it's good. It's kind of disappointing...
Stray Bullets - I'm glad it's back, I still wonder who is in the trunk. Fuck Spanish Scott.
Survivors Club - I don't even know what the hell is going on, and I like it.
The Walking Dead - It finally picked up since the jump forward
Unfollow - One of the made up people in the book is from the neighborhood over from mine which was strange the first time I read it.

So what do you read? Anything good that I should be reading based on my list?

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Outcast is a Kirkman book that's why it's becoming a show before others. I read the first trade and enjoyed it quite a bit despite not really liking Kirkman. I'm reading through the first compendium of Invincible and liking that too.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Okay, here it is. I'm not going to talk about every book but feel free to ask me about them.

Archie
Ragnarok
- A great traditional Thor story written and drawn by the man himself Walt Simonson.
Revolution

DC/Veritgo

Black Canary
Dark Knight III
Doctor Fate
Green Lantern Corps: Edge of Oblivion
Justice League
- Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok are killing this book with the Darkseid War event. A shame they're leaving the book after.
Poison Ivy: Cycle of Life and Death - Mostly bought this for the Clay Mann art. Great artist but he seems to have been on a streak of poor selling books. Glad to see he's signed exclusively with DC.
The Flash - Not really reading this one but I need the Flash on my pull list. Can't bring myself to drop it. He's my favourite superhero.
Sheriff of Babylon

Marvel
Captain Marvel - Wasn't sure if the new team could fill the shoes of their predecessors but they're doing a good job.
Doctor Strange
Mighty Thor
Power Man and Iron Fist
Spider-Gwen
Star Wars
- I'm reading all Star Wars titles except the Kanan book

Black Magick
Black Science
Deadly Class
Descender
Huck
I Hate Fairyland
Invisible Republic
Jupiter's Circle Vol. 2
Low
Paper Girls
Plutona
Pretty Deadly
Saga
Starve
Tokyo Ghost

I think that's it. I was reading Aquaman and a couple Superman and Batman but creative teams and stories drove me to drop them.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
This may have been posted, if so forgive me. But, I know there are a lot of comic fans here and I never know who has what taste, etc.
Anyway, here's what my pull list is:

All-New Hawkeye - Never thought it would be one of my favorite books as I have never been a big fan of Hawkeye....but here I am, reading Hawkeye.
Blood Feud - Haven't started to read yet
Creepy/Eerie - I like horror books
Deadpool - I like the guy because he doesn't have a superhero mindset. Are you a bad guy who kills people? You die.
Harrow County - I've met the writer, he's cool. Book is Tales From the Cryptish. Looking forward to seeing where they go with the new arc.
Haunted Horror - I love old horror books. This book reprints some of the best stories from the 50's.
Hip Hop Family Tree - Not for everyone, but I dig it. History of rap music
Howard the Duck
Jacked - Kinda seen the idea of guy takes pill-gets super powers done to the max, but I like this take.
Lucifer - Haven't read it, but have heard good things.
Minimum Wage - One of my favorites, hoping it comes back. Sounded like lack of sales may get it cancelled.
Outcast - Good book, but I can't believe this is going to be turned in to a show before so many other good books.
Sex - I read the first three issues, it's ok. They are now on issue 27....I'm not sure why I still buy it
Sex Criminals - Love the book though it got slow for a few issues. I'm really interested to see how they turn it in to a tv show.
Spiderman/Deadpool
Star Wars - I read it because I like Star Wars, not because I think it's good. It's kind of disappointing...
Stray Bullets - I'm glad it's back, I still wonder who is in the trunk. Fuck Spanish Scott.
Survivors Club - I don't even know what the hell is going on, and I like it.
The Walking Dead - It finally picked up since the jump forward
Unfollow - One of the made up people in the book is from the neighborhood over from mine which was strange the first time I read it.

So what do you read? Anything good that I should be reading based on my list?
If you like Deadpool check out the Deadpool & Cable mini "Split Second". It's 6 digital books collected in 3 print issues. It just wrapped up and it was a fun read. That's coming from someone who doesn't like Deadpool.

hit4me4

Oct 24, 2015
If you like Deadpool check out the Deadpool & Cable mini "Split Second". It's 6 digital books collected in 3 print issues. It just wrapped up and it was a fun read. That's coming from someone who doesn't like Deadpool.
Thanks for the heads up, I've got all of them, but I haven't read them yet. It's wild that all the old Cable & Deadpool series have been rebranded Deadpool & Cable because of the movie. Who knew that the next new thing in comics would be Deadpool movies?

hit4me4

Oct 24, 2015
Outcast is a Kirkman book that's why it's becoming a show before others. I read the first trade and enjoyed it quite a bit despite not really liking Kirkman. I'm reading through the first compendium of Invincible and liking that too.
Yeah, I know everyone is willing to let Kirkman do whatever he wants at this point, but it still shocks me that they even got it in production before a series like Y: The Last Man, or Preacher which have both been in the works for YEARS and they can't seem to get the ball rolling.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Yeah, I know everyone is willing to let Kirkman do whatever he wants at this point, but it still shocks me that they even got it in production before a series like Y: The Last Man, or Preacher which have both been in the works for YEARS and they can't seem to get the ball rolling.
Preacher is starting up sometime this year.

