Why is misogny tolerated here?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
In Ronda Rousey's suicide thoughts thread there are numerous misogynist remarks that have been clearly ignored by the admin of this site when 'cleaning' the thread. Why is that ok? Do we want to have a respectful discussion which includes all genders?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I looked at the posts that you reported and left messages in the reports, before closing them. The couple of posts you reported about "all women I've hung out w/ are psycho's" or whatever, are just one persons opinion. It's not fighter bashing, there's no name calling, and the posts weren't directed towards any members. I'm not even sure they go against respectful discussion, because it's opinion of the women that person has relationships with. Are those 1-2 posts poorly worded, or in poor taste? Yes. But they don't really go against TOS.

Regarding all of the funny ratings in that thread. I am having a debate right now with Splinty about it. And like I explained to him, I dont think the majority of those ratings are about suicide at all. I think they're about Ronda's comment about having babies w/ Travis. I would be lying if I said I didn't find that awkwardly funny as well. I think most of the members in the thread have shown some sort of empathy towards her in that thread however.

As far as the staff ignoring the issue. That's simply false. I spent 30+ minutes in that thread, editing comments and explaining what we're all about here. I think my comments were able to defuse any further comments that may have been in poor taste before I did so.

Being able to allow people to have opinions, discuss certain topics, and have fun within our rules, is a fine line. We're not always going to be perfect, but at least we attempt to address it...instead of simply ignoring like others forums tend to do. I think everyone on our staff wants to do the right thing here and is trying their best. I spend FAR too much of my time on here, trying to lead by example and making sure the culture here is upheld. There are going to be things I miss. There are going to be things that I think are acceptable, that others may not. That's just part of individual interpretation. But I am doing my best and will continue to do so.

Thanks to you Zeph for caring enough to hit the report button and wanting to see the culture maintained here. We do as well. We've put too much work into this, to let it go to hell.

Hope this helps.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
All men from Kentucky are cowards and psychotic idiots.

Your point is taken.

But as you've pointed out before with others, the message is better received when the tone and timing is considered.

Try to remember your own advice please and we will be working on this.

It is an issue.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Your point is taken.

But as you've pointed out before with others, the message is better received when the tone and timing is considered.

Try to remember your own advice please and we will be working on this.

It is an issue.
I'm just expressing one man's opinion.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
OK, just so I get this.... We can talk shit on large groups of people as long as those people aren't a religious group, black, or fighters? it's open game?

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
mostly on topic, always find it funny that women can bitch about men and is normal but men bitching about women is misogyny.

women ARE the biggest cunts in my life too :)

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
damn you must be loaded, to afford to pay for every movie, song and event you want to enjoy.
I have 600 song playlist on youtube, that I add songs to all the time. So I don't pay for music at least.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
mostly on topic, always find it funny that women can bitch about men and is normal but men bitching about women is misogyny.

Then you're with the wrong one sir...

Plus not trying to start shit, just asking for a fren

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015

There is a difference we are talking about here. The things said were along the lines of, 'all women are useless, psychotic, cowards.'. Not really, damn, my girlfriend pisses me off level, that you're implying.

Last edited:

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
Then you're with the wrong one sir...

Plus not trying to start shit, just asking for a fren
sadly I am also related to some of them and the culture here in England promotes a lot of women to be a certain way that I consider cuntish, especially when you travel to other countries and for the most part it's completely different and makes you dislike those back home even more.

comes with the territory though as does my various issues being a man so I don't see it as a big deal.

misogynistic opinions like you hear on the N.W.A albums I don't agree with or support even if they do indeed make me laugh.
I have 600 song playlist on youtube, that I add songs to all the time. So I don't pay for music at least.
so you adhere to the law when it suits you and look the other way when it doesn't.

I understand watching (or listening) to youtube is not a crime, but the majority of artists would prefer you paid for their songs, and if they had full control they wouldn't allow their material to be available for free at all.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
you run youtube while you're doing things away from home? i.e listening to your walkman
I haven't had a Walkman since like 99. I use services like Pandora, Amazon prime music, Spotify..... Welcome to 2016 fren

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
I'm sure every hotel I visit would prefer me to pay for the most expensive room. You aren't going to shame me for using youtube, sorry.
like I said ... when it suits

and since when do hotels have a free option which is identical to one requiring payment?
I haven't had a Walkman since like 99. I use services like Pandora, Amazon prime music, Spotify..... Welcome to 2016 fren
last time I checked, none of those are free services and they DO pay money they earn from customers to the artists or label, respectively.

I do live in 2016 but I guess reading comprehension hasn't come too far in that time :D

EDIT: Pandora I'm unsure about but I know we can't get it in the UK and sounds like it's going down the toilet anyway

Last edited:

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015

and since when do hotels have a free option which is identical to one requiring payment?

last time I checked, none of those are free services and they DO pay money they earn from customers to the artists or label, respectively.

I do live in 2016 but I guess reading comprehension hasn't come too far in that time :D

EDIT: Pandora I'm unsure about but I know we can't get it in the UK and sounds like it's going down the toilet anyway
What is your goal here trying to derail this thread?

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Pandora and Spotify are most certainly a free service