Who Wins Jake Paul or Ben Askren?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Who Wins Jake Paul or Ben Askren?

• Total voters

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
He is dumb, and naive .

Say what ever you want about Askrens boxing , he has been fighting since he was a child, he has been sparring for years.

I’d be surprised if he gets hit with a decent shot from this guy.
At least the guy can throw a decent shot

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
Not really, he won’t be able to muster one on his back foot either, pressure will kill him, he won’t know how to react to it.
Seriously though I know I should be in agreement but I feel like pretty much everyone on the entire planet would beat Askren in a boxing contest

like even this guy

until I see him beat Jake Paul I'm not gonna believe it's possible

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
Seriously though I know I should be in agreement but I feel like pretty much everyone on the entire planet would beat Askren in a boxing contest

like even this guy

until I see him beat Jake Paul I'm not gonna believe it's possible
Yeah, it’s one of things man, I just can’t see a way Paul could beat any kind of fighter.

You give a guy with Askrens experience in combat a few months to prepare against a hobbyist YouTuber that doesn’t even have an ammy background in the sport, it’s a no brainier.

Askren was always trying to wrestle in MMA, his striking was a means to an end, when he starts adjusting his style to box the only question for me is will his natural instincts kick in and those moments and openings that he sees end up being a hesitation instead of a strike because he is caught in 2 minds as to what he is going to do, box or wrestle.

Paul has wanged his way to a couple of wins, he hasn’t had a fight yet, it all goes out the window when you face adversity and Ben will absolutely bring that to him, he has a head like a rock regardless, Paul probably can’t hurt him even if he can land flush.

I’m actually ashamed of myself for even talking or thinking about this fucking fight, it’s a waste of time and energy, fair play to Askren for getting paid regardless.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
At least the guy can throw a decent shot
I'm with BenAskrensStrikingcoach @The Kurgan on this one. Look at the presser - Jake is tense and reflexive, Ben is chill and nonplus by Jake's antics.
It's a fight (under boxing rules), and Ben is an elite fighter under several rule sets. And the man has been training to fight 3m rounds (wrestling) and 25m fights (MMA) his whole life. He'll put a pace on Jake, and Jake will wilt and shatter.
Ben mauls and ties up Paul for 2 rounds, then just starts walking him down and slugging the soul out of him.
Jake quits on the stool before the 7th.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
I'm with BenAskrensStrikingcoach @The Kurgan on this one. Look at the presser - Jake is tense and reflexive, Ben is chill and nonplus by Jake's antics.
It's a fight (under boxing rules), and Ben is an elite fighter under several rule sets. And the man has been training to fight 3m rounds (wrestling) and 25m fights (MMA) his whole life. He'll put a pace on Jake, and Jake will wilt and shatter.
Ben mauls and ties up Paul for 2 rounds, then just starts walking him down and slugging the soul out of him.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
none of this happened after his hip surgery though

yeah I know, but it's all I got

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
I never said he'd hurt Askren or finish him :(
How else does he get Ben out of his face, he will want to fight at his own pace at some stage.

There isn’t the technique or power there to do it, Askren will keep him in a place he doesn’t want to be and he will flail like a retard trying to get out of it , before he drowns.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
How else does he get Ben out of his face, he will want to fight at his own pace at some stage.

There isn’t the technique or power there to do it, Askren will keep him in a place he doesn’t want to be and he will flail like a retard trying to get out of it , before he drowns.
I've been watching his training footage, I'm not convinced he can pressure Jake with punches at all. His jab looks super slow and awful, he doesn't seem to have any kind of footwork, his shots have no pop at all and ... well he's coming off a hip surgery.

I think the best assessment I've seen was that he's just trying to make some extra money to spend on bitcoin

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
I've been watching his training footage, I'm not convinced he can pressure Jake with punches at all. His jab looks super slow and awful, he doesn't seem to have any kind of footwork, his shots have no pop at all and ... well he's coming off a hip surgery.

I think the best assessment I've seen was that he's just trying to make some extra money to spend on bitcoin
He will do what he has done best for 20 years, get to the body, only in this fight he will clinch and strike instead of looking for takedowns, he isn’t going to put a master class on in the outside, he won’t have to.

The hip surgery is another intangible, have to agree there, but it’s not Bens first injury he’s had to rehab , he has had a lot of practice getting into fight shape over the years.

I have to stop now, I will end up watching this shit show

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
He will do what he has done best for 20 years, get to the body, only in this fight he will clinch and strike instead of looking for takedowns, he isn’t going to put a master class on in the outside, he won’t have to.
makes me wonder who will be the ref

if it's Joe Cortez and Jake Paul has paid him off he'll be separating them soon as they clinch, but if Askren has paid him off he'll allow entire rounds of clinching. I hope it's Joe Cortez (and Jake Paul has paid him off)

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
makes me wonder who will be the ref

if it's Joe Cortez and Jake Paul has paid him off he'll be separating them soon as they clinch, but if Askren has paid him off he'll allow entire rounds of clinching. I hope it's Joe Cortez (and Jake Paul has paid him off)
it won't matter.

they're not going to DQ Ben for clinching.

Ben will hook on the neck and make Jake drag his weight around.

All Ben has to do to 'fight out of the clinch' is flop his arm on the side the ref sees and hang on the other.
Jake can out-box Ben Askren, but he can't out-fight the adrenaline dump.

Fuck. I almost care now.
stop it.