Sci/Tech Why Do People Get So Excited About UFO's/Extra Terrestrials?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I've tried to wrap my head around people's obsession with aliens, and I really don't get it. It strikes me as one of the least compelling possibilities for people to be exploring. Anyone here into this shit that can shed some light on it for the rest of us?

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I’m not particularly into it, but imagine learning of some other intelligent life from another planet! What could be more amazing?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I’m not particularly into it, but imagine learning of some other intelligent life from another planet! What could be more amazing?
I don't see how that information would be relevant to earth or the problems we have on it. It would certainly be interesting to know for sure, but it's not like it's going to solve the world's problems.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The only reason I hope we find aliens is so that we can have thier champion fight Jon jones.

Aside from that I couldn't give a fuck

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
I've tried to wrap my head around people's obsession with aliens, and I really don't get it. It strikes me as one of the least compelling possibilities for people to be exploring. Anyone here into this shit that can shed some light on it for the rest of us?
It seems more interesting than peoples obsession with celebrities, At least if the aliens were advanced they may be able to share technology.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
look in sky

see interesting stuff

wonder if there is something looking back at you

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
It seems more interesting than peoples obsession with celebrities, At least if the aliens were advanced they may be able to share technology.
Maybe. It's also possible that like with every other technology we've ever developed we'd just turn it into another weapon.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
I think religion is stranger. Have you seen some of the bible stories?
Agreed. Compared to the various religions, believing in little green men flying around in saucers with deely boppers on their heads seems quite normal.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I’m not into aliens because the thought of it freaks me out, but space is really awesome.
Space is pretty awesome, and the exploration of it is awesomer. It's the exploration to find aliens that baffles me. I also think the forests are awesome and that what conversation officers do is hugely important. If a group of people started lobbying for those conservation officers to find sasquatch we'd be like "What in the actual fuck?"

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Space is pretty awesome, and the exploration of it is awesomer. It's the exploration to find aliens that baffles me. I also think the forests are awesome and that what conversation officers do is hugely important. If a group of people started lobbying for those conservation officers to find sasquatch we'd be like "What in the actual fuck?"
Those damned conversation officers. Using words and sentence structures

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Exactly.
I find cryptozoology really interesting but not because I believe any of it. Only because of the absurdity.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
This is whatboutism good sir.