Society Who's The Bigger Threat To Western Democracy?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Who's A Bigger Potential Problem?

• Russia

• China

Results are only viewable after voting.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Most of us would be I guess.

^
This poor tho?
I'd be close to or below what's reconsidered the poverty line in Canada so you can do with that information what you will.

Thinking about it, I'm not even sure losing 2/3 of my buying power would even let me stay where I am.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I'd be close to or below what's reconsidered the poverty line in Canada so you can do with that information what you will.

Thinking about it, I'm not even sure losing 2/3 of my buying power would even let me stay where I am.
Not trying to dig into anyones finances, never mind.

Fact is, to say China is a giant wage-slave factory is way too simple.

They can get through with all the shit they do to their own citizens because many people are able to live a content life there, and the number of content people seems to be growing.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
China is a far, far bigger threat to the West than Russia is.

In terms of threats to American democracy? It's the GOP and their millions of anti-democracy retard cunts. Right now, they are at a point where if they lose the next election, Republican state officials will not vote to certify it. American democracy right now is at a crisis point far beyond anything that anyone has seen in living memory, and it is their own citizens who are pushing them over the edge.

??

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Not trying to dig into anyones finances, never mind.

Fact is, to say China is a giant wage-slave factory is way too simple.

They can get through with all the shit they do to their own citizens because many people are able to live a content life there, and the number of content people seems to be growing.
I don't think this is an accurate sentiment. Pulling people from absolute squalor and moving them to poverty might be an improvement to them, but no one in the western middle class would trade places with Chinese middle class.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I don't think this is an accurate sentiment. Pulling people from absolute squalor and moving them to poverty might be an improvement to them, but no one in the western middle class would trade places with Chinese middle class.
Allegedly one CCP bot would, but he's not real so I guess it doesn't count.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
That might change in a couple years. China will need immigrants and will prolly fish for em. The cultural barrier is quite big tho.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
That might change in a couple years. China will need immigrants and will prolly fish for em. The cultural barrier is quite big tho.
I might get hit by lightning too, but it's not really relevant to the discussion at hand.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I might get hit by lightning too, but it's not really relevant to the discussion at hand.
Meh, from a North-American perspective its simple to yell at everything that seems like the class enemy.

There is more than black and white to it and some people think differently even in the Western middle class.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Meh, from a North-American perspective its simple to yell at everything that seems like the class enemy.

There is more than black and white to it and some people think differently even in the Western middle class.
I have no idea what point you're trying to make with this post.

M

member 1013

Typical euro perspective, talking down to North Americans and assuming they know what they think

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
The West doesn't need any outside help to destroy its democracy. Americans already tried to invade the Capitol because they disagreed with the results of a democratic election and millions still refuse to accept the results.

In the UK people were convinced to vote against their interests by a big red bus.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
The West doesn't need any outside help to destroy its democracy. Americans already tried to invade the Capitol because they disagreed with the results of a democratic election and millions still refuse to accept the results.

In the UK people were convinced to vote against their interests by a big red bus.
and there was definitely no foreign interference with either the Trump or the Brexit movement...

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Typical euro perspective, talking down to North Americans and assuming they know what they think
Lul. I don't need my Euro special powers - which I definitely do possess - to see the blind hate for everything "communist" oozing from many peepz.
But I understand it and it's fair enough.

However, I can absolutely claim a different insight into how people lived and felt inside such a system, and how those people feel now. Since I do have friends, acquaintances, and even family that lived or were born inside it.

M

member 1013

Lul. I don't need my Euro special powers - which I definitely do possess - to see the blind hate for everything "communist" oozing from many peepz.

However, I can absolutely claim a different insight into how people lived and felt inside such a system, and how those people feel now. Since I do have friends, acquaintances, and even family that lived or were born inside it.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015

Member when this started as a discussion about poverty? I member.

M

member 1013

Samesies Bruv