White: McGregor will never get a stake in UFC

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Nov 21, 2015
Congrats on your success buddy
Killer stuff

But your situation has nothing to do with Conor's at all.
You created something that helped the over-all company

Conor makes tens of millions off his fights & does nothing for UFC outside of that

But you are way off on "Only the UFC works that way"

What other sports franchise just gave some tens or hundreds of millions outside of their salary? lol

Derek Jeter was the biggest sports star in the media capital of the world in the modern era.
He did not become an owner, just because ... he went & bought into another team.

Jeter also played in 90% of the games & was on all the broadcast ... unlike Conor (or RR) who just perform on a small % of the company's product (fight cards)

Oh ...
Conor did get equity off of the fights he participated in
He made a rumored $30m off the Khabib fight with most likely $25m of that being equity from the fight.

He wants equity given to him for things he is not involved in.
He was never fighting on ESPN so he did not deserve any of that money as a gift lol

Where I support Conor COMPLETELY is a new negotiation of his contract since PPV points mean less.
He deserves a much higher guarantee than ever before
But that is for HIS fights.
He deserves nothing for other fights
Those are fair points. Its kinda all apples and oranges.

I'd say that Jeter was not nearly as important to baseball as Conor
or Ronda was to MMA.

Jeter did not put baseball into the mainstream. He didn't do for baseball
what Conor and Ronda did for the UFC.

UFC fighters certainly don't get paid like Baseball players.

They don't get paid like NBA players either.

When I say only the UFC operates that way I'm generalizing.

I mean it seems to me that the rest of the world, especially the corporate
world that I know... no top employees are gonna put up with the shit
that UFC fighters do.

Tell a fund manager who just helped you raise 4 Billion in equity
that he's only going to receive his contracted pay he not only will sue you
and win but the the SEC and financial regulators are gonna have a word
with you.

The UFC is a private company so they got away with paying their top talent
a fraction of their worth.

I don't know the numbers like you do though so I'm sure you know
far more then myself

And yeah... love chatting with ya FrankieNYC @FrankieNYC . I always learn something

Nov 21, 2015
"Put the entire sport on their backs and carried it across the finish line?" Nah.

They gave the UFC the company large revenue spikes, in the same way people like Lesnar or Kimbo, or the TUF alum or home grown stars like GSP, Liddell, Ortiz, and Couture did at various times. But there were a lot of other fighters on the cards they fought on, and fighters that people like Conor and Ronda fought that made them famous. Without years of work and domination by Aldo, McGregor would have had nothing to stake himself against. Without all that went into building WMMA between Invicta and Strikeforce, there's no Ronda. Both came into already well constructed infrastructures and used their skill and charisma to accelerate growth trends. They also benefited from a high exposure media system that had was well developed online and growing in traditional media via the Fox deal.

But I agree with the core of what you're saying. The fighters, all of them, deserve an ownership stake in the UFC. If the UFC won't settle for a 48-55% share of revenues to the athletes, like some other sports, they could at least offer shares in WME to all of them, and include bonus options for people they can analytically demonstrate "move the needle." The time to do it is now as WME IMG still hasn't gone public, but is always rumored to. For now everyone gets a little tiny piece of the crap Reebok deal while divesting themselves of other sponsorship options, which is nonsense. A strong collective fighter campaign to get a pool of WME IMG shares that would be set aside in the fighters names and yield an annual disbursement would be a way to sidestep the fact that they're prohibited from organizing. But if a single fighter like Conor got a share, either by buying in or being gifted it, it would literally mean the death of the UFC overnight.
I was just listening to Game's song where he talks about putting the whole west coast
rap industry on his back so that was in my head.

But you know what I meant! LOL

They created a far larger portion of equity and financial gain to the owners
then what they should have received for their part in that financial creation is
what I'm essentially saying.

Honda did put WMMA on her back though!

I'm not giving up on that statement. LOL

Nov 21, 2015
"Put the entire sport on their backs and carried it across the finish line?" Nah.

