White: 'Ronda's 100% recovered'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Rousey has made sparse public appearances since UFC 193, when Holm knocked her out with a now legendary second-round head kick. That has done little to slow the backlash she has received from fans and fighters online though -- a backlash which only seemed to pick up steam after Rousey appeared on The Ellen Show and admitted to experiencing suicidal thoughts in the wake of her first professional defeat.

"That women is so competitive, and truly believed that she would never lose, and that's what we all loved about Ronda Rousey," White said. "That's what got everybody so into women's MMA and behind her, and then, when she lost, I mean, she went into a depression like I've never seen before.

"This is a person that I'm very close to and know very well, and yeah, it was tough to see her go through that, but she's 100-percent bounced back, recovered and is getting ready to come back in either October or November."

Rousey has also received criticism for not branching out her training away from Glendale Fighting Club and head coach Edmond Tarverdyan, however White believes the Rousey who shows up next time will be a vastly different fighter than the one who stepped into the Octagon against Holm.

"I think we're going to see a more calculated Ronda. Ronda got to the point where she would fight anybody at their own style," White said. "You don't want to run into somebody else's attributes. You want to shake things up for them and make them come into your wheelhouse, where you're the best, and Ronda just went out there that night with the wrong plan.

"Then even when stuff started to go bad, she didn't change things up, and she didn't mix it up. You won't see that again, I guarantee you. She's going to be much smarter in her next fight and how many fights she fights after that."

LINK: Dana White: ‘I absolutely hate’ the ‘business side’ of Holly Holm vs. Miesha Tate

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Sounds like that prick wants her to win. What a fucking piece of shit. Hasnt given Holly one bit of credit.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
no she's damaged goods at this point. when Holly scrambles her eggs for the 2nd time she might go off the deep end for real

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I agree, if she wasnt how the hell did she eat all that to become that *cough cough* large

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I agree, if she wasnt how the hell did she eat all that to become that *cough cough* large
I think you have some kind of internal alarm that notifies you of when a Rousey thread is created :D

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
"Ronda just went out there that night with the wrong plan."

Bias much?

Why can't he acknowledge Holly as the better fighter ffs....

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
im so toured of his jock riding ass,..Shes a mental midget...he's just putting more pressure on his baby and she will NEVER be the intimidating champion again..get over it Dana..

P

Punch

im so toured of his jock riding ass,..Shes a mental midget...he's just putting more pressure on his baby and she will NEVER be the intimidating champion again..get over it Dana..
The "All the eggs in one basket" approach seems very limiting in my mind.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Holy broke her. Theres no way shes 100% already. Most fighters aren't the same after a devastating ko loss or even their first loss as a pro. Hers was a double whammy.
And there's nothing wrong with that. Dana needs to get over it.

The thing he's forgetting is that Ronda fought like she did because her opponents weren't able to dictate the fight to her in any real way. Along comes Holm with a fight IQ and the moves to match and it'll be interesting to see if RR can find a way to deal with that. She better hope Meisha can do what she can't....

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
He's right. Ronda wanted to prove something by fighting to Holm's attributes and it cost her. I doubt she makes the same mistake again. Only Ronda haters could possibly take what Dana said as something negative.

P

Punch

He's right. Ronda wanted to prove something by fighting to Holm's attributes and it cost her. I doubt she makes the same mistake again. Only Ronda haters could possibly take what Dana said as something negative.
I don't feel like it's hate to say that Dana appears to not be giving Holly her due credit. He stated Ronda had a shit game plan, which she did, but he doesn't mention how Holm came in with a great one. If it was just this single instance of Dana showing what appears to be favoritism i don't think it would register to most, but that guy keeps throwing straws on an already broken camel's back.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
The fight went to the ground twice. Holly got back up and broke her.

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
I don't feel like it's hate to say that Dana appears to not be giving Holly her due credit. He stated Ronda had a shit game plan, which she did, but he doesn't mention how Holm came in with a great one. If it was just this single instance of Dana showing what appears to be favoritism i don't think it would register to most, but that guy keeps throwing straws on an already broken camel's back.
I do believe the question was about Ronda not Holm. He was responding to a question. Ronda didn't have a good plan going into the fight and didn't adjust when it wasn't working. I remember threads about that very thing in here criticizing Edmund for telling her to keep doing the same thing, she's going fine. Now that Dana agreed with everyone's analysis people have to disagree with it. It's just stupid.

P

Punch

I do believe the question was about Ronda not Holm. He was responding to a question. Ronda didn't have a good plan going into the fight and didn't adjust when it wasn't working. I remember threads about that very thing in here criticizing Edmund for telling her to keep doing the same thing, she's going fine. Now that Dana agreed with everyone's analysis people have to disagree with it. It's just stupid.
Those are good points. I don't think they take away from the fact that Dana is his own worst enemy at this point. He's "me'd" so much of his fan base over the years that some people (not all) are going to verbally bash him, run what he says under a fine tooth comb, or want to beat his ass regardless of what he says.

If he fixed the fighter pay situation, that would go a looong fucking way in my mind towards showing he's not a selfish promoter. I'd not give him nearly as much shit.

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
The fight went to the ground twice. Holly got back up and broke her.
Ronda was hurt by a punch early in the fight before she ever tried to go to the ground and Holm was wobbled by a left hand and instinctively went to the clinch and took Ronda down. I'm not sure what you mean by "broke her".

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
Ronda was hurt by a punch early in the fight before she ever tried to go to the ground and Holm was wobbled by a left hand and instinctively went to the clinch and took Ronda down. I'm not sure what you mean by "broke her".