White eyes Askren-Lawler rematch after UFC 235

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

UFC president Dana White said early Sunday morning he plans on booking a rematch between Ben Askren and Robbie Lawler following their controversial fight at UFC 235.

Askren made his highly-anticipated debut against Lawler, a former UFC welterweight champion, on the pay-per-view main card. The event took place Saturday at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

Lawler hurt Askren early in the first round with a slam and powerful ground-and-pound, but “Funky” recovered and got Lawler into a submission. Referee Herb Dean stopped the fight after he thought “Ruthless” went unconscious, but Lawler seems to have never gone out cold. Askren officially won via first-round submission, although Dean’s…

Dana White says he plans to book Ben Askren vs. Robbie Lawler rematch following UFC 235

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Bens not interested so it’s going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I’d actually like to see Ben fight Demian Maia. I know I’m probably the only person who wants to though.

T

The Big Guy

I’d actually like to see Ben fight Demian Maia. I know I’m probably the only person who wants to though.
No it would be great. Have you ever seen askren roll with marcelo garcia

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
I hope they make Ben run it again just because it was such a controversial stoppage. Robbie deserves a chance to take that one back after demolishing Ben just a minute before all of that happened.