White says UFC has been talking to St-Pierre

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

At this point, it’s impossible to tell whether or not former UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre will make a comeback to mixed martial arts competition. But it’s becoming more and more unlikely as each day passes. UFC president Dana White has discussed St-Pierre’s potential return countless times since the Canadian’s retirement at the end of 2013, and at times, White has been confident St-Pierre would eventually return, while other times, it has been completely the other way around.

St-Pierre said last year that he intended on fighting in the UFC again and even enrolled in the USADA drug testing program, but negotiations went south, as communication was lost after the UFC sale in July. He also declared himself a free agent, though the UFC shortly thereafter stated that he…

Dana on GSP: We ‘got everything straight between us’

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
According to what Bisping said on his radio show a couple of days ago the deal is almost done for GSP to return.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
According to what Bisping said on his radio show a couple of days ago the deal is almost done for GSP to return.
With Ronda, Conor gone, and Nick & Nate holding out for fair pay...the UFC desperately needs a big PPV draw for 2017. If his return is true, I bet the UFC ended up agreeing to GSP's demands and making concessions.

C

Ceiling Fan

The UFC needs GSP more than GSP needs the UFC, and he knows that. If he comes back, he should get a payday way bigger than his final salary of $400k.

And yes, obviously he was paid more than that, but with Reebok swimming around now he'd only make what, 30k on sponsors instead of the massive ones he had with Under Armour and others?

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
With Ronda, Conor gone, and Nick & Nate holding out for fair pay...the UFC desperately needs a big PPV draw for 2017. If his return is true, I bet the UFC ended up agreeing to GSP's demands and making concessions.
I should also say that he mentioned that he heard about the deal from GSP's people because he's still talking to them and angling for a fight against him.
But if that deal isn't completely nailed down in time it'll be Bisping vs Yoel on May 13th. Same as STIOPIC vs JDS.

Combo

Jan 22, 2017
Hopefully Bisping faces Romero in the meantime. Not so GSP can't get a shot, but so Mike fights a LEGIT challenger in Romero.

GSP can come and face Conor, but in Canada.

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
GSP making a comeback is getting as tired as the years of back and forth between Rousey and Cyborg. Shit or get off the pot.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I should also say that he mentioned that he heard about the deal from GSP's people because he's still talking to them and angling for a fight against him.
But if that deal isn't completely nailed down in time it'll be Bisping vs Yoel on May 13th. Same as STIOPIC vs JDS.
Bisping vs st Pierre does not interest me.
Man, he really wants to avoid Romero at all costs.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I can't blame him really.
A fight with GSP would definitely make more money for him and pose less physical risk. At his age and with the damage he's already sustained he's definitely trying to set himself up for the future. On a human level I completely get it and agree with it. But the fight fan knows that his next opponent needs to be Yoel or Jacare. Anyone else is ridiculous.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
I am so over anything "GSP" at this point.

Until I hear he has a fight contract signed and confirmed, its all just talk.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Literally no interest at all to see him again.

If we thought he was a lay n pray guy towards the end he will be even more of a humper at this stage. His fight will be worse than a jake shields fight.

Combo

Jan 22, 2017
I can't blame him really.
A fight with GSP would definitely make more money for him and pose less physical risk. At his age and with the damage he's already sustained he's definitely trying to set himself up for the future. On a human level I completely get it and agree with it. But the fight fan knows that his next opponent needs to be Yoel or Jacare. Anyone else is ridiculous.
Agreed.

Mike gives it the "I've been around for ages", more like you've only been able to beat the top names when they're ancient (bar Luke).

Fuck him. I hate Bisping. He acts like the toughest guy in the world, yet he will NEVER be a top 10 MW of all time. He is shit.

I genuinely hope Romero hammers him bad.