Whittaker out until 2019 with hand injury

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

After his five-round war with Yoel Romero last month at UFC 225, it was unknown as to whether middleweight champion Robert Whittaker would be able to squeeze another fight in for 2018. Now, it’s more than clear, as the “Reaper” will be sidelined until at least 2019 with a hand injury.

Whittaker (20-4) broke his right hand in the first round of his fight with Romero last month, a fight in which the Australian got the nod by split decision. The bout was supposed to be Whittaker’s first scheduled title defense of his 185-pound belt, but since Romero missed weight, the fight was deemed a non-title bout.

“I haven’t even started the rehab process yet,” Whittaker told Ariel Helwani of…

Robert Whittaker out until 2019 with hand injury

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Love me some Bobby Knuckles but damn it seems like he’s always injured.
It’s because he isn’t scared to get hit and brings the heat.....he’s always been that way.....you will get hurt doing that but I love watching him fight

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Pfft. I went to school after being struck by lightning. I made it to work after being hit by a truck, albeit a Ford f150. I danced with The Reaper on many more occasions and walked away. I'd start to believe in my own immortality, but that's when you fucking die.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Maybe we can get Yoel v Kennedy 2 with no stools and a 3 lb over weight allowance. Lets settle this once and for all.
Screw that. Total open weight, and both guys get a handgun of their choice and combat starts with each 2 miles from each other in dense Woodlands.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
I see the masses already beat me to the interim title comment lol....