General Why aren't you dorks talking about gamestonk hilarity?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Looks like I might finally make back the money I lost on this when I bought high. I really just wanted to watch a hedge fund or two collapse, but it seems like we're past that stage. I definitely have to get out before I accidentally end up making a profit.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Looks like I might finally make back the money I lost on this when I bought high. I really just wanted to watch a hedge fund or two collapse, but it seems like we're past that stage. I definitely have to get out before I accidentally end up making a profit.
It's OK if your principles coincide with personal profits.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Going to be interesting now that the meme stonks will have to rely on normal circuit breakers (up or down) instead of illegal rule changes that some brokerages were making up on the fly to force downward pressure to help their hedge buddies.

GME still has a 26% of the float shorted.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I don’t know why they halted trading on GME and AMC. It dropped it so freaking much.
The market has "circuit breakers" where if a stock gains or loses too much too quickly - it will pause trading on a stock to let everyone catch their breath.

Generally it's for downward collapses, but it can get triggered by upward movement as well.

GME has been halted 7 times today:
12:27
12:34
12:40
12:46
12:51
12:58
13:17

Most of the halts were from downward volatility that started around 12:20 when people started selling off.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
The market has "circuit breakers" where if a stock gains or loses too much too quickly - it will pause trading on a stock to let everyone catch their breath.

Generally it's for downward collapses, but it can get triggered by upward movement as well.

GME has been halted 7 times today:
12:27
12:34
12:40
12:46
12:51
12:58
13:17

Most of the halts were from downward volatility that started around 12:20 when people started selling off.
Wish I would have grabbed some when it was down at $40. I knew it was gonna jump back up, too. Damn.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
AMC up 22% in early trading to $13.55

GME more steady at 4% gain trading at $276. For GME I think we'll see a push to $300, followed by a selloff down to the $150 range. Purely a guess - upward movement on this stonk is based on nothing. Downward movement is triggered when enough people blink, followed by a chain reaction of profit taking.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Reddit nerds at it again.

AMC up 22%
GME up 46%
KOSS up 50%

Stimmy checks must have landed.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
The activity that spurned this thread now has some movies and documentaries covering the subject.

I watched Dumb Money the other day. Solid movie.

Eat the Rich is a decent docuseries.
Apes Together Strong is a solid doc.

One day I will re-read this entire thread. As it happened, I knew the docs would follow. Especially when they manipulated the market by turning off the BUY button on Robinhood.
Criminal.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
That is a blatant attempt to crash the stock.

LOL @ turning off the BUY option. Whoever made that call should be locked up.

Biden needs to show some fucking balls and step in.
FYI:
The shit hit the fan on January 28, 2021.

I was immediately calling for those involved to be locked up.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
The activity that spurned this thread now has some movies and documentaries covering the subject.

I watched Dumb Money the other day. Solid movie.

Eat the Rich is a decent docuseries.
Apes Together Strong is a solid doc.

One day I will re-read this entire thread. As it happened, I knew the docs would follow. Especially when they manipulated the market by turning off the BUY button on Robinhood.
Criminal.
Netflix has a doc on it. Good stuff, but I don't remember the name.