Why do Yous think Khabib is a terrible match-up for Conor?

Discussion in 'Cageside - MMA Discussion' started by Conor McGregor Nut Hugger, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Rhino

Rhino Channel Moderator

Ratings:
    +9,062
    In MMA, the idea that any fighter is unbeatable is absurd. Any given day, fighter A (who is heavily favored) can come out flat due to nerves, bad weight cut, nagging injuries, personal issues, etc, and get beaten by the heavy underdog fighter B. It comes down to who executes their game plan the best, and who makes the necessary adjustments in fight. This fight comes down to which guy can capitalize on the others weakness, Conor's weakness is Khabib's strength, and Khabib's weakness is Conor's strength.. So who will be first?

Personally, I am a Khabib fan, and I respect Conor's abilities (not the man), but I don't think that this is a blowout win for either. Khabib will take Conor down and swarm him, but can he keep him there? Will he tire out from this if he can't keep Conor down, leading to a late round KO/TKO? Conor will hit Khabib, but can he drop him? Can he avoid enough takedowns? Will he get pinned up against the cage like he did in the Nate fights, getting tired like he did in those fights, and be able to fend off Khabib long enough to set up a big shot?

The more I think about this fight, the more I think this could be a toss up fight. I still favor Khabib slightly because he is an ox, I do think that he'll implement his game plan early, my concern is can he keep it going if Conor finds the way to get up.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ECC170

ECC170 Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
    Pro Fighter

Ratings:
    +20,693
    Conor was in the clinch va nate in the second fight.. and he does have a double leg he just drives ppl to the fence to finish it..if conor can't finish him inside 2 he gets mauled

3. Blubba Jenkins

Ratings:
    +736
    ...because no McGround Game & Khabib's defensive Boxing is more effective than it looks. Iaquinta said he was very hard to hit, and Al went toe to toe with Masvidal.

4. Chad Wagner

Chad Wagner Would never hide in the back of a store
    Admin First 100

Ratings:
    +49,594
    Went from no chance to if...

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. A cat

A cat Posting Machine

Ratings:
    +26,765
    Khabalibby has never been hurt in a fight so maybe even Conor’s power can’t put him into any trouble. Maybe Klabhabob walks right through the punches and takes Conor down and starts in with his GnP.

I think it’s a toss up with who can implement their strength either first or most often.

Khalilibaby is a monster but so is Conor. Two of the funnest fighters to watch in recent memory. Conor is pure edge of your seat stuff where Kabobobo is more utter domination and just a frightening dude.

6. ECC170

Pro Fighter

Ratings:
    +20,693
    It's the conor fans that think khabib don't stand a chance.. conor can knock out any lw but will he is the question.

7. Conor McGregor Nut Hugger

Conor McGregor Nut Hugger Jon Jones is free, deal with it

Ratings:
    +10,559
    The Iaquinta fight proved it for me. Khabib has zero chance of beating Conor

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. This Pothead

This Pothead I walk on water but stagger on beer.

Ratings:
    +3,774
    I see it going like the first Anderson Chael fight but without the triangle.

9. tang

tang who wins?

Ratings:
    +7,877
    Khabib's a chain wrestler, he focuses on getting a deep grip, instead of explosion for a power double.

A desperate grab for the ankle was the adjustment Khabib made in mid-fight because Iaquinta's gameplan was to have lowest stance possible to fend off Khabib's TD

Josh Thompson who has an experience of beating Nate Diaz laughs at the thought of Conor having trouble clinching up with Nate, cuz Nate is supposedly one of the easier guys in the clinch. And Conor had trouble with him.

Conor has the best chance to beat Khabib because of his left hand, timing, and distance control. But that chance is slim more the fight progresses because of Conor's gas tank. Even the chance he has, he has small window to do, cuz once he misses that and Khabib grabs a hold, everyone knows what''ll happen

• Like Like x 2
  10. ECC170

Pro Fighter

Ratings:
    +20,693
    Conor gassing in 4 minutes and panic shooting on nate told me conor folds quicker than a dollar store lawn chair.

11. Conor McGregor Nut Hugger

Ratings:
    +10,559
    The rematch tells a different story

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ECC170

Pro Fighter

Ratings:
    +20,693
    You're right bud.. gassed In the 3rd... he's a killer but he's met his match here I'm telling ya.

13. Conor McGregor Nut Hugger

Ratings:
    +10,559
    But his second wind in the 4th won him the fight.

I really wish I could believe Khabib has a chance, but he doesn't. He's the most one-dimensional champion since Matt Hughes

14. ECC170

Pro Fighter

Ratings:
    +20,693
    Esparza,holm and conor come to mind.

15. Conor McGregor Nut Hugger

Ratings:
    +10,559
    Come on with Conor. He's no wrestler but he has a very good defensive/evasive ground game. You saw those elbows he was fucking Mendes up with

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ECC170

Pro Fighter

Ratings:
    +20,693
    He's been subbed multiple times and you said it sub par wrestling..mendes doesn't pass like khabib nor maintain control.. Mendes is quicker but no where near as strong or big...conor will get suplexed on his dome of he gives up his back on the feet.. and flattened out and bombs away..khabib needs to just walk him down and take him down... no playing around.. impose his will and break conor.. he can't maintain khabib pace i promise.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Conor McGregor Nut Hugger

Ratings:
    +10,559
    You're a nice guy, but this is probably the worst post you've ever made

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. ECC170

Pro Fighter

Ratings:
    +20,693
    He's been subbed multiple times and you said it sub par wrestling..mendes doesn't pass like khabib nor maintain control.. Mendes is quicker but no where near as strong or big...conor will get suplexed on his dome of he gives up his back on the feet.. and flattened out and bombs away..khabib needs to just walk him down and take him down... no playing around.. impose his will and break conor.. he can't maintain khabib pace i promise.
    Only thing worse is conors ground game

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. regular john

regular john Interim Champion

Ratings:
    +5,602
    yours was the one right before him.

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Buff Bagginz

Buff Bagginz NO KNOWN WEAKNESSES

Ratings:
    +1,454
    I think at this point in time, even Khabib knows that he's not making it out of the first round. He will also be eaten alive by McGregor's press conference world tour. That is pure insanity.

Conor will break him in the mental aspect and then finish him off for good in the first.

It's a wrap folks. Let's call it a day.

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. mysticmac

mysticmac First 1025

Ratings:
    +12,313
    Because he doesn't have enough to offer. Just another boring, predictable fight.

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. Joemacka

Joemacka Bisping is GOAT

Ratings:
    +9,987
    People bring up Mcgregor gassing against Nate. Mcgregor was fighting at 145 then jumped to 170. He was carrying alot of muscle in those fights something he is not use to and it isnt efficient whatsoever. At 145 he never had cardio issues and against Alvarez he looked great. I think fighting at 170 against a guy with a bigger reach is what caused Mcgregor to gas. Mcgregor doesnt have to worry about reach or carrying that extra weight against Khabib. Mcgregor has a 4 inch reach advantage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. MMAHAWK

MMAHAWK @MMAHAWK21 TMMAC Journalist of the Year 16' 17'

Ratings:
    +18,664

View: https://youtu.be/LQCU36pkH7c

24. Dat Pre-HollyHolm Ronda $

Dat Pre-HollyHolm Ronda $ Posting Machine

Ratings:
    +6,919
    Love BJJ Scout. Their breakdowns are the shit!

• Like Like x 1
  25. Conor McGregor Nut Hugger

Ratings:
    +10,559
    Myth

Funniest thing I've read all day.

Draft saved Draft deleted