White: Khabib will fight in Russia, but not vs. McGregor

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Back in June of 2017, Dana White was happy to tease the idea that Conor McGregor told him he wanted to fight Khabib Nurmagomedov in Russia.

“You know what Conor told me?” Dana white said in an interview with MMA Junkie, “He says, ‘I want Khabib, in Russia.’ Isn’t he f-ing awesome!? He’s like, ‘I wan’t Khabib, in Russia.’”

And while it seems like an idea that both fighters would be willing to get behind, it no longer seems like the Irish superstar will get his wish... or at least not the “in Russia” part of it.

If Nurmagomedov defends his UFC lightweight championship against former titleholder McGregor in his next bout, it will most likely take place in Las Vegas, the MMA capital, White…

Dana White: Khabib will fight in Russia ‘at some point,’ but not vs. Conor McGregor

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I think any conor fight would take place in the united states, Las Vegas specifically, since that generates the most revenue. Certainly countries with a completly different time zone would be out of the equation simply for the ppv model to work.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
This will happen right after Conor headlines that stadium card at Croke Park.

I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, as always, anything Dana says is just fresh bullshit out of that asshole he calls a mouth.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Don't be shocked if it is in November at MSG.
Bringing millions to NYC might go a long way to helping conor's legal issues with the city

Nov 21, 2015
I think any conor fight would take place in the united states, Las Vegas specifically, since that generates the most revenue. Certainly countries with a completly different time zone would be out of the equation simply for the ppv model to work.
Not if he loses his US Visa it wont

MyrddinWild

Feb 15, 2018
what's the deal with the thread title talking about "White Khabib?"

Is there a black one?

Kidding... there's no way in hell Conor fights outside of the US no matter who he's fighting. My man was gung ho about fighting in Ireland & very vocal about it early in his career... but you can almost see the point were he became aware of the numbers difference & changed his tune real quick. A lot of it had to do with Irish curfew laws n stuff & their open arena with all the rain possibly cancelling the event... but on the real... the time difference is the main thing... & the bread n butter is the PPV sales that are generated in North America... & you gotta have the event taking place on North American time.