White says Cormier and Miocic have ‘agreed’ to trilogy fight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

With both fighters staying relatively quiet since their rematch at UFC 241 in August, Dana White recently announced that Daniel Cormier and Stipe Miocic have already agreed to fight each other for the third time.

The pair first met at UFC 226 in 2018, when Cormier handed Miocic his first loss in years—winning by first-round KO in his return to heavyweight. Miocic avenged his loss earlier in 2019, when he won by fourth-round stoppage in the main event of UFC 241—taking back his light heavyweight title in the process.

Appearing recently on the Rich Eisen Show, White said once Miocic has recovered from the injuries he sustained in…

Dana White: Daniel Cormier and Stipe Miocic have ‘both agreed’ to their trilogy bout

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Hell yes! I was hoping DC would fight again. Hope he wins and goes out on top.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
DC's body shot resilience is akin to Matt Brown going on an all-Popeye's Chicken diet and Miocic finally figured that out. Easy win for Stipe now.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Stipe will beat that ass again as I predicted the last time. First time was a fluke because of DC poking him in the eye.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
DC better plan to do some Rasslin or he’s gonna be looking up at the lights and blowing bubbles.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I don't think I've ever drunk rated a serious post (or any post) but you earned it with this one my friend.
I only say this because DC at least won one. He never came close to beating Jones and he never would. 0-2 is no rivalry.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I only say this because DC at least won one. He never came close to beating Jones and he never would. 0-2 is no rivalry.
To be honest, I was originally going to agree with you on the basis of it not being a real rivalry. Then I remembered that their first fight was closer than most people recognize and the second fight. Well, DC won the first round and JBJ had the win stripped after he burned through the piss cup.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
To be honest, I was originally going to agree with you on the basis of it not being a real rivalry. Then I remembered that their first fight was closer than most people recognize and the second fight. Well, DC won the first round and JBJ had the win stripped after he burned through the piss cup.
I think generally it was close, but DC relentlessly chasing a takedown in the 5th is my abiding memory of that fight. It was an image of a great fighter who'd allowed his opponent to get so deep into his head that he just became desperate to prove a point and lost because of it. The aftermath of the fight only cemented this view and their rematch of course was the exclamation point, even despite the result being overturned. It was clear to me at least that DC just wouldn't ever be the guy to beat Jones, even though he gave him a great fight (not his toughest, that was Gustaffson).

In the second Stipe fight, we saw a similar DC, this one so cocky that his opponent posed no threat to him that he left himself vulnerable for no discernable reason. To me, how he performs in their 3rd fight is really going to define how we remember him, especially since it's his last fight. Is he the perennial runner up to the best guy around (an ongoing narrative DC himself has talked about from his wrestling career) or is he a GOAT? To me, this is or should be the most important fight of DC's career.

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
I hope they get some buzz this time. This is really DC's career defining rivalry, not Jones.
Unfortunately, for DC, he turned a first round KO of the UFC champion with the most title defenses into a rivalry by being a company man and accepting a rematch that absolutely no one was clamoring for. The move would've been to retire or if you have to fight once more, then it should've been Jon Jones while DC still had some leverage (the heavyweight title). If I had to guess, there were probably people close to him advising him to do that very thing, but just like he refused to keep his hands up or wrestle as instructed by Crazy Bob Cook, DC does what DC does.

Last edited:

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Agreeing means nothing.
Unless I see a four corners contract and 8 corners action, this is not a reality.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
at this point i would rather see DC fight anybody else than stipe or jones . i would rather see stipe fight someone new too. it sucks when fighter spend years of their careers fighting the same guy over and over. it sucks and it kills the division. let francis get a title shot first

homo fagit

Writer, and adventurer
Jul 17, 2018
at this point i would rather see DC fight anybody else than stipe or jones . i would rather see stipe fight someone new too. it sucks when fighter spend years of their careers fighting the same guy over and over. it sucks and it kills the division. let francis get a title shot first
This has to stop. Cain and JDS used to fight each other for a couple of years. Before that it was Sylvia and Arlovski. I thought we might've had enough of these rematches for a while

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
This has to stop. Cain and JDS used to fight each other for a couple of years. Before that it was Sylvia and Arlovski. I thought we might've had enough of these rematches for a while
Don't forget Cain vs Bigface, there were 10 years of Cains career when he fought nobody but JDS, Bigface and the leg machine at ATT