White: Silva urging fans to refund UFC 212 tickets is ‘dirty’ and a ‘horrible thing to do’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Anderson Silva was recently officially pulled from next month’s UFC 212 after a search for a short-notice replacement was unsuccessful. The UFC is offering refunds for the event for the next week, and the former UFC middleweight champion has suggested that all of his fans capitalize on that.

“The Spider” was scheduled to face Kelvin Gastelum in the co-main event, but Gastelum was removed from the card after failing a drug test for marijuana. Earlier this week, USADA suspended him for six months.

A number of options were discussed, from Luke Rockhold to Ovince Saint Preux, but the perfect matchup wasn’t found.

“You have every right to get your ticket money back. In fact,…

White: Silva urging fans to refund UFC 212 tickets is ‘dirty’

ender852

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2015
why? fuck that, if i bought a ticket to see the greatest fighter ever to walk the earth and dana kibosh's him off the card for no reason, i should get a refund. the only say a fan can have at all in the running of their business is to let their money talk for them. Let Anderson fight you dicks!

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
it's dirty.

and if there's an expert on playing dirty, it's Egg White.
This.
What's dirty is letting a fighter start a fight camp and promise him a fight (another in a long line of fights he promised Silva) and not delivering.
This is one way to create fighter revolt, and more fighters should do this.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
It's hilarious that anyone is taking the side of the human trash that is the egg.

Good on Anderson for taking a stand.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
why? fuck that, if i bought a ticket to see the greatest fighter ever to walk the earth and he's taken off the card, i should get a refund. the only say a fan can have at all in the running of their business is to let their money talk for them.
They gave refunds at Bellator 172..

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I think Silva has every right to say that, when he fights its his job to promote, now its his job to inform they can get refunds

Chromium

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
Dana's just reaping what he sowed. Frankly this is pretty mild compared to what could happen if fighters got properly organized.

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
Did anyone see when they got a shot of kelvin gastelem in the crowd last night, they immediately cut the feed?

Chromium

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
Oh god, I just read the article. Dana invoking how the other fighters on the card might be affected on this is fucking ridiculous. None of them get a cut of the gate, their pay is not affected whatsoever by this. It's a totally disingenuous bullshit argument.

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It's kind of frustrating watching the tail end of Anderson's career play out like this. As great as he was you would think that he would be treated a little better.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Oh god, I just read the article. Dana invoking how the other fighters on the card might be affected on this is fucking ridiculous. None of them get a cut of the gate, their pay is not affected whatsoever by this. It's a totally disingenuous bullshit argument.
Exactly, another lie by the greedy lie master

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
It's at an event in Brazil. All them tickets are free anyway.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
um, did he 'get pulled', or did he 'pull out' on his own?

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
If I bought a ticket because Anderson was scheduled to fight, then it turned out he wasn't, and the rest of the card looked the way this one does, I'd ask for my money back.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Like they couldnt find anderson an opponent after all he has done for the ufc.dana is such a cockfaggot