White confirms McGregor vs Cerrone targeted for January

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

It looks like the UFC truly is targeting a fight between Conor McGregor and Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone in early January. McGregor announced during his Russia tour that he is set to return on January 18 inside the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

However, McGregor did not announce his opponent, claiming he already knows who it is, but noted if he did reveal it, the UFC would “flip” it. Soon after, reports surfaced indicating Cerrone was the frontrunner for the fight, leading to “Cowboy” teasing a fight announcement coming soon on social media.

Now, speaking to TMZ Sports, UFC president Dana White has confirmed the Las Vegas-based mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion is, in fact, targeting McGregor vs. Cerrone for January, but it’s far from a done deal, and could still possibly fall through.

“We have nothing done, nothing is even close to being done,” White said. “So, I hate to even talk about this stuff, say it, because it might not happen, it might happen, but we’re looking at Cowboy. Number three versus number five, January 18 at the T-Mobile in Las Vegas.”

Dana White Confirms Conor McGregor vs. Donald Cerrone Targeted For January

Keung

Banned
Jun 28, 2017
Awwww sheittttttt this is the balls

I'm going DEEP my due

I'm getting all up in dat ........... Motor boat that ish

You feeling me you sheep

Ja feeling me creep boy ... JA FEELZ

ohhhhh BURNNNNNNN Dawg

HAHA OH THAT IS GOOD ..

I clown fools like this guy daily .. DAILY BRO

You scared of me be honest hoe ..

I'm big things around dis part brah

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015

I'm going DEEP my due

You feeling me you sheep

ohhhhh BURNNNNNNN Dawg

HAHA OH THAT IS GOOD ..

WUT?

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015

I'm going DEEP my due

You feeling me you sheep

ohhhhh BURNNNNNNN Dawg

HAHA OH THAT IS GOOD ..

I need you to write me a kick ass resume!!

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Cerrone is always entertaining, but he's lost 6 of his last 10 fights. not terribly excited about this one.
Had no idea he had lost 6 of his last 10. Hell I thought I remember him being talked about as getting a title shot at 170 like a year ago or something?

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
"We have nothing done, nothing is even close to being done,”

It is about Clicks

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
Both guys are on two fight losing streaks, both guys are in need of a win, makes sense. It seems like there were a lot of challenges between a title shot and Cerrone for Conor, but I get the logic in taking this fight.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Cerrone is always entertaining, but he's lost 6 of his last 10 fights. not terribly excited about this one.
Cerrone has the ability to beat McGregor but the deck would be stacked against him. Cerrone doesn’t perform well if there is personal conflict leading up to the fight, he’s a slow starter and he becomes flustered with smack talk in the cage. In my opinion, that’s exactly why Conor wants this fight. If Cerrone follows his past performances, Conor can win before he steps into the cage.

I’d much rather see Gaethje vs McGregor but, McGregor knows that he can’t intimidate Justin at all so there’s no damn way that’ll happen.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
McGregors MO, the Floyd Mayweather blueprint to a fucking tee.

Hes followed it religiously throughout his career, bar the getting his ass handed to him and not actually being the best of his generation.
It works wonders on casuals. I have a mate who probably couldn’t name a fighter not named McGregor, Diaz or Jones (despite watching events with me all of the time) who goes ‘see they’ve announced McGregor is coming back to fight in January?’ I asked where he had heard that and he couldn’t tell me.

It’s not like he visits MMA websites. The bait manages to filter through to the casuals be it Facebook or whatever, which is exactly the point.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
It works wonders on casuals. I have a mate who probably couldn’t name a fighter not named McGregor, Diaz or Jones (despite watching events with me all of the time) who goes ‘see they’ve announced McGregor is coming back to fight in January?’ I asked where he had heard that and he couldn’t tell me.

It’s not like he visits MMA websites. The bait manages to filter through to the casuals be it Facebook or whatever, which is exactly the point.
Your friend doesn’t have to answer your questions.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
real interesting to see what kind of reaction and numbers Conor gets (both € and ppv)