White: Poirier ‘absolutely’ in the running to fight Khabib next

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

UFC lightweight contender Dustin Poirier engaged in another classic, this time knocking out Justin Gaethje in Saturday’s unforgettable UFC on FOX 29 main event. The fourth-round stoppage marked Poirier’s sixth win in his last eight fights, and “The Diamond” made it clear that he wants to fight current champion Khabib Nurmagomedov in his next fight.

“I’ve paid my dues,” Poirier said in the FS2 post-fight show (via MMAjunkie). “I’ve put nothing but hard work in. I’ve been close to the mountaintop and I’ve been knocked down. I’ve shown resilience and fortitude and I’ve done it over and over again to put myself back in the position I’m in, and I’m…

Dana White: Dustin Poirier ‘absolutely’ in the running to fight Khabib Nurmagomedov next

dtrain24

Mar 24, 2018
I definitely wouldn't be mad if Poirier got it. Love watching him fight. But like Wild said, it'll probably go to the guy in my new profile pic...

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
in the running =/= what we want to do.

total bs. poirier would be great for the division. he's actually abe to fight 3 times a year!!

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
The Irish guy's hand would be shaking so badly the contract wouldn't pass the NSAC and ruled invalid.

M

member 603

Other people in the running for pretty much any UFC title...

That division's #7 ranked fighter

That division's #16 ranked fighter

The octagon camera operator

The people sitting in section 101 row 10 seats 8-15

The equipment manager for the city's minor league baseball team

The late great R. Lee Ermey

Mrs. Beader's 4th grade class

Any linemen from the 72 Dolphins.

UFC titles and who gets the shot don't mean shit anymore.

MyrddinWild

Feb 15, 2018
I like it.

I thought Portier was obviously winning vs. Eddie before the foul so I got no problem with him jumping past Eddie.

With Ferg & Conor out... that leaves us only with Lee as another possibility. His wrestling makes it pretty interesting. He gotta get by Barboza first, but if he gets that win... then he could make a claim for the title. I don't really count the Chiesa win very highly though cause it was an early stoppage.... & so his only big win would be vs Barboza... so I think Portier has a more legit claim. Lee's big mouth will have the UFC seeing dollar signs as apposed to the mutual respect we'll likely get from Portier vs. Khabib though, so they might just pick Lee.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Other people in the running for pretty much any UFC title...

That division's #7 ranked fighter

That division's #16 ranked fighter

The octagon camera operator

The people sitting in section 101 row 10 seats 8-15

The equipment manager for the city's minor league baseball team

The late great R. Lee Ermey

Mrs. Beader's 4th grade class

Any linemen from the 72 Dolphins.

UFC titles and who gets the shot don't mean shit anymore.
WHAT THE FUCK HE DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just last night, jesus. RIP to the best Drill Sargent ever!!!