Why do people think Weidman doesn't deserve a rematch?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

Did you morons not see the first fight?

He won the first round, lost a close second round, and was winning that third round until the ill-fated spinning shit. It's not like it was a blowout from start to finish ffs.

Also, Romero pissed hot, and he would've gotten killed by Rockhold after he gassed in the first round anyway.

Chris is the #1 contender. If Anderson Silva can get brutally KO'd by Chris and get a rematch, give Weidman what he deserves. The man destroyed three legends in a row prior to his fight with Luke.

And after he smashes Rockhold in the rematch, he can beat him again in a rubber match to show you idiots who the best MW fighter in the world truly is.

TheAwkwardTitan

IQ = 209
Jan 30, 2016
People just don't like instant rematches in cases like this. Chris got beaten half to death. I would've liked to see him take a break and then earn his way back to another title shot, but I can see why they made this fight. There's no one who really deserves a title shot at middleweight since Yoel popped.

Pastor Magana

Lurker
Feb 4, 2016

He won the first round, lost a close second round, and was winning that third round until the ill-fated spinning shit. It's not like it was a blowout from start to finish ffs.

Also, Romero pissed hot, and he would've gotten killed by Rockhold after he gassed in the first round anyway.

Chris is the #1 contender. If Anderson Silva can get brutally KO'd by Chris and get a rematch, give Weidman what he deserves. The man destroyed three legends in a row prior to his fight with Luke.

And after he smashes Rockhold in the rematch, he can beat him again in a rubber match to show you idiots who the best MW fighter in the world truly is.
Very true but Weidman will really need to step up his Jui Jitsu if he wants to go all 5 rounds with Luke. #andnew

RickStorm

Posting Machine
Jan 30, 2015
I don't necessarily disagree with Chris deserving a rematch, I just dont like seeing immediate rematches.. Just my own opinion
Same with Aldo.. He's more then deserving, but I dont want to see it immediately

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015

Hell yeah!!

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
I don't necessarily disagree with Chris deserving a rematch, I just dont like seeing immediate rematches.. Just my own opinion
Same with Aldo.. He's more then deserving, but I dont want to see it immediately
Chris rematch I like Aldo I don't, I also don't like the RDA fight. Conor should have to fight Frankie and defend the belt AT LEAST once. I def dont like the Werdum Cain rematch. I also don't really like immediate rematches.

M

member 603

Anderson Silva was arguably the biggest company draw at the time of the first Weidman fight, and tops of most people's P4P AND GOAT list... He went in the cage and clowned around and got put out... The stigma associated with Weidman's win was that he beat someone who was goofing off and got caught, not outclassed, and if at anytime Silva decided to take it seriously, he would've beaten Chris hands down.... That's the logic behind that immediate rematch, unanswered questions and the fact that we didn't really see a serious fight.

As for why Weidman doesn't deserve the immediate rematch... He was outclassed in that fight and got decisively beaten, no question about it. Now many would argue who is there to fight Rockhold besides Chris.... I feel that Jacare should fight Rockhold next, he lost a controversial SD (that many thought he had won) to a fighter who tested positive for PED'S. He deserves the shot before Chris does IMO

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I don't think it's a sexy fight but it's the best title fight available at MW at the moment.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015

I have to say, you just moved up on the "Robbie Hart" list of greatest posters for this factual post.

TedCzech

Ted Czech
Jan 11, 2016

Jacare is the rightful #1 contender. Weidman lost -- not by controversy, or ref screw up or split decision. He may have done well in part of the fight, but ultimately Rockhold destroyed him. And Romero, although he beat Jacare, pissed hot, so he's out. I get why the UFC signed Jacare vs Belfort -- gonna be a big gate/ratings on Brazilian TV, but it should be Jacare vs Rockhold. Before the Yoel fight, Jacare had an 8-fight win streak.

Oh and I'm predicting another loss for Weidman. Much as I like the guy, I think Rockhold has his number.

Joemacka

Bisping is GOAT
Oct 19, 2015
I thought the first round was close could of gone either way, round 2 was all Rockhold, Round 3 was pretty even until Weidman threw the spinning kick.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
the only time there should be a rematch is when it's a close split decision or just an awful decision.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
Very true but Weidman will really need to step up his Jui Jitsu if he wants to go all 5 rounds with Luke. #andnew
Weidman just has to make sure not to get into utterly fucked positions. Luke is better than just about everybody from the top and has uncanny ability to capitalize---Chris needs to avoid being mounted or crushed up against the fence in guard in the event he does end up on bottom.

And oh yeah, he needs to not throw fucking spinnin' shit. Chris was doing fine against Luke until that happened.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

I'm not sure he wins the rematch, and you definitely could've omitted the first sentence. You make some fair points in favor of a rematch though.