Who is the TOUGHER Fight for Khabib? Tony or GSP

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Tougher Opponent

• GSP

Votes: 33 86.8%
  • Tony

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters

TheCompleteKO

Sep 17, 2018
TMMAC,

Simple quick question for discussion.

WHO would be the tougher challenge for current LW contender Khabib?
is it Tony Ferguson or GSP?

Tony vs Khabib at 155
GSP vs Khabib at 165

The unorthodox, blood-thirsty, elbow throwing wing-chun fighter , 10th planet black belt Ferguson:
- Does he have the distance control to throw Khabib off?
- Is his ground game enough of a threat to counter the TD's of Khabib?
- Are his strikes enough to continuously mash Khabib into desperation?
- Can his cardio match Khabibs?

Former WW Champ, Former MW Champ, considerably the GOAT, GSP:
- Who has the better wrestling?
- Is his striking better than Khabibs?
- Will he mentally break if he gets taken down by Khabib?
- How much of a size advantage will he have?

Thoughts ?

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
TMMAC,

Simple quick question for discussion.

WHO would be the tougher challenge for current LW contender Khabib?
is it Tony Ferguson or GSP?

Tony vs Khabib at 155
GSP vs Khabib at 165

The unorthodox, blood-thirsty, elbow throwing wing-chun fighter , 10th planet black belt Ferguson:
- Does he have the distance control to throw Khabib off?
- Is his ground game enough of a threat to counter the TD's of Khabib?
- Are his strikes enough to continuously mash Khabib into desperation?
- Can his cardio match Khabibs?

Former WW Champ, Former MW Champ, considerably the GOAT, GSP:
- Who has the better wrestling?
- Is his striking better than Khabibs?
- Will he mentally break if he gets taken down by Khabib?
- How much of a size advantage will he have?

Thoughts ?
you should edit this to poll.

I'd say gsp at ww

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Tony easily ..

GSP looked like dog shit against bisping and was gassing hard before he pulled a hailMarry outta his ass.

Tony is in his prime am can actually do damage off his back if taken down.

GSP is a cherry picking jobbroni who would get mauled by the Russian bear if the two would meet

Last edited:

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016
Tony easily ..

GSP looked like dog shit against bisping and was gassing hard before he pulled a hailMarry outta his ass.

GSP is a cherry picking jobbroni who would get mauled by the Russian bear if the two would meet

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Tony easily ..

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Hard to say. GSP is the bigger threat rounds 1-2, Tony is the bigger threat if he makes it to 4-5.

Tony's cardio is not a question after the RDA fight at high elevation. But he looked absolutely terrible against Lee.

I would be pretty happy for Tony to beat Khabib. Out of the three, he's the one I would like to see come out on top the most.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Tony.

He has better standup than khabib and is light in the feet and moves a lot.

Gsp and khabib are both great wrestlers. Trouble for gsp is well look at his face after how how ten fights. Gsp ain't.taking down khabib and keeping him there and look what khabib did to edson barboza with pressure.

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016
Tony.

He has better standup than khabib and is light in the feet and moves a lot.

Gsp and khabib are both great wrestlers. Trouble for gsp is well look at his face after how how ten fights. Gsp ain't.taking down khabib and keeping him there and look what khabib did to edson barboza with pressure.

Bobby Lupo

Don't be a scare
Oct 25, 2015
GSP is the much harder fight. Khabib will steamroll Ferg, but GSP is a different animal: he's faster, stronger, beat better competition, and is more well rounded than Khabib. GSP could box Khabib up for 5 rounds if he chooses to.

They're both tough but IMO GSP outwrestles him and Khabib has no idea what do against him.
Of all the things I have a difficult time seeing, that one is up there. I think people don't give Khabib the credit he deserves for how relentless he is in working from those single legs, high crotches, and body locks.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Tony easily ..

See, I voted Tony as well but GSP is winning this poll by a landslide. People really think he’s a more difficult opponent? I think Tony is so well rounded and unorthodox, that he would cause Khabib a lot of problems.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
See, I voted Tony as well but GSP is winning this poll by a landslide. People really think he’s a more difficult opponent? I think Tony is so well rounded and unorthodox, that he would cause Khabib a lot of problems.
an unorthodox lamb to the slaughter.

GSP is a shaved man-bear

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Of all the things I have a difficult time seeing, that one is up there. I think people don't give Khabib the credit he deserves for how relentless he is in working from those single legs, high crotches, and body locks.
People give Khabib entirely too much credit for, well pretty much everything.

People give Khabib entirely too much credit for, well pretty much everything.
To be fair, I don't know what people say or don't say about Khabib. I think his tenacity and ability to be relentless (skill and conditioning) from those positions is not to be underestimated.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
To be fair, I don't know what people say or don't say about Khabib. I think his tenacity and ability to be relentless (skill and conditioning) from those positions is not to be underestimated.
Hard to say. He doesn't exactly have a long list of wins against guys known for their gas tanks

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
GSP has no KO power; certainly not more than Conor or Edson or Al.
GSP is old and looked gassed against Bisping.

That reduces a Khabib/GSP bout to a wrestling and GnP match, which Khabib will certainly win, being younger and having better cardio.

Who the fuck wants to see that?