VID Whittaker releases statement from hospital

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

JerryCranberry

Jan 22, 2019
As the UFC has grown and started to put on more and more shows each year, we (the fans) have had our enthusiasm and patience tried over and over again by countless fight cancellations due to injuries or other less sympathetic reasons.

It may be the worst thing about following this sport. We’ve had to learn to control our excitement regarding fights to some degree until both men are actually in the cage. We’ve been burned too many times. I myself have attended a show where a title fight got cancelled. It’s easy to let the frustration of this happening so regularly kill your sympathy for the fighters.

In this case, however, it actually feels lucky that it happened. If this really would have been life threatening, we could be dealing with a total tragedy right now had he fought. It was nice to see Rob in good spirits in that video. He had an enormous opportunity taken from him, but it sounds like he’s at peace with it considering the severity of his situation. His strong mindset should serve him well as he prepares for what’s next.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
As the UFC has grown and started to put on more and more shows each year, we (the fans) have had our enthusiasm and patience tried over and over again by countless fight cancellations due to injuries or other less sympathetic reasons.

It may be the worst thing about following this sport. We’ve had to learn to control our excitement regarding fights to some degree until both men are actually in the cage. We’ve been burned too many times. I myself have attended a show where a title fight got cancelled. It’s easy to let the frustration of this happening so regularly kill your sympathy for the fighters.

In this case, however, it actually feels lucky that it happened. If this really would have been life threatening, we could be dealing with a total tragedy right now had he fought. It was nice to see Rob in good spirits in that video. He had an enormous opportunity taken from him, but it sounds like he’s at peace with it considering the severity of his situation. His strong mindset should serve him well as he prepares for what’s next.
Good post man.