They gave the UFC the company large revenue spikes, in the same way people like Lesnar or Kimbo, or the TUF alum or home grown stars like GSP, Liddell, Ortiz, and Couture did at various times. But there were a lot of other fighters on the cards they fought on, and fighters that people like Conor and Ronda fought that made them famous. Without years of work and domination by Aldo, McGregor would have had nothing to stake himself against. Without all that went into building WMMA between Invicta and Strikeforce, there's no Ronda. Both came into already well constructed infrastructures and used their skill and charisma to accelerate growth trends. They also benefited from a high exposure media system that had was well developed online and growing in traditional media via the Fox deal.

But I agree with the core of what you're saying. The fighters, all of them, deserve an ownership stake in the UFC. If the UFC won't settle for a 48-55% share of revenues to the athletes, like some other sports, they could at least offer shares in WME to all of them, and include bonus options for people they can analytically demonstrate "move the needle." The time to do it is now as WME IMG still hasn't gone public, but is always rumored to. For now everyone gets a little tiny piece of the crap Reebok deal while divesting themselves of other sponsorship options, which is nonsense. A strong collective fighter campaign to get a pool of WME IMG shares that would be set aside in the fighters names and yield an annual disbursement would be a way to sidestep the fact that they're prohibited from organizing. But if a single fighter like Conor got a share, either by buying in or being gifted it, it would literally mean the death of the UFC overnight.
"They could at least offer shares in WME to all of them, and include bonus options for people they can analytically demonstrate "move the needle."

Preach!

These fighters deserve that man. They are getting robbed in every sense of the word.

I'd argue its criminal what they are getting away with it.

Try paying out the same fraction of pay to NBA or Baseball players and see
how much trouble your organization lands in

But hey... fighters put up with it.

homo fagit

Writer, and adventurer
Jul 17, 2018
No decent pubs are stocking it in Ireland anyway, over priced shite, watered down, full of vanilla extract.

If its doing well it is state side, although its shit makes sense with the size of the market, plenty of gobshites to buy it that don't know any better.
Gobshite is my absolute favorite word ever

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Thank you very much dana, my best friend

Buy in or you get fuck all m8

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Those are fair points. Its kinda all apples and oranges.

I'd say that Jeter was not nearly as important to baseball as Conor
or Ronda was to MMA.

Jeter did not put baseball into the mainstream. He didn't do for baseball
what Conor and Ronda did for the UFC.

UFC fighters certainly don't get paid like Baseball players.

They don't get paid like NBA players either.

When I say only the UFC operates that way I'm generalizing.

I mean it seems to me that the rest of the world, especially the corporate
world that I know... no top employees are gonna put up with the shit
that UFC fighters do.

Tell a fund manager who just helped you raise 4 Billion in equity
that he's only going to receive his contracted pay he not only will sue you
and win but the the SEC and financial regulators are gonna have a word
with you.

The UFC is a private company so they got away with paying their top talent
a fraction of their worth.

I don't know the numbers like you do though so I'm sure you know
far more then myself

And yeah... love chatting with ya FrankieNYC @FrankieNYC . I always learn something

Backatcha man

I'll end with this

You are over-estimating Conor's worth to UFC by a lot.

BTW ... Jeter was more important to The Yankees than Conor was to UFC
by far

Jeter played every game, was on every broadcast, etc,

again: Conor received equity for his participation ... a lot of equity.
He is asking for Equity for things he is not part of

Nobody is buying the PPV's Conor is not on or watching TV for fights Conor is not on, because of Conor.

Conor does get equity ... for his fights

;)

Buff Bagginz

NO KNOWN WEAKNESSES
Nov 13, 2015
I knew that multi fight deal that Conor signed right after or before the Mayweather fight was a huge mistake.

He could be boxing PacMan right now and not having to split the profits with Uncle Fester and the hollywood jews.

Buff Bagginz

NO KNOWN WEAKNESSES
Nov 13, 2015
Instead, he had to go fight a savage muslim for pennies and got destroyed. I bet not one day goes by that he regrets that horrible business decision.