Whittaker interested in moving up a third division to face Jon Jones

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Israel Adesanya and Jon Jones have had quite a bit of back and forth in the media as of late, but if you ask the actual UFC middleweight champion in Robert Whittaker, that’s not going to be competitive at all.

“I think Jon Jones would kill him,” Whittaker laughed as he spoke to Submission Radio. “Yeah, I think it’s silly, but then Israel just kind of take jabs and bites out of everyone, doesn’t he? Yeah, he’s got a big mouth.”

On the same interview, Whittaker gave a “guarantee” that he’d quickly beat Adesanya when they eventually face off. After what he expects to be a “short and sweet” night, he says he’d then entertain a possible super-fight against Jon Jones.

“(Jones) kind of cleaned out his division.…

Super-fight? Robert Whittaker interested in moving up to face Jon Jones after Adesanya bout

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I wouldn't like this match up at all for Bobby Knucks. Jones' size, length and creativity would be too much for him IMO.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I wouldn't like this match up at all for Bobby Knucks. Jones' size, length and creativity would be too much for him IMO.
nobody without similar size is gonna get close enough often enough to beat Jon...his range and willingness to kick out a knee changes almost all of his fights before they get going
Bobby isn't long enough IMO...I also don't like this for him

Santos has a wild chance at a win because his rushes are pretty savage...but his lack of reach is gonna make it rough to get in range

needs to be a longer fighter with power to beat Jon

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I want yoel to go up and challenge jones. Yoel is a nightmare for anyone; probably the scariest fighter in the ufc. Having said that, why not? Let bobby go up and challenge. If jones isn't willing to go to heavyweight, at least it makes things more interesting.

* side note, jones has a killer coming up in his next fight. 8mo, the guy with the best chance to dethrone him in the division.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I wonder

When Jones suffers defeat will he fall off as we have seen with other great champions?

It's like losing the title changes them forever

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I want yoel to go up and challenge jones. Yoel is a nightmare for anyone; probably the scariest fighter in the ufc. Having said that, why not? Let bobby go up and challenge. If jones isn't willing to go to heavyweight, at least it makes things more interesting.

* side note, jones has a killer coming up in his next fight. 8mo, the guy with the best chance to dethrone him in the division.
Yoel would never beat Jones. He's a slow starter who throws in flurries that take his opponents off guard. With his reach, Jon would be able to neutralize his movement (trashing his knees) and pick him apart before he had a chance to get anything done.

At 205, Rumble is the only one I can see beating Jones (and is still only give him a 5% chance). His one punch KO power combined with his willingness to trade (until he folds) gives him the best chance.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Yoel would never beat Jones. He's a slow starter who throws in flurries that take his opponents off guard. With his reach, Jon would be able to neutralize his movement (trashing his knees) and pick him apart before he had a chance to get anything done.

At 205, Rumble is the only one I can see beating Jones (and is still only give him a 5% chance). His one punch KO power combined with his willingness to trade (until he folds) gives him the best chance.
Rumble scared to trade with Dan Hardy. He's a mental midget and wife beating bully. Jones would kill him

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
How many defenses has Bobby got? I dont think his cannon of work at MW is enough for hold water for multi weight jumps just yet.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015

Yoel has a slow/turbo style that makes him difficult to gauge. You never know when he is going to explode. I disagree with your assessment.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Yoel has a slow/turbo style that makes him difficult to gauge. You never know when he is going to explode. I disagree with your assessment.
Cool, you may be right that he could catch Jon.

Our disagreement exemplifies what makes mma exciting. You never know who will dig deep and pull out the win.

We can talk about odds, past fights, records and our opinions on fighters, but no one knows what will happen when that cage door shuts. We can wax poetic about any fighters skill but the truth is on display when that bell rings and they go to war for their pride and our entertainment.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Nobody underneath 205 beats jones
Cmon people, wake the fuck up
I like Robert knuckles but no way me ole son, no way