who here are jbj fans?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I understand he has been morally incorrect especially lately...He is a villian to finest degree but his talent is so incredible it kinda overshadows his flaws to extent..It reminds me of the tyson era when no matter what you tuned to see a specticle very rarely seen or in hope of seeing what has yet to happen..them to be bested...I am a fan of both Iron Mike and JBJ to the full extent..I can not defend their flaws and mistakes because that is not something a man should do fr another man..a man needs no defense only support ...only through their actions can they truely TRY to change ppls petspectives on them..and that only will happen if jbj can pull it together and realize his talent has a timeframe and his work ethic (im not cricritiquing) hasnt even peaked...if he moves to NM and has learned his lesson he could reach heights that are beyond comprehension..that is a scary thought...Call me crazy but iron mike could be a mentor to him cuz he has parallels that are eerily similiar in regards to their careers..i..if this was UG id be getting clowned bad..take it ez on me...I hate to but i got to say it ROLL DAMN BONES!

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
All humans are flawed....I never miss one of his fights and consider myself a fan.

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
someone was saying that coke is all over new mexico, so he may just be adding to one of his problems by moving there.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Priziesthorse;n9166 said:
All humans are flawed....I never miss one of his fights and consider myself a fan.
Cheers bud...hate em or love you gotta watch em cuz greatness is rare..

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm not a fan of his personality, but he is the best fighter on Earth.

I also don't think the coke thing is that big of a deal as long as it's recreational. He is just a young person being young. He is still figuring out who he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Shy Guy;n9174 said:
I'm not a fan of his personality, but he is the best fighter on Earth.

I also don't think the coke thing is that big of a deal as long as it's recreational. He is just a young person being young. He is still figuring out who he is.

I hope he continues to grow as a man and fighter..honestly the booger sugar aspect i cant really speak on becuz i see both ends of the spectrum..but i firmly believe when it comes down to meeting your equal every little aspect comes into play..almost a carma thing..i tell my lil bro that when you are in a war on the wrestling mat it could come down to who deserves it and if not having a soda is the deciding factor..also because u sacrificed that minor or major pleasure..Hard work beats talent when talent refuses to work hard...he is a hard wrker and top 3GOAT but it be shame if couple nights of the boogy sugy gives the edge to his opponents matter how slight it may be...Rumble is a great guy and fighter and if jbj isnt in top form and doing right he could go night night...But i gotta feeling we will see the best jbj yet and hewill gain a lot more critics and haters and his make his fans proud..fingers crossed lol

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
ministry of silly walks;n9182 said:
he's 27. he knows who he is by now.
A fkn rockstar..would be the Axl Rose of MMA :p

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Great fighter, but he fucking sucks as a person it seems. I never miss his fights, but I hope Rumble knocks him out.... Wouldn't be surprised is Bones wins convincingly though

Ministry of Silly Walks

First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
a lot of people act like rumble is slower than gus and jones for some reason. i think anthony will shock the world again.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
The way I see it is I am a fan of tons of actors,musicians, and other athletes based solely on their work and skills. Im sure theres a good portion of them that have shitty personalities and are drug addicts, but the reality is I dont really follow their lives that closely. I think as hardcore fans in a niche sport like mma, we have pretty good access into the lives of the superstars of our sport. I personally watch all the pre fight interviews, post fight press conferences, read twitter feeds, etc. I think its easy for us fans to gauge a fighters personality accurately and make a decision how we feel about them as a person. I know Jon rubs people the wrong way and I often think to myself "what a dick" when he opens his mouth sometimes, but as a huge fan of mma there is no denying we are all witnessing greatness when he steps into the cage and for that reason, I am a fan.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Sure I am. Leading into the bader fight and eventual title shot he was one of my favorite fighters. But then, oh then he goes on a massive tear destroying all these ex champs for fun and preaching, I was like wtf this guys kind of a dick. After time though hes proven to be full of shit and to be honest its made me a fan again I think its funny when hes in the media. Fuck he should embrace the hatred more, walk out in a ric flair robe and start throwing some woo's in fights. Might as well be the hate figure if people dont like ya

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Song2;n9226 said:
Sure I am. Leading into the bader fight and eventual title shot he was one of my favorite fighters. But then, oh then he goes on a massive tear destroying all these ex champs for fun and preaching, I was like wtf this guys kind of a dick. After time though hes proven to be full of shit and to be honest its made me a fan again I think its funny when hes in the media. Fuck he should embrace the hatred more, walk out in a ric flair robe and start throwing some woo's in fights. Might as well be the hate figure if people dont like ya
Exactly...Cant wait for him vs rumble..gonna be epic..hard to root against a guy like Rumble..

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Was a fan early on based on his talent alone. The more I heard him talk, coupled with his behavior outside of the cage with his dirty tactics(eye pokes specifically) in the cage, has me wanting to see him lose and not just lose, but S-M-A-S-H-E-D!

I'm confident it will happen, as all the greats eventually lose. WAR Rumble!! :biglaugh:

I don't fault anyone for being his fan though, his talent is immense. I just can't get behind someone who I feel is a phoney.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
oi
seekntruth;n9243 said:
Was a fan early on based on his talent alone. The more I heard him talk, coupled with his behavior outside of the cage with his dirty tactics(eye pokes specifically) in the cage, has me wanting to see him lose and not just lose, but S-M-A-S-H-E-D!

