Why are MMA fans more retarded than boxing fans?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Perhaps if OP took a good , long, hard look in the mirror, he could provide an answer for us. T'would be helpful.

M

member 3289

Check the OP, homie. Everything he says about boxing is wrong and he uses that as a basis for his criticisms. He's a lazy troll, this shouldn't be a secret to anyone at this point.
I don't think he's a troll. Sometimes he coats his points with too much humor and sarcasm, but I don't think he's trolling.

I don't know enough about boxing fans to say whether or not I agree with him on that point, but I do agree that MMA media and MMA fans are by and large retards.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
There's literally nothing in the OP that would signify one way or the other what I know about boxing or MMA.
If you don't have a basic understanding of the two sports respective fans and media that's a pretty good demonstration of a lack of knowledge of both sports as a whole.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I don't think he's a troll. Sometimes he coats his points with too much humor and sarcasm, but I don't think he's trolling.

I don't know enough about boxing fans to say whether or not I agree with him on that point, but I do agree that MMA media and MMA fans are by and large retards.
He consistently makes false statements and doubles down on them with insults. It's like watching a Donald Trump press conference.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
He consistently makes false statements and doubles down on them with insults. It's like watching a Donald Trump press conference.
Not bad, actually, well played.

He's right, though, you know. I'm just a cunt, not a troll. The terms are far from mutually exclusive, but there is a distinction.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
The more popular and mainstream mma gets the more potential there is for the fighters to get more money.

Sure it grinds my gears when I’m at a live show or bar and there are people talking absolute nonsense while pretending to be long time fans. But I remember when I used to be one of those uneducated idiots and give them some slack.

If the mma community as a whole weren’t such elitist pricks we’d be willing to help these newbies along, but here we are.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Here's one of the statements from his OP @conor mcgregor nut hugger

Boxing fans in general seem to understand basic things like how weight classes work and why they exist
Boxing has a weight class every 4 ounces; because of this boxers move around weight classes all the time to pad their stats by taking easy fights. They've done this since forever. This also leads to fans clamoring for "superfights So he's formed his opinion on a statement that's demonstrably false. I'd also like to see where all these MMA fans who think female fighters can beat male fighters are.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
When Rhonda was at her peak, people were seriously arguing that she could beat TJ Dillashaw.
I remember most people reaming out Rogan for floating the idea that she could beat TJ and I remember the punchline that was "under the right circumstances" but I don't remember many taking up the mantle.

M

member 3289

I remember most people reaming out Rogan for floating the idea that she could beat TJ and I remember the punchline that was "under the right circumstances" but I don't remember many taking up the mantle.
Go back and look for threads. People were serious. Maybe only 20-30% of MMA fans but that number is significant.

The "under the right circumstances" thing comes from Rhonda saying she could beat Cain Velasquez.

She was serious but no one took her seriously.

M

member 3289

Was it TJ or Caraway? I remember Ronda talking shit during the TUF season she did with Tate that she could beat Caraway.... And Rogan AND Dana ran with that shit.
Shit you're right about Caraway. I completely forgot about him. There were probably more people arguing she could beat Caraway because of the TUF season and coaching against Miesha (who was dating Caraway at the time).

There were also people who were arguing that she could at least hang with TJ, who was the 135-lb men's champ at the time.

But def more people saying she could beat Caraway, and I'm not even talking about trolls. There were some trolls but many people were serious.