White: Once Askren becomes a free agent, I’ll meet with him

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

UFC president Dana White and undefeated welterweight Ben Askren have been at odds over the last few years. According to Askren, he was never signed into the UFC because of a 2012 Twitter spat where he criticized the company executive for not having random drug testing at the time.

Thing seemed to have taken a turn for the better, at least on the side of White. During his recent guesting on the UFC Unfiltered podcast, he says he is now more open to sign the “Funky” one.

“Ben Askren hit me up a few months ago and said ‘what are the odds that we can talk about me getting into the UFC?’ White said.

Dana White: Once Ben Askren becomes a free agent, I’ll meet with him

Last edited:

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Should have happened 4 years ago.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Damn I hope Dana signs him and has him fight the cherry picker original sleep aid lay and prayer George...St.....Pierrre!!!!!

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I wanted to see the fight with Rory a couple years back and a matchup with Hendricks before his career died. GSP fight would be fun but I dont think GSP takes it, based on money as he mentioned on JRE.

Regardless, I would love to see Ben in some meaningful UFC fights.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Exactly, but two big ego's butting heads. Hopefully they can make it happen now. GSP vs Askren is a must.
It's be GSP vs Kos except Bem ends up with 2 broken eye sockets....

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Worst fug match up possible for Ben.. hw gets beat up for a 5 round 50-43 decision.
Was coming to say this......this fight is pointless.....gsp either finishes this fight or coasts to am easy victory

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
who the hell is suggesting GSP should pour away one of his final appearances by facing a complete no-name (in terms of general fan awareness/ppv potential) like askren. madness.

that said, hope Ben gets a chance to shine

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Askren is the textbook definition of a paper tiger, but may have become something else a few years ago. Now I suspect it's too late.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Askren is the textbook definition of a paper tiger, but may have become something else a few years ago. Now I suspect it's too late.
He’s not beating gsp and I’m sure I don’t want to see that fight......it’s either a main event which I stop watching after the co-main or if it’s a co-main, I have ff on my remote which is my best friend for that fight

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I guess 5 years late is better than never. I always enjoyed Askren and would have loved to see how he would do against the best of the best. No matter what happens from this point forward we will only have speculation on how great he is/could be. Hopefully he made tons of cash over seas and is financially set for life.