White confirms Hill’s arm wasn’t broken after nasty armbar at UFC 263

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Jamahal Hill’s left armbar was dislocated and not broken at UFC 263, according to Dana White.

Another seemingly nasty injury happened at a UFC pay-per-view event. During the main card opener of Saturday’s UFC 263, light heavyweight Jamahal Hill found himself in a nasty armbar at the hands of Paul Craig.

Statement win by @PCraigmma and undeniable toughness by @JamahalH #UFC263 pic.twitter.com/kEzHir0J1V

— ESPN MMA (@espnmma) June 13, 2021
Hill’s left arm looked badly bent after he got out of the submission. Some speculated it to be broken just by how mangled it appeared to be.

During the post-fight presser, UFC president Dana White confirmed otherwise, saying Hill’s arm was just dislocated and had been popped back in.

“If you can believe this one, ‘cause I can’t f—ng believe it. Jamahal Hill’s arm was not broken,” White told reporters. “It was dislocated. They popped it back in and he has full range of motion, and the guy’s OK. That’s nuts.”

Many are holding local Arizona referee Al Guinee responsible for supposedly failing to stop the fight at the right time. White, who’s usually vocal about his opinions about officiating mishaps, refused to say anything that could create friction with the Arizona athletic commission. He did, however, have some words for Guinee, whom he described as “the Arizona Mazzagatti.”

“If you don’t know a guy’s arm is broken… When an arm is flopping around like this and going both ways, he should probably stop the fight.”

Hill says he’s ‘OK’ despite what happened, as he also came to referee Guinee’s defense.

The ref doesn't suck I wasn't tapping i was trying to stack but my arm wasn't there lol I tried to knock him out quick but he just was the better fighter tonight!!! I've been dominate for 12 years tonight was my turn to lose!!!!

— Jamahal Hill (@JamahalH) June 13, 2021
As for Craig, he won $50,000 for Performance of the Night.

Dana White confirms Jamahal Hill’s arm wasn’t broken after nasty armbar at UFC 263

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
The arm was flapping around,but it looked like he was tapping before that & the ref didn`t see that either.

T

The Big Guy

I like seeing cocky punks get dealt with

Looked like a boy grappling a man

JM Barrie

I miss The Donald
Jun 15, 2021
Why a rematch? It wasn't a freak accident or anything, it was a legit win.

A broken arm by submission is a legit win but is a dislocated arm really a legit win?
The fight wasn't really going and then a dislocation happened.
Anyways, seems like they are best of buds now so I don't know

best buds lul

JM Barrie

I miss The Donald
Jun 15, 2021
You make it sound as if he slipped and dislocated his toe by accident or something.

In this case I absolutely think it is.

I am dissatisfied with how it ended. Dislocated and broken are very different. I agree that Paul was working on the submission but dislocation is a watered down form of broken. I don't like it.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
A broken arm by submission is a legit win but is a dislocated arm really a legit win?
The fight wasn't really going and then a dislocation happened.
Anyways, seems like they are best of buds now so I don't know

best buds lul
Jesus Christ man, that fight lasted two minutes and Hill was in deep trouble for 1 minute and 40 seconds of it. :smile:

Craig was threatening the armbar within one minute. Hill escaped the first one. Seconds later, Craig wrapped him up again and dealt him a grotesque injury that completely took away his ability to fight.

You don't see that as a legit win? I see it as the most legit win of Craig's UFC career, as far as any fight of his I've seen goes. He had a clear strategy, successfully executed it immediately, and Hill was completely unable to stop Craig from doing exactly what he wanted. That's about as legit as a win gets.

??