Whos the oldest OTer

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
I hit the gym 3-4 days a week but my diet's total shit. That is something that I need to work really hard on, and soon. If I ate better, I would feel better.
Yes. Eating right is half the equation.
You don't need to eat free-range organic fair trade *insert label* food; just eat right means plenty fruits/veggies and meat/proteins and yes, enough carbs to sustain your efforts. That's it.

I feel the difference when I eat crappy food during a trip (you know eating at a restaurant almost all the time when travelling?).
And I feel the difference when I start eating at home again. I feel like I'm cleansing my system!

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
Lmao. Playing sports for 17 years of my life has taken a toll on my body man. Torn ACL's, dislocated joints, broken bones, etc. I'm sore daily...just tough thru it.
Ouuuuuuch bro.
I feel for you.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Yes. Eating right is half the equation.
You don't need to eat free-range organic fair trade *insert label* food; just eat right means plenty fruits/veggies and meat/proteins and yes, enough carbs to sustain your efforts. That's it.

I feel the difference when I eat crappy food during a trip (you know eating at a restaurant almost all the time when travelling?).
And I feel the difference when I start eating at home again. I feel like I'm cleansing my system!
Yep, I can definitely tell a difference. Time to make a lifestyle change.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
I want my prime to be 45 (or later) but Id be happy with slowing down after then. Just got to drop the smokes I it might happen.

Do you feel better now than 10 years ago?
You know it's funny.
I'm 43.
I got way better cardio and I'm stronger than before when I was in my 20s-30s. I feel more tired though.
2 reasons : I train better because with a better income I was able to afford some decent qualified trainers. No more bro science made a huuuuuge difference even if I'm older.

I got 2 little kids. After my work in the office my second shift starts. Once they're in bed I go lift or run. That makes for a long day. Then it's get up time at 6am the next day.
No wonder I feel pooped/tired during the weekends. But I just keep going...

It's tough I'll be honest but whenever I see some friends in their forties looking at me envious (with their huge pot-bellies, red faces and absolute lack of strength/ energy) I feel rewarded.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
Yep, I can definitely tell a difference. Time to make a lifestyle change.
It's easy. You've seen some of my recipes in the whatchacooking thread. It's nothing fancy. It's just simple hearty home cooking. You can totally do it.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
It's easy. You've seen some of my recipes in the whatchacooking thread. It's nothing fancy. It's just simple hearty home cooking. You can totally do it.
Yep. My problem is laziness and schedule. I dont like to spend a lot of time preparing food, because I've got other things to do...so I'll just grab whatever, and that whatever is usually something shitty. I need to prep my meals a couple of days in advance and just make it a routine. Gotta do it and now.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
Yep. My problem is laziness and schedule. I dont like to spend a lot of time preparing food, because I've got other things to do...so I'll just grab whatever, and that whatever is usually something shitty. I need to prep my meals a couple of days in advance and just make it a routine. Gotta do it and now.
Weekends are great for that.
I usually make a big batch of food that will get us through to Wednesday or Thursday. You save time that way at the price of variety but it ain't so bad imo.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Wild @Wild wasn't really a joke, I mean kinda maybe, but, you could eat that every day or every second day for breakfast maybe.
Doesn't take long to prepare either, but its very very healthy and gives you a lot of the shit you need, doesn't taste bad either with the sweet fruits (you can chose whatever you like), and the nuts.

VID - Healthy eating specific to your race | Page 2 | The MMA Community Forum

You'll be able to see your - then giant - penis again in no time!

Last edited:

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Wild @Wild wasn't really a joke, I mean kinda maybe, but, you could eat that every day or every second day for breakfast maybe.
Doesn't take long to prepare either, but its very very healthy and gives you a lot of the shit you need, doesn't taste bad either with the sweet fruits (you can chose whatever you like), and the nuts.

You'll be able to see your - then giant - penis again in no time!
Thx man. I'd love to be able to see my penis again.

Bluesville

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
cold turkey? whatever... good on you man. Kicking smokes are next on my list of self improvement measures.
Yes cold turkey.

I've done a couple of half arsed attempts with patches and while I can see the benefits of them, they are just a crutch.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Yes cold turkey.

I've done a couple of half arsed attempts with patches and while I can see the benefits of them, they are just a crutch.
Yeah eventually you have to do the hard yards anyway.

Crutches are good though, I joined a stop drinking group on reddit before I even quit and lied about it being my first night, they give you a badge for ever night youre off it and you get heaps of support from all around the world. By the time I actually quit (first night) I had 8 badges, lots of "good work mate!" replies etc

"Fake it you make it" is my mantra

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Howard Moon

Posting Machine
Sep 6, 2015
Ah well, there's only one alternative to getting older and I ain't quite ready for that yet.

Howard Moon

Posting Machine
Sep 6, 2015
42 and still hitting the iron like I did in my 20's, all heavy all the time.
I'm actually healthier than I've been in decades. I weigh what I did when I was 20. I stopped boozing and cigarettes, BP is ideal.

The best part is shaming apprentices. I can usually climb a 200 foot tower faster than them, and carry a heavier load, all while telling stories about seeing Metallica and Iron Maiden in the 80's. ;)

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
38 in March, going on 19. Although I have waaaay more responsibility now than when I was actually 19. All good though, still fit and going after life hard ;)