Who was the first to do a superman punch in mma?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I type fast and tend to be a long winded typer. I don't like that Twitter cuts off your character limit.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Is this successful?

The superman punch misses. Has to followup with a left and a short elbow to land

Bas was the first documented uses of the superman punch and randleman slips it and clinches. Hughes looks like the first to land it.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Is this successful?

The superman punch misses. Has to followup with a left and a short elbow to land

Bas was the first documented uses of the superman punch and randleman slips it and clinches. Hughes looks like the first to land it.
You are correct it seems. GSPs superman does not land clean but it does setup the rest of that particular exchange, Bas seems to miss entirely and Hughes lands. I still have minimal confidence that any of these guys can be considered the first and hoping some of our old school guys can chime in with some knowledge.

GSP!GSP!.....sorry couldn't resist.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
You are correct it seems. GSPs superman does not land clean but it does setup the rest of that particular exchange, Bas seems to miss entirely

Only because GSP wasn't facing a D1 Wrestler. The kid in the corner just covers because 'stuff' is coming at him.

Bas throws it and as he does Randleman shoots for a double leg that Bas then has to wrestle with to a prevent getting taken down. He's just going against a much better opponent who happens to have the exact skill set you want to respond to a superman punch (one of the few times an MMA fighter decides, "hey, I should totally jump off the ground")

Who was the first to do a superman punch in MMA? Of course it was El Guapo! ;) He's always the first.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Only because GSP wasn't facing a D1 Wrestler. The kid in the corner just covers because 'stuff' is coming at him.

Bas throws it and as he does Randleman shoots for a double leg that Bas then has to wrestle with to a prevent getting taken down. He's just going against a much better opponent who happens to have the exact skill set you want to respond to a superman punch (one of the few times an MMA fighter decides, "hey, I should totally jump off the ground")

Who was the first to do a superman punch in MMA? Of course it was El Guapo! ;) He's always the first.
I honestly hope you're right. I have a hard time denying anything good about a guy like Bas.

Dat hair...

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Has donkey from Shrek ever done a donkey punch? I'd donkey punch princess fiona.

Well before she got fat and green at least.

I love Fiona. Except when she turned into a psycho bitch on Shrek.
They liberal-ed the crap out of both those characters.

"What?
Now you don't love me because I'm human?"

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
there's no way you could have typed that without a cocky look on your face. no chance.