Society Why do Regular Citizens Need Assault Weapons?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Why do you think America experiences so much more violence than say its Canadian neighbors?

We have basically an invisible boarder between us.. Yet, Canadian citizens experience much less gun violence crimes per capita. Any thoughts on this?
they didn't fight a bloody war for Independence against an oppressive regime, nor have they faced a torrent of blood in a Civil War.

They're also a fairly homogeneous culture, compared to the US.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Why do you think America experiences so much more violence than say its Canadian neighbors?

We have basically an invisible boarder between us.. Yet, Canadian citizens experience much less gun violence crimes per capita. Any thoughts on this?
Income disparity. I didn't think that was a secret to anyone.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
They have banned vehicles that were problematic.

And they should lock up crazy people... Especially the women... So I stop dating them
I can't think of any banned and confiscated vehicles.

Having said that, it looks like you've come up with a solution I don't agree with it, but it's more logical than banning a specific type of firearm.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
they didn't fight a bloody war for Independence against an oppressive regime, nor have they faced a torrent of blood in a Civil War.

Plus they have ties to the French. Anytime someone gets mad enough to consider pulling a gun the whole town just surrenders and has gay sex instead

M

member 603

I can't think of any banned and confiscated vehicles
On further look you are correct, none were banned and confiscated.... However they were pulled from production by the manufacturer so as not to lose revenue, or be susceptible to a class action suit.

My opinion is that (specifically regarding) the AR-15 manufacturers do not pull the weapon because 1) it's an admittance of sorts of the weapon being an issue (a low but potential probability) and 2) They don't want to lose earnings (the highest of probabilities).... They know their (seriously no pun intended) target demographic, the weapon is so hot button, that every time a event arises, and the "ban this weapon" gets stated, the AR/2A supporters go out and buy more of them. The manufacturer has no desire to find solutions to a possible "epidemic", they (as I suppose all corporations, from weapons, opiate pharm companies, and the guy who allowed those hoverboards that knowingly caught on fire) are only interested in earnings and keeping shareholders happy.

Like I said, if everyone were just transparent and honest...

AR supporters- The gun is fun to shoot, no practical hunting or protection need for it, it's just fucking fun.

Manufacturers/Gun Shops- It makes us BANK

Politicians- We get money from the Manufacturer. The more they sell, the more we get, so EVERYONE can have one.

All honesty, all transparency, all logic.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
AR supporters- The gun is fun to shoot, no practical hunting or protection need for it, it's just fucking fun.
There's no galaxy in which the AR15 isn't a practical firearm for hunting and/or protection.

Regarding your more political assertions. I strongly suggest you look around at the current state of the gun industry.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
The Puckle gun? That piece of shit? You're more likely to blow your own fingers off!
true, but imagine going 200 years in to the future and listening to people argue that people of our time couldn't possibly have understood the dangers of autonomous helicopters...

That's basically the argument that people are making when they say "the Founders only knew muskets"

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Why do regular citizens need Mcdonalds? Why do regular citizens need Cigarettes, Alcohol, cars, I could go on and on about things killing you if youre stupid.

M

member 3289

Why do regular citizens need Mcdonalds? Why do regular citizens need Cigarettes, Alcohol, cars, I could go on and on about things killing you if youre stupid.
Faulty Analogy

This fallacy assumes that because two things are alike in one or more respects, they are necessarily alike in some other respect.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
we should also implement a 15 day cooling off period before the purchase of a car.
mandatory background checks (not just credit check).
cops should confiscate your car if there's a disturbance at your residence.
no car should be manufactured with the capability to exceed the speed limit.
a ban on high-capacity vehicles....

i could go on.

Faulty Analogy

This fallacy assumes that because two things are alike in one or more respects, they are necessarily alike in some other respect.
I think he was intimating "who are you to say what 'regular' citizens need?" but it's only a guess, why don't you ask him what he means?

Last edited by a moderator:

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Answer to thread title: to kill people at a waffle house.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
So what about that makes today's citizens more violent?

Really?

Have you been to any major cities in Canada?

For our population size, I would think we are pretty diverse.

As well, Canada's official policy is a cultural mosaic and individual groups are encouraged to keep their cultural practices when the come to Canada. As opposed to America's Melting Pot...

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Income disparity. I didn't think that was a secret to anyone.
I think that plays a large role but I dont think it can explain the whole picture.

I would guess, if you graphed nations income disparity and their rates of gun violence, America would still be an outlier.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Answer to thread title: to kill people at a waffle house.
people who uses AR rifle to conduct mass shootings or some shit like this^ makes up about less than 1% of the AR owners.

whatever way the other 99% are using, (hunting or recreational shooting) there's your reason.