BanMe

Banished
Feb 9, 2016
Saga, The Walking Dead, Wytches, uhm... Copperhead, Manhattan Projects, Chew... those are the big ones. I've been going back and catching up on things I missed. Irredeemable was great. Marvel Zombies... just stuff. I pick up most of the Humble Bundles that have comics

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Saga, The Walking Dead, Wytches, uhm... Copperhead, Manhattan Projects, Chew... those are the big ones. I've been going back and catching up on things I missed. Irredeemable was great. Marvel Zombies... just stuff. I pick up most of the Humble Bundles that have comics
Humble Bundle is a great way to try new stuff out.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Yeah, they just announced that dude from Watchmen is going to be a well-known character. Jack Earl Haley...or whatever. I'm too lazy to look up his real name
I saw that. I'm optimistic about the casting they have so far. What makes me nervous is Seth Rogen's involvement and the "big departure" from the comics. But Garth Ennis has been complimentary, so we'll see.

hit4me4

Oct 24, 2015
I saw that. I'm optimistic about the casting they have so far. What makes me nervous is Seth Rogen's involvement and the "big departure" from the comics. But Garth Ennis has been complimentary, so we'll see.
Big departure? I knew they were starting production but hadn't heard about any changes. The one preview I saw was disappointing. I'll remain hopeful though.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Big departure? I knew they were starting production but hadn't heard about any changes. The one preview I saw was disappointing. I'll remain hopeful though.
“We’re fans of the comic,” Rogen continued. “We love the comic. We’re going to make a show we like, so we hope that that translates to people that love the comic as well. But our first and foremost goal is to make a great, entertaining, fun television show that if you never heard of the comic book, you love. We want the show to be fun for regular people without sick sensibilities.”

AMC's 'Preacher' is very different from the comics (but you'll probably like it anyway)

It's definitely going to be for the general public. I'm not expecting to love it but I'm hoping there's something there to enjoy it. The books are so great.
At the end of the day though, I'd rather re-read the books. Same as Y: The Last Man. Not everything needs to be adapted.

Last edited:

BanMe

Banished
Feb 9, 2016
I know nothing of the comic save a lot of friends who do say it is one of their favorites and that they are also worried. For whatever it's worth, I read some Constantine comics after loving the movie...I like the movie better than any of the comics.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I know nothing of the comic save a lot of friends who do say it is one of their favorites and that they are also worried. For whatever it's worth, I read some Constantine comics after loving the movie...I like the movie better than any of the comics.
Hellblazer from vertigo or Constantine from DC?

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I enjoyed the movie too. The TV show was fantastic! Unfortunately not enough people though the same.

BanMe

Banished
Feb 9, 2016
Hellblazer from vertigo or Constantine from DC?
Uhm... oh... I was not aware there was a difference. Uhm... I've since sold the comics I had back. I'd have to look. Pretty sure Hellblazer, but I'm not 100%. It was all very British... very... I dunno... talkey and I didn't get the jokes... I felt like I was in halfway through a conversation, eventhough it was a #1 volume.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Uhm... oh... I was not aware there was a difference. Uhm... I've since sold the comics I had back. I'd have to look. Pretty sure Hellblazer, but I'm not 100%. It was all very British... very... I dunno... talkey and I didn't get the jokes... I felt like I was in halfway through a conversation, eventhough it was a #1 volume.
The original was a vertigo title Hellblazer which started in the late 80's. Not everyone likes those first few because they can feel a bit dated.
DC took over the charcater and he started showing up in the DC universe. He was part of justice league dark and had a solo series Constantine. Recently they rebooted it with The Hellblazer.
If you're interested in John Constantine I would recommend trying Garth Ennis' and Peter Milligan's runs with the vertigo title.

FeeO

You're all on steroids.
May 14, 2015
Over the years I've liked Spiderman, New Mutants, American Vampire, the Dark Horse Star Wars series (Marvel one kinda lacklustre), Angel and Faith, 100 Bullets and From Hell.