General Why is UFC so popular with men? (The Guardian)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TheAwkwardTitan

IQ = 209
Jan 30, 2016

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzVtLB06Df4

This short piece on MMA really won't tell you guys anything you don't already know, but I feel like it did a good job representing the sport/fans from an outsiders perspective. For that i'd like to give the journalist a shout-out. She seems to be doing some solid work. Today's journalism is usally about asking X person X question to prove a political point. Instead this journalist (Iman Amrani) is actually trying to get answers about male interests and male development in 2020.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYnO2wuIiBg

This is another series she's been doing on Jordan Peterson and the role he's filling today. I suggest giving it a watch if you have the time, because it's pretty interesting.

T

The Big Guy

Because fighting is in our DNA. Simple.

All other sports are worthless to me. Combat sports make sense everything else is for women and cocksuckers

M

member 3289

For that i'd like to give the journalist a shout-out. She seems to be doing some solid work. Today's journalism is usally about asking X person X question to prove a political point. Instead this journalist (Iman Amrani) is actually trying to get answers about male interests and male development in 2020.
She's not going to fuck you

Jan 21, 2015
Lots of reasons why men like to watch MMA, we could go on (I'm about 1/2 way through the vid)

But one reason why it might be more popular with men over women might be because men are more likely to have been in real fights than girls. When you've been in a real fight a few times, or schoolyard scraps as a kid etc, it doesn't take much to realize how shitty of fighters we are without any training, how awful it is to find yourself in a fight and not know wtf you're doing, and how much better it would be to have at least some training for the next time you find yourself in an altercation.

Then when you start training you realize fast how deep the skills go and suddenly have strong admiration for masters and professionals

A lot of women I suspect just don't understand this, they haven't been punched in the head and so never really thought much about fighting

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Because fighting is in our DNA. Simple.

All other sports are worthless to me. Combat sports make sense everything else is for women and cocksuckers
Aren't you a big basketball fan, cocksucker?

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Lots of reasons why men like to watch MMA, we could go on (I'm about 1/2 way through the vid)

But one reason why it might be more popular with men over women might be because men are more likely to have been in real fights than girls. When you've been in a real fight a few times, or schoolyard scraps as a kid etc, it doesn't take much to realize how shitty of fighters we are without any training, how awful it is to find yourself in a fight and not know wtf you're doing, and how much better it would be to have at least some training for the next time you find yourself in an altercation.

Then when you start training you realize fast how deep the skills go and suddenly have strong admiration for masters and professionals

A lot of women I suspect just don't understand this, they haven't been punched in the head and so never really thought much about fighting
This

I turn 34 this year with no major injuries. I often with I had trained from the age of 15. I figure if I'm shit at fighting now, if I had started properly I could be fighting Fedor or Tito or bj Penn by now.

If my record was shit enough, obviously.

TheAwkwardTitan

IQ = 209
Jan 30, 2016

The average adult woman in 2020 has the mindset of a guy in like 8th grade. When I was 15 I thought I was the baddest motherfucker on the planet for no reason at all, and then you get into a few scraps and it's a really humbling experience. Women never get humbled. It baffles me how often I hear girls talk about beating someone up/taking on a guy when they're so physically outmatched. When they don't know their own limitations how are you going to respect what a guy like Khabib does to other championship level fighters?

That's not the main reason I think women aren't into MMA in my opinion, but it's an interesting tangent. Also yikes:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvqASJElEh0

TheAwkwardTitan

IQ = 209
Jan 30, 2016
This

I turn 34 this year with no major injuries. I often with I had trained from the age of 15. I figure if I'm shit at fighting now, if I had started properly I could be fighting Fedor or Tito or bj Penn by now.

If my record was shit enough, obviously.
I'd bet my first born that you'd knock Penn out

Jan 21, 2015
The average adult woman in 2020 has the mindset of a guy in like 8th grade. When I was 15 I thought I was the baddest motherfucker on the planet for no reason at all, and then you get into a few scraps and it's a really humbling experience. Women never get humbled. It baffles me how often I hear girls talk about beating someone up/taking on a guy when they're so physically outmatched. When they don't know their own limitations how are you going to respect what a guy like Khabib does to other championship level fighters?

That's not the main reason I think women aren't into MMA in my opinion, but it's an interesting tangent. Also yikes:

People that have been in real fights and know what its like to be punched/kicked (or worse) are keenly aware of the reality of fighting and what skills they actually have or don't have... they have respect for it all, its not just hypothetical

People that have never been in real fights always tend to overestimate themselves in a fight, watch too many movies lol

This goes for both male and female

same goes for people who actually step up and start training something, you never know how bad you really suck until you actually start learning

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
People that have been in real fights and know what its like to be punched/kicked (or worse) are keenly aware of the reality of fighting and what skills they actually have or don't have... they have respect for it all, its not just hypothetical

People that have never been in real fights always tend to overestimate themselves in a fight, watch too many movies lol

This goes for both male and female
What about none binaries and third spirit second genders?

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016

this, lost count of how many times I've seen women step up to the plate thinking they are badass fighters.

if they actually land a punch, later on you hear them describing it as if they knocked the guy out when really the guy was just mildly annoyed at being hit in the face by some random bitch cunt. Some of these skinny runts I see on worldstar are barely any better, prancing round like they're Floyd Mayweather not realising they look more like Pee Wee Herman.