I'm confident it will happen, as all the greats eventually lose. WAR Rumble!! :biglaugh:

I don't fault anyone for being his fan though, his talent is immense. I just can't get behind someone who I feel is a phoney.
I feel pretty similar. Not even going to try to knock JJ the fighter, absolute monster in there who always performs well against the best and keeps getting the win and does crazy shit. Actually I will knock something, the eye pokes. Yes its beat to death buy FFS how does the guy who is literally the best out there not able to simply keep his fingers in check? Ok, that's where I'll leave that. When he first came onto the scene I was a big fan. His moves against Bonnar were nuts, he raped the janitor, Bader looked like a high school kid getting taught a lesson by coach and so on. The point that I started to go from fan to skeptic was when he talked about ratting out other dudes for blazing. I can't really explain it well but that and then all the other shit which I'm sure I don't need to get into makes me unable to root for him to be successful. I'm the fan that eats up a good event or fighter in all aspects that I can. Pre/post fight interviews and pressers, podcasts, The Voice, Toe 2 Toe etc.....All I can base my opinion about somebody on is up to them. If they do or say shit that I just wouldn't do or agree with and do it on a regular basis then I grow to not like them and then will root against them. Some people go off on Jones "haters" for a million reasons like him beating all the old school guys but that's not even close. Look at a guy like Dana, I'd never ever go out of my way or even think about approaching him because he comes off like somebody that I 'd never want to get to know based on the BS he puts on display for all to see. Why would somebody want to meet or cheer on a person that they see as a disrespectful, lying, manipulative person? Just my .02 Jones is very exciting to watch fight but I'll be happy the day he gets his first real loss and has some reflecting to do. Karma is always there waiting, watching.....

Letsgobois

Jan 20, 2015
A big fan of what he can do inside the cage, but it stops there. I hope Rumble knocks him out and humbles him up a little bit because AJ deserves it x1000.

Ministry of Silly Walks

First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
ECC170;n9240 said:
Exactly...Cant wait for him vs rumble..gonna be epic..hard to root against a guy like Rumble..
yeah. rumble's been my favorite since gsp quit. he's always been really good, but at light heavy he's not a man, he's a fucking beast.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Letsgobois;n9286 said:
A big fan of what he can do inside the cage, but it stops there. I hope Rumble knocks him out and humbles him up a little bit because AJ deserves it x1000.

Surely if you are basing your fandom insode the cage you would want cokebones to win over rumblesblondes?

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I didnt like him before because of the good guy act, the more he fucks up the more i seem to like him and root for him.

BUT i like rumble more hope he gets that title.

chaplinshouse

Jan 29, 2015
In the cage he's done well but I think he has the most unfair tool (crazy length) in the history of the division, and he eye pokes everyone. I do not think he'd be more than a gatekeeper if he had a normal sized body like Rashad Evans. We saw what happens when you take his reach away (alex), I feel he lost that fight. Watched it back a few times. He does use his reach well, not all crazy long limb guys know how to use it. He does have heart in cage, and creativity. So i'm not saying he's worthless in cage, but NO ONE would have him in GOAT talks if he had a normal LHW body, and that advantage is way more than any roids he could take. That's one of the reasons I consider Frankie Edgar a better pure fighter than JBJ

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Im not a fan of his, hes a good fighter but Im sure he will finally met his match soon like Silva did. There are alot of up and comers that are out there that will one day take his spot and it will be fun to watch as the hungry get even more hungry

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
chaplinshouse;n9482 said:
In the cage he's done well but I think he has the most unfair tool (crazy length) in the history of the division, and he eye pokes everyone. I do not think he'd be more than a gatekeeper if he had a normal sized body like Rashad Evans. We saw what happens when you take his reach away (alex), I feel he lost that fight. Watched it back a few times. He does use his reach well, not all crazy long limb guys know how to use it. He does have heart in cage, and creativity. So i'm not saying he's worthless in cage, but NO ONE would have him in GOAT talks if he had a normal LHW body, and that advantage is way more than any roids he could take. That's one of the reasons I consider Frankie Edgar a better pure fighter than JBJ
You know youre good whenever the physical gifts you were brn with are used against him in a duscussion...thats like sayn jordan wouldnt been so great if he couldnt jump so high..or Cain only wins because he has the lungs that never tire...Whos to say jbj isnt what an elite fighter at LHW is supposed to be...Rashad could make 85 where his reach disadvantage would be no more and maybe win tile..then again Wridman Is a huge MW so he would be at dISADVANTAGE again...If Ali wasnt so fast and pumped his jam so much he wouldnt been greatest ever..Mike tyson was always undersized at HW and rarely if ever had reach adv...and we seen what head movement and body punching did for him to negate the reach...My dad always said If worms had machine guns birds wouldn't fuck with em..we can play what if all day but he cant help comes from a fam of freak athletes...And if the pay was similar to other pro sports youd see a lot more like bones...not being dick but my buddies say same thing bout Well if jbj wasnt so big for his weight class he wouldnt dominate...i tell em quit reaching (no pun intended) for any reason to not give him his due...I like hearing ppl point of view brudda and discussing it...just think of it like this Lebron is a phenom and freak athlete with extrodinary limbs and nobody uses that against him...then again he doest piss hot for booger sugar so i understand where ppl are comin from..thx for your insight though fren..cheers

chaplinshouse

Jan 29, 2015
Jordan would still be great if he had no hops, to me this is different. Jordan's will to win is what separated him from mortals. The hops/dunks were just fancy icing on an already perfect cake and didn't help him to score more. I do agree that JBJ's body is what a fighter's body should be. It is made for fighting. I don't fault Jon for how he was born, I'm just saying if you take that away, he's not a champ. That's all. Length has nothing to do with a skill. Skills can be developed. If your opponent can touch you long before you're in range to touch him, you're at a serious disadvantage in martial arts