VID Why isn't there more hype behind this guy.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

nni

Jan 21, 2015
There's a fairly decent amount of hype behind him actually. The problem is he's only fought scrubs up to now, so it's hard to gauge how effective his skills will be against decent opponents.

I believe he's getting a step up in opposition for his next fight.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
He is very entertaining and I tune in to watch him every chance I get. It will be interesting to see how it plays out when he does fight better competition.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
problem is he's only fought scrubs up to now, so it's hard to gauge how effective his skills will be against decent opponents.
ricky Rainey and Burell aren't scrubs...

MMA.X

MMA.X for knockouts , subs ,slams and more
Sep 18, 2015
Fuck yeah im hype about venum, he would take Conor's soul with a single fell kick straight to the dome piece

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
I'm going to see him fight on the 4th :) been a fan for a long time now. He'll be champion soon.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
I really like Venom Page, I always get excited to watch him fight. But like mentioned above, it's time for him to step up and fight some serious competition. We know he can look like a million bucks against C-level guys. I think Fenando Gonzalez is a good test for him, they both have similar Bellator records. If he wins that, a showdown with Douglas Lima or Paul Daley would be fantastic.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Venom is a future star if Bellator brings him along properly...which they have done so far, and I'm sure Coker will continue to do.

Two years from now, I predict Coker has a stable of studs that similar to the glory days of Strikeforce. Page, Fortune, Ruth, Straus, etc.

TheEmperorRises

Dec 4, 2015
Venom is a future star if Bellator brings him along properly...which they have done so far, and I'm sure Coker will continue to do.

Two years from now, I predict Coker has a stable of studs that similar to the glory days of Strikeforce. Page, Fortune, Ruth, Straus, etc.
Fortune, Ruth, Page, Caldwell, Held, Brooks, Barbaric Derek, Straus, Yammauchi, Picco, A.J McKee, Piccolotti...

Coker is doing with Bellator what Popovich and Holt did with the Spurs- while you were focused on Duncan, Parker and Ginobili, they were building up their young talent- Danny Green, Patty Mills, Khawi Leonard- aquiring David West, Lamarcus Aldridge, Boban Marjanovich. And now they're dominating.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
There's a fairly decent amount of hype behind him actually. The problem is he's only fought scrubs up to now, so it's hard to gauge how effective his skills will be against decent opponents.

I believe he's getting a step up in opposition for his next fight.
Not if you compare it to a sage northcutt, I would put MVP higher in my P4P ranking, wouldn't you?
Probably has to do something with the UFC's promotion machine.

nni

Jan 21, 2015
Not if you compare it to a sage northcutt, I would put MVP higher in my P4P ranking, wouldn't you?
P4P ranking conversation makes no sense for either of them.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I make it a point to watch MVP fight, as well as spread the gospel according to Page.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Both haven't even sniffed a top 20 guy. MVP probably has better all around skills but both havent fought top guys yet so who knows. He could be an Uriah Hall. Real good on TUF against journeymen but gets beat by top 20-30 guys. We will see.

Page is a fucking beast and has so many assets...Normally doesn't need most of them to win.

Looking forward to watching him rise.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
P4P ranking conversation makes no sense for either of them.
Yeah but i just meant to say i rank him higher skill wise, not that he should be on that list at this moment.

Sage a pretty good fighter but the amount of hype is far larger than it should be compared to MVP

nni

Jan 21, 2015
Yeah but i just meant to say i rank him higher skill wise, not that he should be on that list at this moment.

Sage a pretty good fighter but the amount of hype is far larger than it should be compared to MVP
Well, Sage has the entire UFC machine behind him, while Page is in Bellator, so that's to be expected.

But I agree, the UFC must think that Sage is the "perfect" fit for their "key demographic" or something like that.

TheEmperorRises

Dec 4, 2015
I think by this time next year MVP will have either already fought for the title or will have a title fight scheduled for the near future

MMA.X

MMA.X for knockouts , subs ,slams and more
Sep 18, 2015

But who has better martial arts credentials ? I'd say sage , he has tons of karate medals and championships under his cap and has had success in other martial arts too like amateur wrestling and some grappling tournaments , he does have less mma fights and less kos though but has shown a more well rounded skill set than page has displayed . Let's just make them fight and see lol