White Lesbian Mistakenly Impregnated With Sperm From A Black Donor Court Case Denied

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
Jennifer Cramblett says she loves her biracial child but was not culturally prepared to raise her – she can refile lawsuit against sperm bank under negligence claim

Jennifer Cramblett of Ohio became pregnant in December 2011 through artificial insemination. Photograph: Mark Duncan/AP Associated Press in Ohio

A judge has dismissed a white Ohio woman’s lawsuit accusing an Illinois sperm bank of mistakenly providing sperm from a black donor, resulting in a mixed-race child the mother said she was not culturally prepared to raise.

DuPage County judge Ronald Sutter tossed the lawsuit alleging wrongful birth and breach of warranty on Thursday, the Chicago Tribune reported. But he said Jennifer Cramblett of Uniontown, Ohio, could refile her lawsuit against Midwest Sperm Bank under a negligence claim.

Cramblett became pregnant in December 2011 through artificial insemination using sperm donated by a black man instead of the white donor whom she and her partner selected. When the mistake due to clerical error was discovered, the sperm bank issued an apology and a partial refund.

Cramblett, said she loves her three-year-old daughter. But she said that she was raised around stereotypical attitudes toward minorities and that she has “limited cultural competency” with African Americans.

Sutter ruled Thursday that Cramblett’s lawsuit couldn’t proceed under either of those standards.

Bob Summers, an attorney for the sperm bank, argued that Cramblett’s claim of “wrongful birth” could not be legally sustained in a case where a healthy child was born. “Wrongful birth” cases are meant to address cases where medical testing was negligent and failed to show risks of congenital or hereditary disorders to a child before birth, he said.

Sutter agreed with Summers and dismissed the “wrongful birth” claim, and then he dismissed Cramblett’s claim that the sperm bank’s error amounted to a “breach of warranty” under a state law covering blood and tissue donations.

Attorney Lynsey Stewart, who’s also representing Midwest Sperm Bank in the case, argued that the Illinois Blood and Organ Transaction Liability Act was never intended to address situations such as Cramblett’s. She said the act specifically addresses many types of medical situations but it clearly omits sperm donations.

Woman accidentally impregnated with black man's sperm has legal case dismissed | US news | The Guardian

Last edited:

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
This tickled my sense of fuckery. Gay and Lesbians campaigned for marriage equality and civil rights, often comparing the struggle to African Americans, with slogans stating love has no gender but evidently it has some color barriers. A child that has two lesbian parents is expected to be fine, adapt seemlessly. But those two white female parents raising a mixed race baby is actionable and requires some mystical knowledge that only another person of color can supply. Folks are fucking regotdamndickulous.

'But she said that she was raised around stereotypical attitudes toward minorities and that she has “limited cultural competency” with African Americans.' Dyking was ok tho :eyes:

I'd try to get that free money too tho, keep it 100 hunnid.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
lol this lady needs to stop lying ohio isn't like that it is actually pretty diverse, black,latino white etc, she just wanted her baby white,which is her choice, but don't bs about it ,don't blame and malign the community she lives in as bigots.

p.s my favorite bi racial baby

lol this lady needs to stop lying ohio isn't like that it is actually pretty diverse, black,latino white etc, she just wanted her baby white,which is her choice, but don't bs about it , blame and malign the community she lives in as bigots.

p.s my favorite bi racial baby

God lord she fine.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
This tickled my sense of fuckery. Gay and Lesbians campaigned for marriage equality and civil rights, often comparing the struggle to African Americans, with slogans stating love has no gender but evidently it has some color barriers. A child that has two lesbian parents is expected to be fine, adapt seemlessly. But those two white female parents raising a mixed race baby is actionable and requires some mystical knowledge that only another person of color can supply. Folks are fucking regotdamndickulous.

'But she said that she was raised around stereotypical attitudes toward minorities and that she has “limited cultural competency” with African Americans.' Dyking was ok tho :eyes:

I'd try to get that free money too tho, keep it 100 hunnid.

I agree with you in some regards.

But she's basically saying what many black people wish more white people would say, "I don't understand what it means to be black".

She's finding a careful way to say, " I don't want a black baby" for sure. But can you really just dismiss that somebody admits they are worried about fucking up their kid over an identity topic they dont understand (though could obviously learn)?

Chasing dollas but I don't think she's totally full of shit.

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
i'm sad for the day that child finds out about the lawsuit. it will wreck that kid's self esteem

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015

But she's basically saying what many black people wish more white people would say, "I don't understand what it means to be black".

She's finding a careful way to say, " I don't want a black baby" for sure. But can you really just dismiss that somebody admits they are worried about fucking up their kid over an identity topic they dont understand (though could obviously learn)?

I'm ok with her chasing a dollar and she's right to as she did not get what she asked and paid for. If her argument was that a mixlet would require more care than another race and she could demonstrate financial suffering I'd be down to give it to her. But her claim is basically insensitivity, for that I need her to live and work in an area where the child would not mesh well. I'd need her not to have a sexual group that routinely faces and copes with discrimination.

After all isn't that what the 'Black Experience' in America is purported to be right? That you'll face discrimination issues and how to acknowledge it, overcome it, work through it emotionally without it affecting your view of self and others. What group other than Black would be able to do that if not LGBT?

She should go with the financial angle. Black experience vacations, summer camps, legal fees as mixlets become the next high risk prison risk, fucking hair care (we spend tons more money on that than any other ethnic group), scholastic tutoring etc. I could jack that price the fuck up and cash in. Dumb bitch.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015

"Cramblett, said she loves her three-year-old daughter. But she said that she was raised around stereotypical attitudes toward minorities and that she has “limited cultural competency” with African Americans.

Sutter ruled Thursday that Cramblett’s lawsuit couldn’t proceed under either of those standards."

Her listed reasons for suing are:
1) She was raised to be racist.
2) She doesn't understand black people.

Rightfully, her case was rejected on those grounds. She DOES have a case for being supplied sperm from someone other than her selected donor.

Like others, I find it funny that someone raised to dislike minorities is a racist lesbian and has a mixed race child. I don't find it funny that a mixed race child is born into a racist family.