Lifestyle Which soap operas did you grow up with in your house?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
What was your/your parent/grandparent's go to soap opera they tuned in to? I feel like going by the age demographics on this board, we're the last generation to have had regular exposure to a broad selection of soaps. The genre is mostly dead here in the US, but I know it's alive and well with Spanish language and Turkish soaps leading the pack. What did you grow up with?

For my family it was All My Children, One Life to Live and General Hospital. My mom use to record "the stories" on her VCR after getting hooked by my grandmother and great grandmother. I'm reasonably confident 80% of my adolescent crushes were soap women.

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
My mom watched The Guiding Light every weekday for decades. Lucky for her, she didn't get a job until after the VCR was invented.

Plenty of evening soaps back then as well, like Dallas. My sister named her only child after a character from Dynasty.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I think my mom watched General hospital, but only occasionally

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
my mom had young and the restless and coronation street on lock.

I watched wwf/wcw....and coronation street.

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
In my mid 20s, I had a male roommate while we were in flight school. He would watch General Hospital every day. Of course, I called him a fag every day because of it. Then I realized he wasn’t there once and I was watching it by myself. I hated myself. He also watched Saved By The Bell.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
In my mid 20s, I had a male roommate while we were in flight school. He would watch General Hospital every day. Of course, I called him a fag every day because of it. Then I realized he wasn’t there once and I was watching it by myself. I hated myself. He also watched Saved By The Bell.
Sonny Corinthos is still the man.