General Who uses DuckDuckGo?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I use it when I feel search result manipulation is in effect on a certain topic.
Google is directing searches and attention where they want.

interesting to do the same search on both and compare results, very enlightening.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I'm hearing good things

I'm just making a stupid joke. It will never take off.
unfortunately the reality is that the same stuff that we worry about with privacy also enables dramatic customization and help from technology.
As you increase privacy you decrease integration with other products and the vast majority of users are not willing to make that trade as is evidenced by the marketplace.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Good way to find torrent sites that Google blocks

I like that almost every one of your responses to technology threads seems to involve privacy and questionable activities.
I remember that you were pretty hyped up on monero before a lot of people were. Cutting edge of sticking it to the man.

M

member 3289

I like that almost every one of your responses to technology threads seems to involve privacy and questionable activities.
I remember that you were pretty hyped up on monero before a lot of people were. Cutting edge of sticking it to the man.
Currently in the applications process for a federal job. After this post I hope they don't find me on here, goof

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I've used it for years. It came default on a Linux distro I tried and I've just used it since then.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I use it when I use the Brave browser on mobile or desktop. Imo, best practice is making browser, search engine or VPN choice context dependent. It doesn't have to be all or nothing on privacy. If you want service integration around some aspects of yourself, feel free to just use Google, but think of it as going into a widely shared file everytime you do. If you have some things you're more comfortable having not shared, then you can make interventions at the search engine, browser, and network level to determine who can access the information.

When you're using Tor plus duckduckgo on a VPN, it's probably because you don't want to go to jail.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
I'm just making a stupid joke. It will never take off.
unfortunately the reality is that the same stuff that we worry about with privacy also enables dramatic customization and help from technology.
As you increase privacy you decrease integration with other products and the vast majority of users are not willing to make that trade as is evidenced by the marketplace.
This sounds like some half confession that you are up to something with this site. We all know the original intent was just so you could talk to pvz but now that that has failed you are on to some sketchier shit.